Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Lollapalooza was pretty awesome
    #8723135 -

:awesome:

I'd have to say Radiohead was my favorite act, then Rage.
Foals and Yeasayer were the two best non-headliner acts that I saw.
I missed a couple bands that I would have liked to see, but it was worth having good spots for Radiohead and Rage. What pissed me off is that Holy Fuck wasn't on the schedule they handed out at the entrance, instead Noah and the Whale was in their slot. I really wanted to fucking see them. We met some dude who said he went over there to check it out anyway and Holy Fuck did show up or something. Either way it sucked.

AND All Points West released some more Saturday tickets, so I picked them up just a minute ago. Two more nights of Radiohead next week. :woot:


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: jewunit]
    #8723197 -

You saw a goddamn amazing Radiohead setlist. The setlist from last night in Indianapolis looks good too but really the Lolla one looked goddamn amazing. Can't believe they fucking played The Bends.  I can't wait for APW!! We need to swap #'s before Friday/


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8723208 -

http://www.largeheartedboy.com/blog/archive/festival_downlo/



did you meet up with dago?  i'm glad you had a good time and wish i could've been there


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: jewunit]
    #8723214 -

:drooling: what was rage's set?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: zSDMF]
    #8723276 -

No, I gave him my number but he didn't call me. Guess I ain't cool enough :lol:

Z: Testify
Bulls on Parade
People of the Sun
Bombtrack
Know Your Enemy
Bullet In Your Head
Born of a Broken Man
Guerilla Radio
Ashes in the Fall
Calm Like a Bomb
Sleep Now in the Fire
Wake Up

Encore:
Freedom
Killing in the Name

Plus a few breaks here and there to tell everyone to back up and not kill each other.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: jewunit]
    #8723280 -

god fucking damn
(thats really the only words i can think of reply worthy)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8723303 -

I can't believe I moved to Indy on Friday and missed Radiohead yesterday.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: Redstorm]
    #8723310 -

I can't believe you moved to Indy. What were you thinking? Lemme guess...law school?

WHY DID YOU MISS RADIOHEAD?!  All Points West is in a few days, hop a train to NYC. :grin:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: jewunit]
    #8723328 -

Quick drive to Cleveland, they're playing tonight!


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8723333 -

Master's of Public Policy, but close. :wink:

I love it here so far. When I visited in March I fell in love with the place instantly. It beats Houston for sure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: Redstorm]
    #8723335 -

That's the first time I've ever seen "love" in reference to Indy.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: jewunit]
    #8723338 -

It's gotta beat anywhere in Ohio. :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: Redstorm]
    #8723343 -

Is the seventh layer of hell any better than the sixth?
The midwest blows ass.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: jewunit]
    #8723346 -

Sweet fucking SHIT I am out of control excited/frightened by the thought of Friday and Saturday. I'm hoping for I Might Be Wrong, and Talk Show Host too.

But if they play True Love Waits, I'm pretty much done for.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: jewunit]
    #8723353 -

Ha, oh yeah, my friend brought some acid with him, but he's only tripped once before, and pretty lightly. I tried and tried and tried to get him to take it on Friday (Radiohead's night), but he wanted to wait til Saturday (Rage.)

I couldn't convince him, and half way through the Radiohead set he turns around and says "Sorry." That made me laugh. We dosed early Saturday though and I had a good time. The acid was kinda weak, but I was trippin' pretty good during Foals, which was really awesome. Man I fucking sweated my ass off that day.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: jewunit]
    #8723362 -

Foals are pretty cool.  I'm glad to hear Yeasayer was good. mY friend went to the Broken Social Scene late night show on Saturday, Yeasayer opened and she said they blew BSS outta the water. I'm not a big fan of BSS' new material though and Yeasayer is the psychedeic shit! so I'm not too surprised by that report.

I'm so ready to see Radiohead on acid.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: jewunit]
    #8723399 -

Scariest part of the weekend.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: jewunit]
    #8723424 -

Lucky, lollapalooza looked like a good time, good to hear you really enjoyed yourself there :wink: :thumbup:


--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: jewunit]
    #8723425 -

I think if I had been there...this would have killed me:



--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lollapalooza was pretty awesome [Re: jewunit]
    #8723474 -

this was a badass show.  glad it's already up


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Lollapalooza crazy__diamond 910 7 07/17/07 05:18 PM
by crazy__diamond
* Ghostface Killah's new album, Fishscales...
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 1,587 21 04/14/06 11:51 AM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Who is going to LOLLAPALOOZA 2010 Chicago
( 1 2 all )
TheShroomJew23 1,895 24 08/09/10 04:42 PM
by robbyberto
* Lollapalooza Lineup gizagaza 1,660 19 04/07/08 10:35 PM
by circularvortex
* Fuck you Lollapalooza jewunit 722 18 06/18/09 03:22 PM
by Ferris
* lollapalooza vandago 795 10 07/21/08 05:20 PM
by mathewww
* lollapalooza is back BrAiN 744 5 07/11/05 12:16 AM
by Skunk420
* Lollapalooza schedule released! jewunit 660 5 06/17/08 06:11 PM
by Brugman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,871 topic views. 5 members, 237 guests and 84 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.