Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

please help id
    #894720 - 09/19/02 10:12 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

we found these in my friends yard. we just picked a couple to take pictures and identify them. my friend said his mom had recently bought some cow manure to feritlize some plants... maybe thats y they grew? they are light brown and get darker in the middle, they have brown gills and SEEMED to bruise purple, and they have dark spores, heres some pics.
edit: oh yeah, forgot to mention we are from the gulf coast of south texas.

thanks for any help

Edited by negular (09/19/02 10:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: please help id [Re: ]
    #894727 - 09/19/02 10:17 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Anonymous

#894744 - 09/19/02 10:34 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, my friends camera is really crappy. heres another one, probably wont help thought, but here.

well, i?d been lookin around here for a while now and thought that we had a good find. i saw a post that adviced somebody to try a little bit of the mushrooms, i did that and ate those 2 little ones on the pictures. that was around 3:30am and its now 4:30am. i feel no effect... i hope theyr not TOO TOXIC.

Anonymous

#894852 - 09/20/02 02:09 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #895023 - 09/20/02 04:44 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think Mr_Mushrooms is probably right, I would guess Psathyrella, too.

You ATE THEM???

Without knowing exactly what they were?

Would you eat just any berries you might find in the woods?

On the positive side, I don't know of any deadly poisonous Psathyrellas. On the negative side, we're far from sure your mushrooms were that, and most Psathyrellas are of unknown toxicity.

I you haven't already, get a mushroom book and read the entire section on mushroom poisoning. There are mushroom toxins which can show no apparent effects for 2 weeks.

If you're not sick by the time you read this, you're probably going to be OK. Please don't do it again. If you become sick within 24 hours, seriously consider getting to a doctor, and tell them what you did. With prompt medical care, even the deadliest mushrooms are mostly survivable.

Besides, now we'll never know what kind of mushrooms they were.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlineshroomsformike
Explorer forHuman Life
Loc: somewhere
    #895084 - 09/20/02 05:26 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Those look exactly like the ones I picked 1 week ago. I ate mine and i was in the emergency room 3 days later for 16 hours. J/k but they do look like the ones I found last week here in az. I did eat one but no effects.

--------------------
Chief Mojo Rising
,,,where will you be when marshall law is put into effect,,,

Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
    #895135 - 09/20/02 06:10 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

don't worry, it only takes once eating some shit you do'nt know and almost dying to learn the lesson...

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

Anonymous

Re: please help id [Re: akyouser_oner]
    #895155 - 09/20/02 06:23 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, it was pretty dumb eatin those things. well, its 9.5 hours later, and i just feel like i have a slight hangover, but dont feel sick at all. it was a really small quantity, thats y i figured it wouldnt do much, plus i weight 270lbs. but next time, i'll know better. thank for the help, and im looking foward to learning alot from u all in these forums.

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

#895182 - 09/20/02 06:40 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

post again in a few weeks so that everybody knows you arent dead. If you dont show up, we'll be lookin in the newspaper for that guy who ate unidentified mushrooms and couldnt get a liver transplant. Then we'll read about how the law enforcement is going to crack down on trespassers in cow fields to prevent another occurance. I could see you sampling one if someone actually said that it was ok to eat it, but nobody said that eating it was a good idea. They even said that they didnt know the toxicity of it. But you went ahead and ate it. man. Im sorry if this is harsh. I just hope you'll be ok. Dont do that anymore! :wink: 

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

Anonymous

Re: please help id [Re: bluesky]
    #895256 - 09/20/02 07:06 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

well, now u all got me all nervous... i took some more pics. but it rained last nite, so the mushrooms are all cracked out. plus the camera suck. but here

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #895338 - 09/20/02 07:47 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That photo also looks like typical Psathyrellas. Did you get a spore print?

Don't worry about the liver damage bit on these. They don't resemble any of the mushrooms which have caused that. If you're not showing symptoms within 12 hours you're going to be fine.

He's trying to get you worried and it sounds like it worked. Good! You do need to fear your mistakes when eating wild mushrooms, because the consequences can be so bad.

It would be a good idea to learn all the deadly species of mushrooms (there aren't that many) so that you could always at least know that what you wanted to eat wasn't one of them.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Anonymous

Re: please help id [Re: ToxicMan]
    #895353 - 09/20/02 07:52 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags