Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Ranch Dressing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMephistophelian
Quasi Hob-Nobbery
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Camp Crystal Lake
Farm Fresh
    #8802156 - 08/20/08 08:13 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

First time poster but reader of long time. Ive been soaking up the info in this place like crazy for quite a while and figured I was going to finally pick up the torch and start up myself. Ive read Roads H/Poo Tek and many other posts on h/poo (and lord knows how many other teks Ive dug through not to mention 5 year old threads that I cant express enough gratitude for). Im pretty sure Ive almost burned out the search button.

The one question that never showed was... if you can only access H/poo with the range of variables that come with a ranch. Such as sawdust used to soak up the urine/liquids mixed in along with cedar chips (which i know are anti-fungal) among other hazards...but mainly, what if you can only access hot steaming fresh H-Pie?

One fellow posted (I PMd ya on it) about if you leave your fresh h/poo out for a few weeks, the outdoors will eliminate the ammonia content and freshen it up to be dried and then sent to the boiler for cleaning/pastuerizing. I live in the country area so Id rather just pick it up from the ranch then spend huge premiums on getting it shipped. So, if I picked it up steaming, could I theoretically compost it in my backyard for a few weeks? I have a nasty bitter winter coming so I want to try to stock up on h/poo like crazy until weather rounds back out around...oh grief, after October the best is May of 09  :what:

-=I want to thank all the people that selflessly contribute to this community to help with such a increasingly advanced hobby that starts out as a simple gardening look. Especially big thanks to the old timers who been here for many years and made thousands of posts (usually repeating to people who havent abused the search button hard enough).=-

Nuff jabber...thanks in advance!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
Re: Farm Fresh [Re: Mephistophelian]
    #8802428 - 08/20/08 09:16 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

i have nothing to add except i love the wording of abusing the searchbox!

--------------------
grind

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Farm Fresh [Re: seven]
    #8802557 - 08/20/08 09:40 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Don't use stable sweepings with cedar chips.  Pick up the sun dried and rain leached, field aged nuggets from the pasture.  You want manure that's been out in the sun for several weeks that already has no smell.  It doesn't need to be composted for cubes.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleMephistophelian
Quasi Hob-Nobbery
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Camp Crystal Lake
Re: Farm Fresh [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8802662 - 08/20/08 10:09 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks RR.

I was considering leaving it in the sun in my backyard and letting it rained on and the like if I couldn't find the pasture nuggets. So basically the rule of thumb is...long as its still green but lost its smell, its looking good!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Ranch Dressing

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation