Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Palin Rumors
    #8887844 -

I can't be bothered making all the embedded links in this post active. I'm sure there's a quick and easy way to cut and paste an active link but I'm fucked if I know it. So if you want to follow these things up further, go to the source:

http://explorations.chasrmartin.com/2008/09/06/palin-rumors/

Otherwise, anyone who thinks supernovasky's blizzard of gibberish has any validity (can't remember when I've ever seen so many threads from a single poster in so short a time) can just check this out:

Palin Rumors

Cripes, this has gotten ridiculous. Folks, look, let’s just run through a list here. (Updated.)

Yes, she is Governor of Alaska. No, she’s not the Lieutenant Governor. No, she’s not currently Mayor of Wasilla. Yes, she was Mayor of Wasilla, some years ago.

Yes, there are people in Alaska who think she’s too liberal.

Yes, she did push for and approve the Wasilla Sports Center. Yes, it did cost a lot of money. (People keep saying $20 million, that article says $14.5 million, but then they also added a $1.2 million dollar food service/kitchen piece. This year, since Palin was out of office as Mayor.)

Yes, the city went into debt to do it (how did you buy your house, bunkie?) and raised the city sales tax from 2 percent to 2.5 percent to pay for it. Yes, the city is paying it off early.

Yes, she did want authority to have wolves culled from the air, because they were taking too many moose and caribou. Which people hunt for food in the back country in Alaska.

No, she isn’t shooting them herself. I mean, not that she couldn’t, but I’m sure she doesn’t have time. (Thanks to bluemerlin in the comments.)

No, the Downs baby (Trig) isn’t Bristol’s kid, and no, the kid wasn’t born with Downs because (a) Palin flew on an airplane (b) went home to have the baby after an amniotic leak (c) because he was the result of incest between Todd Palin and Bristol.

No, Track (the kid who is leaving for Iraq) didn’t join the NG because he was a drug addict. He may have joined the NG because he was tired of people saying his Mom was getting him into the good hockey leagues. (Yes, that one was original reporting. I’ve got sources in Wasilla.)

No, she’s never been in any porn as far as anyone can find (and God knows I get enough google hits on those very topics.)

No, no one seems to be able to even find swimsuit pictures of her from her beauty queen days; God knows I looked. The bikini pictures that are around are photoshopped, just like the Vogue cover I have up.

No she wasn’t a member of the (wild-eyed libertarian) Alaska independence Party, although her husband once was

No, neither the (Canadian) National Post, nor Marc Armbinder at the Atlantic have troubled themselves to issue a correction. Yes, the New York Times did finally correct their story of September 1 — on September 5. This was after Elizabeth Bumiller was quoted by Howard Kurtz as saying she was “completely confident about the story.” Yes, that was after the New York Times’s source retracted the story. Yes, this should embarrass the Times, Bumiller, and Howard Kurtz. No, there have been no signs of embarrassment.

No, she was never a Pat Buchanan supporter; even when Buchanan claims she was, she was on the board of Steve Forbes’a campaign in Alaska.

No, she’s not anti-semitic. In fact, she has an Israeli flag in her office. (Contrary to popular belief, the usual Evangelical thinks Israel has a right to exist, granted by God.)

No, she’s doesn’t believe that the Iraq War was directed by God. Yes, she did pray that proceeding with the war was God’s will. (Ever hear the phrase “Not my will, but Thine, be done”?)

No, Buchanan doesn’t support her now; in fact he’s supporting Obama. (Buchanan did think her speech was amazing, but then so do 80 percent of the people who saw it.) Or maybe not. Buchanan sure doesn’t like McCAin though.

yes, she was pregnant when she got married

No, so far there’s no confirmation she had an affair while she was married, and they’ve denied it pretty strongly. No, she wouldn’t be the first Christian woman who got a little on the side, if it were true.
No, she wasn’t named as a co-respondent in a divorce; there’s no evidence she had an affair with her husbands’ business partner. The partner tried to have his divorce records sealed because he was being harrassed by journalists who used them to get his phone number.

Yes, barring immaculate conception virgin birth (whatever), Bristol appears to have had sex with her fiancee. No, Bristol didn’t receive only “abstinence-only” sex ed.

Yes, I have it on reliable report that Sarah Levi’s mom has been heard screaming “Way to go Levi!” at her future son-in-law son. No, it doesn’t appear to have been when Bristol broke the news to her family.
Note: I originally understood this story to be about Sarah, not Levi’s mom, in the context of hockey games. As such, it’s shouldn’t be in a Sarah Palin Rumors story, but I like the story too much to delete it.

yes, her 17 year old daughter is pregnant; no, the baby’s father is not an eighth grader; no, having sex at 16 is not statutory rape in Alaska

yes, she did fire the public safety guy — but he said in the Anchorage paper that, for the record, she never, and no one else in her administration ever, tried to make him fire her ex-brother-in-law

and yes, the state trooper (her sister’s ex-husband) she was worried about did: tase her 10 year old nephew; drive his state patrol car while drinking or drunk; did threaten to “bring her down”; and did threaten to murder her father and sister if they dared to get an attorney to help with the divorce.

yes, the state trooper was suspended when he was put under a court protective order

no, the trooper wasn’t fired

yes, she did fire the Wasilla Chief of Police as Mayor; yes, it was because he was lying to the City Council.

Yes, she did try to cut her own salary as Mayor by $4000 a year; yes, she had voted against the $4000 a year raise while on the City Council.

No, she didn’t cut funding for unwed mothers; yes, she did increase it by “only” 354 percent instead of 454 percent, as part of a multi-year capital expenditures program. No, the Washington Post doesn’t appear to have corrected their story. Even after this was pointed out in the comments on the story.

No, she didn’t cut special needs student funding; yes, she did raise it by “only” 175 percent.

yes, she did try, clearly unsuccessfully, to get Bristol married off to her fiancee before the story came out

yes, she did ask the librarian if some books could be withdrawn because of being offensive; no, they couldn’t; yes she did threaten to fire the librarian a month later; no, that wasn’t over the books thing but instead over administrative issues; no, the librarian wasn’t fired either; yes, the librarian was a big supporter of one of her political opponents; yes, the librarian was also the girlfriend of the Chief of police mentioned above; no, this is not the first time in the history of civilization that someone has been threatened with being fired over a political dispute

No the list of books she wanted to ban that’s being passed around isn’t real; among other things, it includes a number of books published after her time in office there.

No, that hasn’t actually deterred people from claiming it really is true even if the list isn’t correct. For example:
“This list might not in fact reflect the books Sarah Palin wanted banned. As more than one person in Comments has pointed out, some of them were not published when Palin was in office. It is my hope that the mainstream media will not let this story drop and that at some point an actual list will surface. The very thought of having someone who once advocated book-banning possibly occupying one of the highest offices of our land fills me with profound dread. It should fill you with dread too.”

No, I don’t understand why a fake list is supposed to fill me with dread, either.

no, it wasn’t a shotgun wedding; Bristol and Levi been engaged for a good while according to his mother. It was either an accident or just an unconventional order.

yes, she’s an was an Assembly of God Holy Roller. No, she doesn’t attend an AoG church now. Yes, she did leave the AoG because they were getting too weird for her.

No, she’s not anti-Mormon. No, not all AoG churches are anti-Mormon. (AoG is even more hard-core about allowing each pastor and congregation to make their own decisions than the Baptists are.) (Thanks to AnonAmom in the comments.)

No, she’s not from another planet. No, I haven’t actually heard that one yet, but you wait.

yes, she apparently believes in some variant of Intelligent Design
no, she didn’t try to force the schools to teach it; she said if someone brought it up, it was an appropriate subject for debate.

No, she doesn’t believe in “abstinence only” education. Yes, she thinks abstinence is an effective way of preventing pregnancy. Duh. Yes, she believes kids should learn about condom use in schools.

yes, she kills animals and eats them, and wears their skins

yes, she was a beauty contest contestant

yes, she was once a sportscaster

yes, she has a college degree in Journalism, but I won’t hold that against her, as she seems to have found honest work as well

yes, she sometimes wears her hair up; no that’s not a “beehive”

yes, her husband is Not A White Person (he’s a Yup’ik; an Eskimo but not an Inuit as my Inuit cousins have taken some pains to explain)

yes, she has on occasion tried to get money from the federal government.

yes, she did finally turn down the money for the bridge. Yes, that meant changing her mind about it.

yes, she was vetted extensively, not just in three days — I’ve got links to press reports about people coming to Wassila on 29 May, and we had her on our Veepstakes at PJM from the first day we ran it.

yes, she want to a bunch of colleges before getting a degree. No, that’s not illegal. Yes, she seems to have made something of herself anyway.

no, they didn’t talk to a lot of the R’s power structure during the vetting; that probably has to do with the fact that she beat them in elections and sent a bunch of them to jail.

Yes, Sarah Palin’s acceptance speech was written by a speechwriter.
Duh. No, none of Obama’s, McCain’s, nor Biden’s speeches were impromptu off the cuff things either.

Yes, she did put the Governors plane on eBay. No, that’s not how it was finally sold. Yes, McCain did say it wrong. Bad McCain.

No, Sarah Palin doesn’t have such control of Alaskans that people are afraid to say bad things about her. (What, are you nuts? Look at this list.) No, I don’t think it’s likely that she called Obama “Sambo”. (Good God, man, I’m ten years older than her and I barely remember “Little Black Sambo.”) Yes, I’m sure there are people who don’t like her — I’ve talked with some myself.

No, she’s not a “global warming denier”, and when the crush dies down remind me to explain why the very phrasing “global warming denier” is anti-scientific, anti-intellectual, and a clear sign of a desire to impose your beliefs by coercion. But in the mean time, while I do believe that she has expressed some skepticism that warming is wholly human-caused, the existence of the Alaska Climate Change Sub-Cabinet and the Alaska Climate Change Strategy work demonstrate that she’s considering the problem and has brought together people more expert than she to advise her.





Due to the absolute hysteria and total skull-crushing implosion of the Leftoids at large at McCain's VP pick, I have no doubt this list will need to be expanded as time goes by. Check the link often for updates.






Phred


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: Phred]
    #8887914 -

More proof supernovasky is wrong.

http://www.globalwarminghoax.com/news.php

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: Phred]
    #8888042 -

... but, but, but... she is bad.  I know so!  Teh media told me so!  so sade coaster two  :rolleyes:


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: Phred]
    #8888433 -

insane...


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: Phred]
    #8888606 -

Phred said:
yes, she was once a sportscaster



I thought it said  sports car and I thought that was really
admirable because I've always wanted to be a fire truck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: Seuss]
    #8889516 -

Seuss said:
... but, but, but... she is bad.  I know so!  Teh media told me so!  so sade coaster two  :rolleyes:



Media's been pretty pro-Palin from what I've seen. She got rave reviews after her conventions speech. It's just people who pay attention to her record and her conduct that raise a stink about her


--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #8889668 -

> Media's been pretty pro-Palin from what I've seen.

They attacked her, starting with her family.  It was so bad, even Obama went on camera and asked the media to back off.  Look at Phred's post above.  The media has been pounding her into the ground, relentlessly.  I don't care for her as a candidate, but she has been attacked viciously by the left media.  It makes the swiftboating stuff look like fairly benign.

> She got rave reviews after her conventions speech.

Because she gave one hell of a speech.  Look at the transcript I typed up a few days ago... the schmuck from time said as much, word for word, then tore into her for pretending that she was now "refusing to speak to the media" when nobody on the McCain team came close to implying such.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: Seuss]
    #8889768 -

I agree she has been attacked a lot. But I don't think it's because of any liberal bias in the media - she's just very easy to attack.


--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: zouden]
    #8889786 -

> she's just very easy to attack.

Then why all the lies and fabrications?  If she is so easy to attack, then attack with the truth.  The non-liberal non-biased media took eight months to report John Edward's affair, and only did so after a tabloid gossip magazine provided undeniable proof that it was happening.  The same non-liberal non-biased media jumped on Sarah Palin's 17-year old daughter like a pack of rabid dogs, making up lies to try and discredit the family.  The non-biased objectiveness of the media is disgusting!

I don't care for Sarah Palin, but she isn't the embodiment of Satan the way the pro-socialist media would have us think.  In all my years following politics, I have never seen the media, left or right, attack somebody with the viciousness that has been used against Sarah Palin and her family.  It really is disgusting.  The only reason I can come up with is that the pro-socialist media is scared that their candidate is going to lose, and will stoop to any low to prevent this from happening.

There are plenty of problems with Sarah Palin, just as there are many problems with Joe Biden- the media should remain objective towards both rather than making up lies and repeating rumor as fact in order to discredit Sarah Palin.  If the media were not biased, they would report what is verified as true, ignore the rumors, stop making up lies, and let the public decide who to like and who to hate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: Seuss]
    #8889793 -

>The same non-liberal non-biased media jumped on Sarah Palin's 17-year old daughter like a pack of rabid dogs, making up lies to try and discredit the family.

Well, I don't watch American media (other than The Daily Show) but the newspapers here have discussed Palin's daughter in light of her pro-abstinence views, which I think is fair enough. It's controversial and it's relevant; it also involves an attractive girl and the allusion of sex. Of course the media love it.

I don't understand the comparison with Edwards' affair. When it was discovered, Edwards wasn't in the limelight any more. Bristol Palin's pregnancy wasn't a secret and it was announced at a time when Palin was very much in the limelight. I am pretty certain that if Edwards was running for VP and his affair was discovered during the DNC then the media would be all it like the rabid dogs they are.

>There are plenty of problems with Sarah Palin, just as there are many problems with Joe Biden

But none as telegenic.


--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: zouden]
    #8889847 -

zouden said:
Well, I don't watch American media (other than The Daily Show) but the newspapers here have discussed Palin's daughter in light of her pro-abstinence views, which I think is fair enough. It's controversial and it's relevant; it also involves an attractive girl and the allusion of sex. Of course the media love it.





Well, I don't watch American media
Then I trust that since you have absolutely no knowledge of the subject you would thus refrain from forming an opinion about it.:rofl2:

but the newspapers here
Australia?  What possible relevance would an Australian paper have to American newspapers?:rofl2:

Mom believes abstinence is the best form of birth control.  This is incontrovertibly correct.  I have tried to explain before that parents do not own or imprison their children.  Bristol Palin is a non-story.

John Edwards' affair remains a big deal because, even though he is not the nominee, he defrauded millions of supporters, was still scheduled to be a speaker, and was still a Dem player.  He did not quietly shuffle off into private life, he kept sticking his little dick out there.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8889853 -

Quote:
Well, I don't watch American media
Then I trust that since you have absolutely no knowledge of the subject you would thus refrain from forming an opinion about it. :rofl2:



Don't be a dickhead.

Quote:
but the newspapers here
Australia?  What possible relevance would an Australian paper have to American newspapers?:rofl2:



Have you ever read an Australian newspaper? Then I suggest you refrain from forming an opinion about them.

Quote:
Mom believes abstinence is the best form of birth control.  This is incontrovertibly correct.



No it is not. If you knew anything about the subject you would understand this. What do you think the failure rate of abstinence is? I'll give you a hint: it's worse than that of the pill.


--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: zouden]
    #8889872 -

zouden said:
Quote:
Well, I don't watch American media
Then I trust that since you have absolutely no knowledge of the subject you would thus refrain from forming an opinion about it. :rofl2:



Don't be a dickhead.



I can't help it, it's in my nature.  And pointing out that you have admitted zero knowledge on a subject and have thus disqualified yourself from even the appearance of any expertise does not constitute dickheadedness. 
Quote:
Quote:
but the newspapers here
Australia?  What possible relevance would an Australian paper have to American newspapers?:rofl2:



Have you ever read an Australian newspaper? Then I suggest you refrain from forming an opinion about them.
Quote:
It isn't Australian newspapers I am commenting on other than to note that they are Australian, which, after all, isn't an opinion, is it?  It is YOU I am forming an opinion about and the opinion I am forming is that ignorance is no barrier to your bluster.
Quote:
Quote:
Mom believes abstinence is the best form of birth control.  This is incontrovertibly correct.



No it is not. If you knew anything about the subject you would understand this.



:rofl2:
Wow.  I suppose you believe in immaculate conception then.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8889903 -

Are you going to answer the question I asked at the end of my post?


--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: zouden]
    #8889915 -

zouden writes:

Quote:
No it is not. If you knew anything about the subject you would understand this. What do you think the failure rate of abstinence is? I'll give you a hint: it's worse than that of the pill.



I'll give you a hint: you would do well to consult a dictionary before making your next post on abstinence.





Phred


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: zouden]
    #8889934 -

zouden said:
Are you going to answer the question I asked at the end of my post?



The failure rate of abstinence is 0.  If there is a pregnancy it means they de facto failed to abstain, hence the failure is not due to abstinence but the failure to abstain.  You might as well compare the failure rate of not abstaining to the failure rate of not taking the pill.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: Phred]
    #8889940 -

In theory, abstinence is 100% effective. In practice, it's worse than condoms. I learnt that during sex ed in high school.

http://www.sexetc.org/story/deciding_sex/2043
Quote:
By studying research on teens who abstained for a period of time, Haignere found that abstinence has a user-failure rate between 26 and 86 percent. This rate is higher than the condom user-failure rate, which is between 12 and 70 percent.



>You might as well compare the failure rate of not abstaining to the failure rate of not taking the pill.

That would be a very good idea.


--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Edited by zouden (09/07/08 07:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: zouden]
    #8889964 -

> the newspapers here have discussed Palin's daughter in light of her pro-abstinence views

No, the media was claiming that Sarah's daughter was actually Bristol's daughter without any evidence what-so-ever.

> In theory, abstinence is 100% effective. In practice, it's worse than condoms.

In theory, and in practice, it is 100% effective.  By definition, if one has sexual intercourse, then one is not abstaining from sexual intercourse.  Teaching abstinence may not be very effective, but this is a different subject.  If a person doesn't have sexual intercourse, then there are no babies!  This is not a difficult concept to understand.

> By studying research on teens who abstained for a period of time, Haignere found that abstinence has a user-failure rate between 26 and 86 percent.

I would love to see the 26% that had babies while abstaining from sexual intercourse.  Interesting claim that.  Based upon what I know of biology, that claim is next to impossible (without artificial insemination).

Not having sexual intercourse, and failing to not have sexual intercourse are two very different things.

> Mary wasn't a virgin.

And the 26% to 86% didn't abstain from sexual intercourse.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: Phred]
    #8889974 -

I don't see why the media is getting their panties all bunched up over her. Other than her horrendous social views and her relative hotness, she's pretty much irrelevant.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Palin Rumors [Re: Redstorm]
    #8889978 -

> I don't see why the media is getting their panties all bunched up over her.

The only thing I have been able to come up with is fear... they are scared of her, thus they are doing everything they can to try and destroy her.  If anybody has a better reason, I would love to hear it.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* McCain & Palin: it's like contraception was never invented
( 1 2 all )
zouden 3,409 25 09/03/08 07:01 PM
by Redstorm
* .
( 1 2 3 all )
AnonymousRabbit 4,606 57 09/02/08 05:51 PM
by EntheogenicPeace
* Palin resigning as governor
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
Poid 13,284 237 07/27/09 09:31 AM
by zappaisgod
* palin "would oppose abortion even if my own daughter was raped"...
( 1 2 3 all )
Annapurna1 3,416 41 09/02/08 05:20 PM
by Phred
* Bristol Palin: Kondracke vs Kristol Fox News lonestar2004 564 11 09/02/08 10:04 AM
by Madtowntripper
* Palin's 17yr pregnant daughter?
( 1 2 all )
heilfire 1,544 24 09/02/08 06:47 PM
by lonestar2004
* Palins E-mail.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
pinkfloydms 8,582 183 10/08/08 09:55 AM
by lonestar2004
* Conservatives are Asking Palin to Quit
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
KingOftheThing 7,894 98 02/01/09 09:25 AM
by zappaisgod

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
3,635 topic views. 4 members, 1 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.