Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineabetterwaytodie
holla front
HUGE UNIDENTIFIED EXOTIC MUSHROOMS IN PA...TONS OF PICS
    #1554929 - 05/16/03 09:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

side view of unidentified exotic mushroom i found in pa. its about a foot and a half wide

bottom view... sorry about the pic, i had my friend get all these for me while i was at work

new 'shrooms popping up next to some older ones that look like they are in bad shape. they looked alot better before and after we got these pics, i think it was just an odd day

two mushrooms at base of a tree. it looks like a peice fell off of the one, and something is going on at the bottom

nice young group starting to grow.. these things are going to get reallly big. its been raining alot, and these just popped out and area allready big as hell. there is something weird on top in that pic, but its gone now.

more young new mushrooms

more.. these look alittle different from the other ones. there cap is wider and doesnt come staight down, but i think its just because they are from a different spot, far away from the others

last pic for now

unfortunatly when i found the first couple shrooms i took them without knowing anything about shroom hunting. so i put all of the best ones in a plastic bag and took them home. of course, they turned to goo and i had to throw them away so i diddnt get a spore print yet on these.

the bottom gills on the pics that look like p subs are darkish grey to brown, and get lighter as they get to the end

spore prints are coming soon, im anxious to see whats up about these.

and does anybody know anything about that big first one?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineabetterwaytodie
holla front
Re: HUGE UNIDENTIFIED EXOTIC MUSHROOMS IN PA...TONS OF PICS [Re: abetterwaytodie]
    #1554955 - 05/16/03 09:55 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

help out with identification please

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: HUGE UNIDENTIFIED EXOTIC MUSHROOMS IN PA...TONS OF PICS [Re: abetterwaytodie]
    #1554965 - 05/16/03 10:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

A bit of trimming would make those pictures a lot more viewable.

The first two photos are Polyporus squamosus, Dryad's Saddle.
The third looks like Coprinus micaceus.
For the fourth we need a spore print, for starters. Then write up a description like it says in the FAQ.
The rest are more Coprinus.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
    #1555024 - 05/16/03 10:37 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

1. TYPING THE SUBJECT IN ALL CAPS IS ANNOYING AS HELL, STOP THAT FFS. Typing in all caps just screams "Hey I'm a 13 year old newbie that's used to typing in AOL chatrooms." No one wants put of that image for a first impression, do they?

2. Those pictures are too big for people at smaller resolutions. It's hard to make an ID when you can't see the whole mushroom without having to scroll over. Try resizing them.

3. No need to bump the thread by telling us you need an ID. If someone wants to answer it, they will. Bumping thread is frowned upon by pretty much everyone.

I'm not trying to be a dick; I'm trying to teach you some forum etiquette.

Offlineabetterwaytodie
holla front
Re: HUGE UNIDENTIFIED EXOTIC MUSHROOMS IN PA...TONS OF PICS [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1555032 - 05/16/03 10:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yea, sorry about the size. i left them big because i wanted to show better detail. but i still should have cropped them..

are any of those edible ??? if the info and pics provided dont show enough thats cool cause i diddnt think they really would. but if i could get some info on that, it would be good

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1555055 - 05/16/03 10:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

The polypore is technically edible. Read the link I posted.
The Coprinus should be edible (no alcohol for 2 days before and 7 after), if you get them while the gills are still white. Once they change color they become nasty quickly.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlineabetterwaytodie
holla front
Re: HUGE UNIDENTIFIED EXOTIC MUSHROOMS IN PA...TONS OF PICS [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1555077 - 05/16/03 11:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

GumbyDude i completly respect everything you said and i should have known better because i post alot on other forums. i just kinda jumped into this because i was anxious for info quickly. i changed the size of the pics too

and ToxicMan, i basically read that whole link, but diddnt see if they were potent or not. i just want to clear up if when you say edible you mean i could eat it and it tastes good, or i could eat it and trip.

thanks again to all you guys for help, and i found a new really really amazing spot that im going to hunt in tomorrow mourning so ill keep you posted.

late

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

#1555142 - 05/17/03 12:05 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Edible , for food

--------------------

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Re: HUGE UNIDENTIFIED EXOTIC MUSHROOMS IN PA...TONS OF PICS [Re: Gorian]
    #1555241 - 05/17/03 12:47 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

A quick note, coprinus can react violently with alcohol, I believe.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification