Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Removing super glue
    #8792382 -

Are there any readily available household solvents that remove super glue?

I was pinning a tube of dried up super glue earlier in order to fix my piece (I broke the neck of my acrylic bong) and the difference in pressure cause the super glue to errupt out of the tube and onto my laptop.. Theres a few spots on the screen and a bit on the actual casing..

Its pretty damn annoying actually :frown:.

I hope someone has a solution (+5 :mushroom2: :grin:).


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Removing super glue [Re: Cepheus]
    #8792386 -

acetone, aka nail polish remover, unfortunately it'll eat the plastic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Removing super glue [Re: Cepheus]
    #8792398 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Removing super glue [Re: Cepheus]
    #8792412 -

It will come off with mild soap and water, after soaking use a plastic scraper (credit card) of some kind while it is off of course.
If it were mine I would cut a square hole the size of the monitor in a garbage bag and tape it off so I could use the water without worry. Soak it with a hot steaming rag for a while say 30 mins- hour. Then scrape away, if it scratches the screen use a plastic polish.  Hope that helps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Removing super glue [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8792418 -

I swear you've always got my back :grin:.

I'll try it on the casing first.. I really don't want to ruin the screen on my laptop though.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Removing super glue [Re: silly_sigh_ben]
    #8792422 -

If I may, let me add my own superglue conundrum.

I set down a super glued piece of plastic on my laminate counter top and it left a big chunk on the counter.

I'm afraid to use any solvent cause it might eat away at the counter. Is there anything safe I can use? I have a bottle of goo gone, but I'm worried it will damage the counter top.

Anything safe I can use to not damage anything?


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Removing super glue [Re: Effed]
    #8792426 -

And if that fails, I'll try your method :smile:.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Removing super glue [Re: Cepheus]
    #8792441 -

I would be willing to bet that the monitors plastic is mroe sensitive than the case, so I might not try acetone on the screen unless my method doesnt work. :laugh: It will be interesting to seethe results.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Removing super glue [Re: Cepheus]
    #8792450 -

Cepheus said:
I swear you've always got my back :grin:.



I do a lot of work with superglue, I use it for a wood finish because it's just so damned durable

a new filter can be ordered for the screen, no matter what
you'll fuck it up trying to remove the stuff from it. the
plastic is easy, get a 600 grit wet/dry sand paper and you can
smooth it down, then slap a sticker over the bald spot or if
you're daring like I am you can tape it all off and try matching
the paint in that spot... I'm pretty damned good at it now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Removing super glue [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #8792456 -

WakeboardrB said:
I set down a super glued piece of plastic on my laminate counter top and it left a big chunk on the counter.




acetone shouldnt be a problem on the laminate

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Removing super glue [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8792459 -

I like to breathe the fumes when using kicker with superglue, is that a problem? Ask Dr Pris

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Removing super glue [Re: Effed]
    #8792469 -

well, I dont see a problem until it kills you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Removing super glue [Re: Cepheus]
    #8803361 -

So, any luck?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Removing super glue [Re: Effed]
    #8803430 -

not really... I'm still alive

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Removing super glue [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8803435 -

Prisoner#1 said:
acetone, aka nail polish remover, unfortunately it'll eat the plastic



QFT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Smoking a superglued bubbler...? Hrethic 1,248 9 12/16/05 08:40 PM
by riby
* World's Strongest Glue debianlinux 1,388 10 04/13/06 11:05 AM
by Konnrade
* Gorilla Glue SUCKS!!! Solidcell 3,510 8 02/28/06 05:16 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Drunken Superglue Project lil_demented 1,025 5 05/01/13 12:43 AM
by thelanzii
* Plastic Surgery (what do you think?)
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 7,358 42 11/09/05 09:20 PM
by eric_the_red
* Fiber glass remove from hands KristiMidocean 912 11 05/14/05 03:18 AM
by KahSol
* How to remove price labels from gifts? TheShroomHermit 1,257 18 12/25/04 12:10 AM
by vinsue
* Dragon ball super
( 1 2 3 4 all )
spirit_shadow 2,673 75 03/25/18 01:49 PM
by ADCC420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,993 topic views. 4 members, 10 guests and 175 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.