Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelizardking
journeyman
Loc: Uk, India, USA... Im ever...
Himalayan Mushrooms! Pretty ones too...
    #858042 - 09/01/02 09:34 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hi guys,
i was travelling in the himalayas this month and my travels led me to a valley high up in the camba district called khajjiar... with beautiful fir trees and dense forests with lush tropical vegetation
it also had something which im sure we all love... mushrooms! this area recieves a lot of reinfall and has an ideal climate for mushrooms to grow in... i lost count after about 20 species... there were so many different kinds sprouting up from everywhere.. some under trees, some in the grass...anyways im a newbie and tho ive taken mushrooms a number of times, never picked ?em. so i didn?t pick any of these, since i had no clue what they were... didnt wanna try em without having a book athand...
thought they might be familiar to some of you guys? if you guys can id them, fair enuff, if u cant, then just chill n enjoy the ipcs!
and oh yeah, thanks afor a great forum... im gonna be around here quite a bit as i start growing my own shrooms
as well as collecting them!
here are the pics!

guys../. the last pic is the best me thinks... love the little grasshopper on top of the mushroom... and the mushrooms look like theyre right out of a fairy tale too...
someday when im more knowledgeable id like to go n pick some of these babies, the environment is great for tripping... couple of pics of that now...

last piccie for now... sorry if i posted too many...

ok guys... thats all for nwo... hope u enjoyed the pics as much as i enjoyed taking ?em...
would love to hear all your comments, me being a newbie n all.. tell me if i got anything interesting here?
thanks...
peace and love
lizardking (i realize another guy is called the lizardking here... oops...:) :blush: 

--------------------
The future is uncertain
And the end is always near.
James Douglas Morrison.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Himalayan Mushrooms! Pretty ones too... [Re: lizardking]
    #858089 - 09/01/02 10:16 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #858097 - 09/01/02 10:23 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Nice pictures... I thought there is only snow and ice there.  :smile:
ID's are hard to make. I'd go for the genus only:
#4 Amanita
#5 Gymnopilus ?
#7 Russula
#9 Agaricus

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #858125 - 09/01/02 11:03 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineOrchidman
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
    #858148 - 09/01/02 11:44 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Those mushrooms in the second last photo with the flared cap are very beautiful. They just draw me to them. I'm not skilled at making ID's so I won't try.

Let me say that the quality of these photos is absolutely spectacular, and the content is marvellous. You certainly did give us something to look at and dream about. The photo of the mountains is awe inspiring.

--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

Offlinelizardking
journeyman
Re: Himalayan Mushrooms! Pretty ones too... [Re: ]
    #858167 - 09/02/02 12:17 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hi guys
thanks for the enthusiastic replies, im glad that someone appreciated the pics...
i dont know jack about mushroom id'ing but from the pics i have seen in guide books pics 1 and 3 look a bit like some other psilocybes i have seen... but im guessing

thanks for the attempted id's on that zeronio... no man, the himalayas are a very diverse habitat ecologically... huge range of flora and fauna...
i didnt even know they had mushrooms till i went to this part of the state... people here use mushrooms as medicine, theyre sold at 3-4k RS. per kilo, which is bout 65-80USD per kilo, and then ground up and used as medicine by the local doctors...
id love to go and learn from one of the locals about the different varieties of fungi they know about... and then go trip in the beautiful mountains... the scenery has to be seen to be believed... mist rolling down the hills, with different hues of green and lush tropical vegetation all around you... birds and insects calling.. pine trees everywhere...its beautiful man.

Mr>mushrooms: thanks man, dont worry view them at your leisure!

Enter: sorry man, no spore prints of any of these... im not an experienced mycologist... i just learnt how to take a spore print today from this site... sorry man, i can imagine its a dissapointment for you..

orchidman: yeah man, i fel tthe same way about those flared cap shrooms. they are absolutely gorgeous arent they... so inviting and so symmetrical. nature is perfect in her designs.
that pic was taken with a flash coz the light was receding, which is also why it has come out so clearly... the mountains make me humble man...just makes me realize that there are greater forces at play than us...:)

everyone:im glad you like my pics, will post some more of scenery and some of the mountains. oh yeah i also got a pic of some coprophiliac mushrooms from sri lanka that all of you might be interested in.. found them growing in elephant dung!!

till tomorrow friends
peace and love
L.King

--------------------
The future is uncertain
James Douglas Morrison.

Edited by lizardking (09/02/02 12:20 AM)

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #858175 - 09/02/02 12:38 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That first pic is definitely an active Psilocybe, it just screams psilocybe! I have to go to work now but I'll do some research and try to find out what could possibly be growing in the himilayas. Should have taken spore prints from those man! It almost looks like Psilocybe hispanica?

--------------------

OfflinePapa_Bear
M-M GOOD!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado
    #858229 - 09/02/02 02:24 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Awesome photos......they all look so happy.

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #858259 - 09/02/02 03:41 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Pics one and eight both look very psilocybe like in appearance. Wish you had gotten prints, these are amazing pics.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #858260 - 09/02/02 03:41 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Outstanding photos. Great scenery.

My guesses on genus:
1. Psilocybe
2. Panaeolus?
3. Marasmius?
4. Amanita
5. Gymnopilus?
6. Tricholoma?
7. Russula
8. Collybia?
9. Agaricus

Post more photos when you get them. Those are great.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Trusted Identifier
Re: Himalayan Mushrooms! Pretty ones too... [Re: ToxicMan]
    #858264 - 09/02/02 03:52 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The last one looks a bit like Stropharia rugoso-annulata.

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia
Re: Himalayan Mushrooms! Pretty ones too... [Re: Anno]
    #858340 - 09/02/02 05:35 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Absolutely stunning wow...I to am realy tired after my 80 hour work week...but pics #1 and #8 scream psilocybe to me as well...I think after a closer inspection that they may even be the same mushrooms but in different stages...wow.

Cheers

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#858636 - 09/02/02 09:21 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

really nice pics of nice shrooms, peace

--------------------
Cuba Libre

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #858684 - 09/02/02 09:48 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Awesome pics man. It's not to often that we see pics from outside the US or Australia. That first mushroom had to be some kind of active species... Very cool :smile: 

Offlinedownt1me
Stranger
Re: Himalayan Mushrooms! Pretty ones too... [Re: Gumby]
    #858688 - 09/02/02 09:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

that second picture sure looks cool. if you look at it.. the cap looks just like the moon. that captured my attention. :smile: 

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: Himalayan Mushrooms! Pretty ones too... [Re: downt1me]
    #859065 - 09/02/02 01:26 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

nice pictures i cant wait till it is season here

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: lizardking]
    #859142 - 09/02/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Offlinelizardking
journeyman
Re: Himalayan Mushrooms! Pretty ones too... [Re: Macey Howard]
    #859984 - 09/02/02 08:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hi guys,
thank you for the replies... its cool to see that you guys appreciate the pics... im glad my effort wasn?t wasted!
for all those who requested more pics... guys, sorry but that place is like 2000 km from where i live.. its really far away , and im not going back there anytime soon... so im sorry. i shud have taken more pics, and spore prints, but oh well.. such is life :smile:
anyways, i do have a couple more pics to whet your interest. nothing as nice as yesterday, but whatever, i thought id put them out here anyways...

i feel a bit stupid coz i?m new to mycology, i have read a couple of guides etc. to growing, but dont know much else other than a few genus names? and that to be careful with Amanitas? hehehe
im actually a cannabis gardener... . ok enuff talk, lets get on with the pics:

first pic is of some undergrowth with loads of fungi everywhere... its not very clear but was designed to show the general density of mushrooms on the jungle floor...

the next pic is of me taking a pic of my favourites of the lot...my dad took this pic...:)

the next pic is one i didnt post yesterday... another mushroom growing close to a tree...

heres some beautiful greenery:

some ganja, outdoor tropical sativas... my favourite plant :laugh: .. this is wild ganja, growing at altitude of bout 1900-2000 metres in the chamba valley. its cultivated cousin in parvati valley i.e. malana, manali etc. yields some of the best charas in the world...:)

and some coprophiliac mushrooms from sri lanka, growing in elephant dung...

the surroundings... and why the mushrooms were there (coz of the dung from the pachyderms?)

one final pic of the majestic mountains... and the mist...

thank you all for the kind comments lizard king, papa bear, remytoxic man, stinvetro,toad, gumby,downt1me,dobie420, and moe howard, makes it all worthwhile. that place is seriously a mycologists dream come true, its bursting with mushrooms, mist is always rolling in and out keeping it nice n humid.
wish you guys could have seen it for yourself, and i cud have learnt some from y?all!
anyways, thats all the pics i have for now. im planning on getting myself a good guide book and go hunting in the UK this fall.. from mid sep onwards... can anyone reccomend a good book?

take care guys
peace and love
lizardking.
  :laugh:

--------------------
The future is uncertain
James Douglas Morrison.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #860466 - 09/02/02 11:56 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ive read in several sources that marijuana plants originated in the Himalayas. From their they spread throught the world but many believe that its origen is from that area.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #860477 - 09/03/02 12:21 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Those in elephant dung look like psilocybes ...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck