Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Sporeworks.EU Shop: Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
It's August 23, 2008.
    #8815036 -

I'm making a post in the Pub. I just woke about an hour ago, and coughed up some nastiness - I'm battling a throat infection, and just took my fifth dose of anti-biotics. I am feeling loads better than I did 24 hours ago but still sick. I think in a few minutes I am going to go down the block and get a banana strawberry raspberry soymilk smoothie.  August is almost over, friends! One more week!

How has your summer been? To be quite honest I have to say this has been one of the best summers of my life. That's not to say that my life has changed in any sort of overarching way, there hasn't been any single great event marking my summer. Rather, my summer's been dotted with the faces of loved ones from all around the continent, some I hadn't seen in years, some I hadn't seen in months, some I'd never met in person before. I've traveled (well, to Ohio and Michigan) and I've stayed put. I've danced and I've gotten into painting. I've banged on my drum. I've somehow become closer, I feel, with one of my best friends in the world, Ani, than I think we've ever been before.

This summer has felt like magic. Every month had something BIG! around which were scattered little wonders.  In June I went to the Shroomery NE gathering in Ohio. That weekend was short and sweet and beyond memorable. It left me longing to connect with other Shroomerites moreso than ever before, especially the ones I spent the least amount of time with while there. Then in July, i went to the Rothbury Music Festival in Michigan. Partied hard with some of my closest friends. Got to see Krishna again, which warmed my heart more than I can tell you. So far in August I've seen two nights of Radiohead and a ton of other good, local music.

It's been about community for me, this summer.  The other night I made a painting for two of my best friends, who are moving all the way across the country just four days from now. What those two friends have taught me, over the last year and a half that we have known each other and grown incredibly close, is the value of community - there is nothing more important! To know yourself and to share yourself with a community, that is life. That is love. That's what I want to do.  That's the main reason I value the Shroomery...for the community of which I feel a part.

August doesn't mark the end of summer, however, we need to remember that. For those of us no longer in school, that's a bit easier, because we have to work throughout the summer anyway. The Autumnal Equinox is at 15:40 GMT on Monday, September 22nd. That's the end of summer, apparently. That weekend will be a weekend of community for me too as many friends come and stay in my home and I show them a good time in my city. It feels to me sort of like coming full circle on my summer.

What will autumn bring? Autumn has long been my favorite season and I want this autumn to be as beautiful, as awe-inspiring as this summer has been, but far more productive. I want to take all I've learned this summer, all I've experienced, and channel it into creative projects. Words, music, visual art. Whatever comes, may it come, let it come, I will channel it. There is far too much love passing through me for me not to channel it into something other than the moment. I want to leave a trace of myself on this earth. For future generations.

I'm just rambling here. It's noon:19 and I'm hungry and full of love and wanting desperately to share it with you folks. I hope you're all having the loveliest of Saturdays. I'm off now - toodles!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's August 23, 2008. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8815042 -

hi. summer is nice. big fan.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's August 23, 2008. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8815057 -

My summer was quice nice as well...got to meet and hang with lots of amazing peoples from all over the country ...  glad i got to share some of this  summer with OMR:yesnod:   

Glad your summer was great robot...im sure fall will be just as incredible

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's August 23, 2008. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8815061 -

Hey man.

Autumn is my favorite season too. I feel at peace with the sense of ending, for whatever reason. My psyche seems to relate well to the "laying down my head for along winter's nap" kind of vibe. I usually feel a little meloncholy and forlorn, but I LIKE it.

That being said, this summer was disappointing for me. I didn't do as much as I would have liked, and I pussied out of just about every opportunity to dose. I knew each time that dosing would help move me towards a state where I feel like I CAN do what I want, and yet I resisted.

But... fall is here, and I love fall. The only thing I don't like is it being cold in the morning and hot later... but that should taper down soon and then I can just switch to long-sleeves and pants. (Fall clothes are my favorite, too. I've got lots of good fall clothes. :wink: )

And since I'm planning to come to the CoSM Salon Event, I have a lot of hope for this autumn. I feel like I can make this autumn what summer wasn't. I am inspired strongly by autumn.

I was inspired strongly by various influences in the Summer of '06. This effectively overshadowed the summer of '07, and even put a damper on my ability to engage the summer of '08 with a whole heart.

However... I now remember that summer was never my strongest time when it comes to inspiration. I find inspiration in darker avenues... but after the summer of '06, it was as if I had forgotten this as I had found a lot of love-based inspiration.

What I would really like to see this autumn is a merging of these two inspirational 'fronts'... I want to engage and embrace a love-based mode of operation while allowing the dark avenues to be my inspiration.

I am hoping that the CoSM event will open the door for this.

-jC :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's August 23, 2008. [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #8815088 -

wish i could say my summer has been so nice... but i haven't really done anything... going swimming at a river here in a couple hours... lotsa ganja.... maybe a little beer...

I wigged out and was getting all paranoid schizo for a couple weeks and ended up getting diagnosed with bipolar disorder... and uhh... i dunno... been fighting with myself for 3 weeks now to stay away from drinking and the harder drugs... just herb for me for now... my brain's on the recovery from years of opiate/alcohol abuse and a few weeks of benzos while i was trying to kick the others on my own... so i mean... it's been a positive summer... i just feel like there's not a lot left in me sometimes cause i was just runnin around on empty all the time... lookin for the next good feeling...

guess i've learned that good feelings can't start from outside shit all the time... and that i've gotta be a little more comfortable in my own skin before i can really do anything fulfilling...

so all in all it's been a positive summer... I just feel really down and out these days... Like i'm pissed off cause i can't drink anymore for the sake of my mental sanity...

Next week is my birthday... seeing the bridge play the day after... gonna have to work on my mindspace and eat some doses to set free some loose ends while i'm dancin at the show...


--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's August 23, 2008. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8815199 -

:heartpump:

Glad to hear you've been having as good a time as me, OMR.

My summer has been spectacular, confusing, exciting, amazing!

Starting with the gathering in June, and then my trip to Europe, I couldn't have asked for a more full summer, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Then end of summer always makes me sad, though.  I'm not such a big fan of Autumn, as it only serves to usher in the cold, Wisconsin winter.  Ah well, it ebbs and flows.  No sense in expecting things to stop on my account, right?  Right.

I always get bummed out in the winters here, but I'm one year older and wiser, and I feel like I've really learned about myself and about life this year, so perhaps this winter won't be so melancholy.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's August 23, 2008. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8815253 -

Yeah, this summer has been one of the best of my life thus far.

I've eaten so much acid and found out who I really am this summer... I've also discovered who my real friends are and I've met so many people. I had one of the greatest experiences of my life this summer, where me and 5 friends went to live in the forest for a week (with a big box of exotic chemicals).. we became animals by the end of the experience. It was immense... I cannot even begin to describe it.

I also went to my first festival this summer and without a doubt its an experience that will stick with me forever :smile:

I also saw The Mars Volta which was something else :grin:.

I'm also moving out in a couple of weeks & starting a chemical physics masters.

The other night I had one the most profound lsd experiences I've ever had.. I'm still humbled to the core from it and tonight, I intend on smoking the couple of hits of dmt I've been saving and having my first proper (breakthrough) experience. My last trip has given me the edge I needed..

And to top it all off, I'm generally content with life :grin:


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's August 23, 2008. [Re: Cepheus]
    #8815329 -

This was a lackluster summer except for one event that may or may not lead to an incredible relationship with someone I deeply love.

Aside from that single event, it's so damn dull. I'm stuck in a job I don't like. I'm going through a twentysomething crisis that revolves around what I'm going to do with my life and college. Also, I have to deal with this debt somehow. My life, like my room, is a mess. Fortunately, right now all I have is a bit of clutter in both areas. I just gotta sweep things up and organize everything before both become a squalid cavern of failure and filth.

...it could be worse!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Sporeworks.EU Shop: Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* LNC August 31, 2006
( 1 2 all )
mycogirl 2,139 32 09/01/06 02:59 AM
by king_cobra
* HEMPOLOGY ar the University of Victoria 2007-2008 lequebecfume 665 2 09/10/07 02:16 AM
by razmablues
* melancholy JettaJay 474 2 11/14/04 12:34 PM
by JettaJay
* burning man 2008
( 1 2 3 all )
wearejellyfish 3,179 43 07/06/08 12:46 PM
by Ledd
* dj tiesto august 11th tedgar 474 4 08/11/07 08:22 AM
by tedgar
* 8 years since Terence McKenna passed (4/3/2008)
( 1 2 all )
rba 3,707 29 04/04/08 12:13 PM
by WScott
* inspiration wrestler_az 879 4 09/11/05 07:45 PM
by WeAreAllOne
* August 27th CaRnAgECaNdYS 967 14 08/25/06 11:40 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
563 topic views. 4 members, 3 guests and 123 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.