Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecik
cik
walk in the woods/ pics/ need id help
    #857258 - 09/01/02 02:52 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Went hunting in a very shaded, woods today and found these. I need some help seeing if theyre active. If anyone wants a diff. picture angle or anything just ask.

I found these just growing from grass. there was decayed wood all around.

I found a shitload of these. they were all spread out under bryer patches and fallin trees.

this was the only one of these i found. It was in with the previous mushroom but just growing next to a living tree.

These were growing OUT OF A dead tree.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: walk in the woods/ pics/ need id help [Re: cik]
    #857366 - 09/01/02 03:31 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

We need to know about spore prints for all of them. Good pics (except the last one) which show the important stuff.

The first pair are from the genus Lepiota. Not active. The spore print will be either white or green

The next pic looks like a bunch of some kind of Agaricus (if so, not active). We need a spore print, and you should cut one in half vertically to see if (and what color) it bruises (abuse it with the knife blade to bruise it - look at the inside of the stem near the base). They may also have a distinctive odor - smell at the base of the stem and near where the stem attaches to the cap.

That third mushroom we'll definitely need a spore print to ID. Are the dark markings on the stem bruising? Also, what kind of tree? Could you get a photo of the base of the stem? Not active.

The last group needs a spore print, too. Not active.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinecik
cik
Re: walk in the woods/ pics/ need id help [Re: ToxicMan]
    #857376 - 09/01/02 03:34 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

wait a sec, if you know that all four are not active then im not gonna do spore prints. Otherwise, ill do prints in about an hour and keep you guys updated

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #857440 - 09/01/02 04:04 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

>wait a sec, if you know that all four are not active then im not gonna do spore prints.

People like you bore me. Don't give a shit about mycology or the science of the whole thing, just getting a cheap high. Have fun.

No, none of your mushrooms are active. I guess you can keep checking your same random places... Or you may try reading up on what grows in your area.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: walk in the woods/ pics/ need id help [Re: Gumby]
    #857594 - 09/01/02 05:26 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i know..... "oh, they arent active? screw that.......man", that makes me want to take a big shit..... :mad: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Anonymous

Re: walk in the woods/ pics/ need id help [Re: Gumby]
    #857645 - 09/01/02 05:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinecik
cik
Re: walk in the woods/ pics/ need id help [Re: ]
    #857688 - 09/01/02 06:18 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

actually man i just got into the mushroom scene. I can never find any in my area and i always hear stories of how great shrooms are. so im kinda getting impatient i guess man, sorry to sound uninterested in everything, but i really dont know too much about this stuff yet. i mainly post the pics so i can get a deffinate id on things, so im sure they arent poisenous. if you all wanna be dicks about it im sure another board will help, when you dicks get busted you all say how you are just trying to educate people so they dont kill themselves. thanks Mr_Mushrooms for the tip. im gonna check out the 2nd and 3rd a little closer and repost toxicman

Anonymous

#857701 - 09/01/02 06:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#857808 - 09/01/02 07:29 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

ya man....dont mean to sound like a dick...... but jeeze.....you gotta step in our shoes for a sec. we love shrooms, all kinds, and when we hear someone say, not active.....never mind then, we question their motives....first impressions can often times be decieving, and that may be the case here. i can understand how you can be getting antsy, and if you cant find any try growin some, they are very easy, and this place is filled with people to help you along the way. so keep lookin, we enjoy the pics(even when they arent active) so post away.....and keep hunting, and good luck! peace man

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Offlinecik
cik
Re: walk in the woods/ pics/ need id help [Re: wrestler_az]
    #857830 - 09/01/02 07:42 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

shew i figured you were all gonna flame me

anyways, i started the prints, ill let you guys know how they turn out tm.
I also sliced the last 3 mushrooms in a pie fashion and the 2nd mushroom fades from an almond brown to white as it goes towards the center. The 3rd mushrooms stem fades from an offwhite color to pure white. The 4th mushroom seems to be hollow ??

Edited by cik (09/01/02 07:43 PM)

Anonymous

#857832 - 09/01/02 07:43 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#857882 - 09/01/02 08:05 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

come on its no secret...... :grin: but ya, they are illegal so grow at your own risk so to say, the info is there regardless......do with it what you want

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by wrestler_az (09/01/02 08:06 PM)

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#857892 - 09/01/02 08:10 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

and mr mushroom......youve been nothing but kind to me, so why would i think otherwise.....i wasnt necesarily "encouraging" this individual to grow them.....the last thing i want to see is anyone ending up in prison.....just saying that is an option, an option that many chose to take, with great success. and if you are carefull about it, you can avoid all the hassle of prison time etc....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Anonymous

#857899 - 09/01/02 08:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#857918 - 09/01/02 08:25 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i hear ya..... ya, i been hanging around the hunting forum for a while....even though i only now started to speak my two cents.....but i have noticed that you and most the others in here are very kind and helpfull in identifying mushrooms, both active and not. much thanx, and soon i hope to be adding a few pics of the my finds i have a lot to learn......oh im so excited :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Anonymous

#857944 - 09/01/02 08:39 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinecik
cik
    #858279 - 09/02/02 04:24 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

ok, the possible agaricus' spore print came out brownish and the stems bruised kinda yellow with an orangish tint. Now that the caps drier, the middle of it has a distinquished brown dot that fades to beige as it approaches the edge. the third mushroom bruised really dark brown, however i couldnt get it to leave a print overnite. the cap has a siilky feeling to it. the smell of this mushroom has a slight oniony smell at the base. (not the normal mushr smell i know that)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #858325 - 09/02/02 05:21 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The first mushroom may give a white spore print (try shining light from an angle to see if white spores oare on the paper). Does it bruise or discolor when cut? Lepiota rhacodes resembles your specimens, and it is an excellent edible. If it is, then the spore print will be white and the inside of the stem will bruise orange or reddish. IMPORTANT - verify the spore print color. Chlorophyllum molybdites is a very poisonous mushroom which also looks very much like this and it has a grayish-green spore print. If you cannot get a white spore print, do not eat even a tiny piece. Sterile specimens of Chlorophyllum have poisoned people.

OK, mushroom 2 is very probably an Agaricus. Does it have an odor? The spore print should have been chocolate borwn (like dark chocolate, not milk chocolate). BTW, Agaricus are very difficult to identify accurately to species.

When you found mushroom 3, did it have a long, rootlike stem that extended into the ground? If so, then I'm thinking it resembles Xerula furfuracea.

Mushroom 4 closely resembles Mycena inclinata. It is a common species, especially along the east coast, and has not been tested for edibility. Mycena is not a good genus to experiment with, because some species are known to contain muscarine.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinecik
cik
Re: walk in the woods/ pics/ need id help [Re: ToxicMan]
    #858364 - 09/02/02 06:00 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

thanx for the info toxicman. Im going to look into wha you said-

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #858499 - 09/02/02 07:49 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry if I sounded like a dick man. Like Mr Mushrooms said, We frequently get people on these boards that dont care about anything other than getting high... It just disappoints me I suppose. Again, sorry about all that, and I'm glad to see that you're interested in mushrooms :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies