Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJack yo Self foo
The Artful Dodger
 User Gallery

Loc: Where the red fern grows....
Re: Dragon ball super [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #25037948 - 03/04/18 10:30 AM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Only good thing in GT was Super 17 coming about... and the final battle with Shenglong. All the other villains and dragons were weak AF.

Wasn't really surprised to see that Jiren had a backstory and that gave him a soft side or whatever. Suppose it just leaves an opening for another Movie in the series of Super.

--------------------
You learn something new everyday, so be sure you learn something from it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Dragon ball super [Re: Jack yo Self foo]
    #25038520 - 03/04/18 03:25 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

The main thing that bothered me about the last episode was whenever Goku went to take a breath it sounded like he was sucking through a straw at the very bottom of a slurpee/icee.

They already said the series isn't over, just taking a hiatus for an unknown amount of time. Probably not until after the movie at the end of this year. Hopefully they'll use the time until then to step it up on the writing. I mean Z wasn't by any means the best writing but super is some next level bad writing.

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

Re: Dragon ball super [Re: SirShroomsAlott] * 2
    #25038649 - 03/04/18 04:19 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

I know someone who is watching these new episodes. I've sat through a couple. Idk how anyone can actually be into it. It seems like it was made for adolescent kids

--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: Dragon ball super [Re: trees] * 2
    #25038707 - 03/04/18 04:57 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Lol, yeah that was kinda weird, sounded like he was congested or something, one of the down sides of having a senior age woman play his part though I guess. I think the writing is better in some cases, where they really messed up in the writing in my opinion is how they made Goku too stupid compared to Z. Fighting choreography and animation/illustration are better for sure though.

Quote:

trees said:
I know someone who is watching these new episodes. I've sat through a couple. Idk how anyone can actually be into it. It seems like it was made for adolescent kids

What happened in the episodes you saw? I think super only picked up in the Goku black arc, but really picked up in the tournament. The earlier stuff is mostly garbage. It seems childish at times because it's on a Sunday morning time slot so it's firstly for the original fans but also tailored a bit to suit a new, younger audience..which kinda sucks because I miss the blood and brutality in DBZ.

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Re: Dragon ball super [Re: trees]
    #25038945 - 03/04/18 06:50 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Eminence said:
Lol, yeah that was kinda weird, sounded like he was congested or something, one of the down sides of having a senior age woman play his part though I guess. I think the writing is better in some cases, where they really messed up in the writing in my opinion is how they made Goku too stupid compared to Z. Fighting choreography and animation/illustration are better for sure though.

The animation has definitely been on point, the biggest bitch I've had recently had about the writing is Goku's power up, he managed to achieve (even if it's not mastered) a state at least three times and then perfected it on the third time when gods who have been around millions of years struggle to attain it when they're being taught how to do it directly by angels....and Goku accomplished all that within maybe 30 minutes with barely any knowledge of it lol Will admit that even though it's borderline nonsense, it was almost as hype as Gohan super saiyan 2 transformation.

Quote:

trees said:

Mostly nostalgia for anyone who isn't a kid watching it IMO. A lot of people, myself included, watch because dragonball was a big thing in our own childhoods and regardless of how annoyingly dumb and even contradicting the writing can be sometimes, it's still cool to get a continuation of something you loved growing up and get to relive it to some extent.

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

Re: Dragon ball super [Re: SirShroomsAlott] * 1
    #25039225 - 03/04/18 08:52 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

i'm more a fan of the abridged series than the actual show

--------------------
smack a hoe out this dimension
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, zappaisgod, big worm (sketch), tim b

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Re: Dragon ball super [Re: Envix]
    #25039324 - 03/04/18 09:35 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

:whathesaid:

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: Dragon ball super [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #25039413 - 03/04/18 10:37 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

I feel like there's a couple reasons for him getting it so soon (or at least a couple ways you could make it make sense lol). Whis has talked about UI since the beginning of Super I think, he just never called it by name until recently. So he's been trying, the only reason he got it is because he's a combat savant and he had a few good zenkai boosts in the tournament. Just being Goku gave him a huge head start even before training with angels and gods. Also..I imagine GoD's are too strong to be put under that much pressure to get something like that and the need to learn it probably gets less important over time to them, Goku just accidentally got it by almost killing himself. Also remember Whis offered Goku to be the next GoD, he was probably stronger than most of them when they first took up the title, and he was a special case because he was just some mortal given the chance to train with Whis and Beerus and also on their planet which made a big difference.

--------------------

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: Dragon ball super [Re: Eminence]
    #25039786 - 03/05/18 06:30 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Jiren’s strength is absolute power. Goku’s is indominable will. It stands within reason, however dumb, that if they both represent each facet that Goku would actually manage to master ultra instinct. I have a feeling this will/strength thing is going to be the final moments between the two, a big realization & thanks from Jiren.

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25039906 - 03/05/18 08:07 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Im so behind on DB Super. The last episode I watched was when Freeza was beat again. Then normal life came back.

Definitely gotta binge today.

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: Dragon ball super [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #25040279 - 03/05/18 11:35 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

XLCaps said:
Jiren’s strength is absolute power. Goku’s is indominable will. It stands within reason, however dumb, that if they both represent each facet that Goku would actually manage to master ultra instinct. I have a feeling this will/strength thing is going to be the final moments between the two, a big realization & thanks from Jiren.

Yeah the last episode title has been out a little bit now, something like "goodbye Goku, until we meet again" so I'm trying to figure out if that's Jiren speaking (because we're probably all pretty sure he's going to bring back the eliminated universes) or Beerus/Whis....or maybe even his friends, if he's gonna leave with Whis because really there's nothing they can do to make him stronger than this.

--------------------

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dragon ball super [Re: Eminence] * 1
    #25040493 - 03/05/18 01:37 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Just watched the episode where they go to the planet Potamous.

Anyone see those pan cyans growing on the desert floor?

:trippinbawelz:

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: Dragon ball super [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25041515 - 03/05/18 08:11 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

English? The dub on Toonami is in the 50s now I think. In case you didn't know since you're so far behind.

--------------------

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25042021 - 03/06/18 02:37 AM (6 years, 24 days ago)

Yeah, i think that was episode 47 or so.

The english version, yes.

OfflineADCC420
Male

Re: Dragon ball super [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 2
    #25042732 - 03/06/18 11:07 AM (6 years, 24 days ago)

CANT WAIT FOR NEXT EPISODE SHITS ABOUT TO GET REAL!:stoned:

OfflineADCC420
Male

Re: Dragon ball super [Re: ADCC420] * 1
    #25068293 - 03/16/18 09:49 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Finally tomorrow!!! Here on my city they are gonna put huge monitors on this big venue so people can come and see. obviusly for a small fee (at least here on my city). Now that i think of it, I dont think thats even legal because of copyrights but this is Mexico so i dont think they will give a fuck:shrug:

Even the mayors from different city/towns are organizing this events heres the link to the news:
http://entertainment.inquirer.net/265267/dragon-ball-super-finale-live-streamed-mexican-government

To be honest I do prefer watching the episode at home where i can smoke and drink comfortably:stoned:

Bad thing is that i wont be able to watch the episode until sunday because i will attend a festival :feelssadman: so i will have to make sure to not use internet until i get back bacause i want no spoilers!!.

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dragon ball super [Re: ADCC420] * 1
    #25068403 - 03/16/18 10:43 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Who knew Mexico loved Dragon Ball Super!

I wonder what it sounds like in spanish :strokebeard:

OfflineADCC420
Male

Re: Dragon ball super [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25068431 - 03/16/18 10:57 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:

I like both the english and spanish audio, I never liked the original original goku japanese voice I dont know why:shrug:.

Invisiblebasqueshaman
Todays scapegoat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: Dragon ball super [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25068574 - 03/16/18 11:47 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:

Anime in genral is popular with a Spanish speaking audience.
Im just slightly perturbed about the live action full metal alchemists movie being dubbed over in Spanish but not English. Total bull shit.  I also can't stand the whole argument about sub vs dub wich is better.  Sadly it seems few people realize its impossible to completely translate Japanese to another language flawlessly as Japanese employes politeness levels, then there are culture references that not even i get, thats one of the reasons titles chosen for subtitle translation back in the days of vhs came typically with liner notes.  Few understand that creative licence is always taken with translations.  Anime and Japanese girls are the reasons for me to be interested in learning Japanese

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Dragon ball super [Re: ADCC420]
    #25068739 - 03/16/18 12:56 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

ADCC420 said:
CANT WAIT FOR NEXT EPISODE SHITS ABOUT TO GET REAL!:stoned:

wtf is this, it looks like that episode of south park where they made fun of japan and chimpokemon

I'm not a fan of the series, I wish they let it die after the final dbz saga

dbz gt wasn't really bad to me, but the episodes were like 15 minutes long lol and then there'd be a next time on dragon ball segment

dragon ball super just looks kinda cheap looking, like everything is rush. The characters have all these fine lines around them because it's some stupid japanese fade to make everything look tiny and delicate even though it's a show about power levels. All the characters look like sonic characters, the crappy jokes from dragon ball are still there like others have said that its made for kids, non of the hilarity of the original db and first season of dbz (when it was still good) or the thrills from dbz, just guys with muscles saying stupid moral relative crap while blasting each other with gamma rays

it even seemed like the creator akira toriyama didn't care, from what others said it's like he's forcing himself to do this

there are other much better works by akira toriyama in book, t.v. and even video game form so going back to dragon ball to dye peoples hair different colors is not my idea of fun, fuck  you guys for all watching this shit it looks like the last 800 filler episodes of naruto that you guys like to watch

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale