Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
The FAQ
    #886715 - 09/16/02 09:24 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

When I was here, albeit under a different guise I was pushing for an FAQ to be started. Now that I am back (for the moment) I see that although the FAQ is growing into a great resource people are still constantly asking questions answered in the FAQ. I'm not even sure it has helped as much as I had hoped it would.

I am not so much saying I have a good solution to this as I am saying we need to solve this!

There are several things which I think might help.

- An FAQ forum. Come on guys, we need this so bad. Its blaringly obvious that an FAQ forum will help the maintainers of the forum so much. People can make submissions and mods can moved completed threads that are constructive in terms of faq addition into that forum for parsing by the maintainers.

- More prominent FAQ linking in the board itself. It needs to be flashing, shouting out to a newbie. It is very daunting for a person who is new to come and digest everywhere in order to find themselves at the faq. Sometimes I think "We" - that is those of us who enjoy this hobby forget that not everybody is going to immediately read everything on the board. On a side note, people at this board share one thing in common, a voracious appetite for their hobby.

- I'm not sure about this, but maybe the mods should start experimenting with locking these redundant threads. It might be a little harsh so I don't know.

I have started this thread because I'm sure some of you may have your own opinions on solutions. I hope we can decrease the redundancy whilst consequently making the FAQ a complete knowledge base.

I have a couple more FAQ suggestions that I wouldn't mind you hearing.

- How about working towards publishing a grow guide? For the benefit of the community and the site in general imagine a hardcopy of the guide. People would love that. With the evolving state of the information in the book likely many editions could be released.

- An offline version of the FAQ. A text based 'bigass document'.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: The FAQ [Re: utopianglory]
    #886985 - 09/17/02 01:52 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I wholeheartedly agree with many things you address here.
The FAQ is great information(I?m not saying it only because I contibuted to it too) and it can get even better if we get the thing more organized.

We should really get a forum started for this, if you look at overgrow.com , they have a forum and it works out great.

At least one of your points is already "solved":
You can easily get a list of all FAQ in a program, it?s already implemented in the script:
http://shroomery.org/faq/all.php?prog=1&lang=en

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: The FAQ [Re: Anno]
    #887394 - 09/17/02 07:06 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

> - An offline version of the FAQ. A text based 'bigass document'.

Wow, thanks for the link Anno, I didn't know this exhisted. Although most of this information is already in my head I like to pass the info onto my friends, I think this will really add to their understanding (all non-computer types). Thank you.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #888836 - 09/17/02 04:23 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Anno,

Good to see that you agree with what I am saying. Given the fact that you are in a position to petition a new FAQ thread I believe it would not be too hard to implement.

Thanks for the link to the program which does the offline version, if the mail system is going in soon wouldn't it be good if this program did this and then instantly mailed each shroomery mail user say monthly with an updated version?

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #890099 - 09/18/02 04:08 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'll just keep bumping until the FAQ forum exists  :cool: 

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #890511 - 09/18/02 08:41 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #891283 - 09/18/02 04:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

*screams with delight*

InvisibleWrongHole
Meanderer

Loc: Earth Flag
    #23385441 - 06/26/16 10:09 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

How do i change my profile pic? Sorry if i'm bumping the oldest of all threads but the FAQ at the top of my browser took me to the guidelines page...

I used a couple forums from 04-2013+/- before getting more into fb/ig so maybe i'm just having problems from my note 4. Also is there a location/shout out thread? In case someone felt free to link up on our travels.

Long time reader, first time poster.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback