Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: George Carlin rememberance thread [Re: it stars saddam]
    #8555648 -



--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: George Carlin rememberance thread [Re: creekfreek]
    #8555667 -

"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A death. What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, and you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm."




My absolute all-time favorite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: George Carlin rememberance thread [Re: DNKYD]
    #8555669 -

:yesnod:


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: George Carlin rememberance thread [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8556062 -



--------------------


"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: George Carlin rememberance thread [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8556446 -


Edited by Cubenisseur (06/24/08 12:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: George Carlin rememberance thread [Re: Cubenisseur]
    #8556496 -




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: George Carlin rememberance thread [Re: Cubenisseur]
    #8556517 -

god rest his filthy sun worshiping soul

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: George Carlin rememberance thread [Re: creekfreek]
    #8556541 -

RIP.  I'm glad my friend told me after the gathering lol.  He was next on my list of comedians to see live. RIP dude, according to his beliefs I know he will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: George Carlin rememberance thread [Re: Ferris]
    #8556593 -

Ferris said:
BoneMan said:
If there's an afterlife I'll bet George isn't too happy about it.



:yesnod:

I'd pay good money to hear his conversation with god



QFT!


--------------------
Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall soon have neither.
-Benjamin Franklin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: George Carlin rememberance thread [Re: Legend9123]
    #8556893 -

Shit, if I live to be 71, fucking A. Like some else replied, he is the only celebrity I was saddened to hear was dead. I remember the first time seeing his stand-up, which was after years of watching him on Shining Times Station. I was all wtf? Favorite line....hmmmm...
"Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll go to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: George Carlin rememberance thread [Re: DNKYD]
    #8557602 -

DNKYD said:
"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A death. What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, and you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm."





My absolute all-time favorite.



That's fucking beautiful.:grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: George Carlin rememberance thread [Re: TheHappieHippies]
    #8557619 -

[QUOTE]June 24, 2008
Op-Ed Contributor N.Y. Times

[SIZE=7]Dying Is Hard. Comedy Is Harder.[/SIZE]

By JERRY SEINFELD

THE honest truth is, for a comedian, even death is just a premise to make jokes about. I know this because I was on the phone with George Carlin nine days ago and we were making some death jokes. We were talking about Tim Russert and Bo Diddley and George said: “I feel safe for a while. There will probably be a break before they come after the next one. I always like to fly on an airline right after they’ve had a crash. It improves your odds.”

I called him to compliment him on his most recent special on HBO. Seventy years old and he cranks out another hour of great new stuff. He was in a hotel room in Las Vegas getting ready for his show. He was a monster.

You could certainly say that George downright invented modern American stand-up comedy in many ways. Every comedian does a little George. I couldn’t even count the number of times I’ve been standing around with some comedians and someone talks about some idea for a joke and another comedian would say, “Carlin does it.” I’ve heard it my whole career: “Carlin does it,” “Carlin already did it,” “Carlin did it eight years ago.”

And he didn’t just “do” it. He worked over an idea like a diamond cutter with facets and angles and refractions of light. He made you sorry you ever thought you wanted to be a comedian. He was like a train hobo with a chicken bone. When he was done there was nothing left for anybody.

But his brilliance fathered dozens of great comedians. I personally never cared about “Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television,” or “FM & AM.” To me, everything he did just had this gleaming wonderful precision and originality.

I became obsessed with him in the ’60s. As a kid it seemed like the whole world was funny because of George Carlin. His performing voice, even laced with profanity, always sounded as if he were trying to amuse a child. It was like the naughtiest, most fun grown-up you ever met was reading you a bedtime story.

I know George didn’t believe in heaven or hell. Like death, they were just more comedy premises. And it just makes me even sadder to think that when I reach my own end, whatever tumbling cataclysmic vortex of existence I’m spinning through, in that moment I will still have to think, “Carlin already did it.”[/QUOTE]


--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: George Carlin rememberance thread [Re: creekfreek]
    #8557667 -

Larry King did a show last night for Carlin and it was really good to watch.  Normaly I wouldn't care when a celebrity died unless I could make good jokes from it, but I was really curious how this would be treated.  I know he wasn't religious and to give him any type of religious memorial wouldn't be right.  Around here, no matter your personal beliefs, it's almost gauranteed a christian burial.  I was really impressed with the way it was done and feel like it was a rare oppurtunity for me to see someone that was non-religious given the respect they deserved in their passing.

RIP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: George Carlin rememberance thread [Re: creekfreek]
    #8559718 -

One of the last interviews with him is available here.

http://prisonplanet.tv/video/20080612report.php

He'll be in the film.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* George Carlin jokes silversoul7 1,829 9 11/14/10 12:05 PM
by Frost
* George Carlin - "Life Is Worth Losing" (reminder) LearyfanS 1,398 15 11/06/05 03:26 AM
by mad__hatter
* George Carlin Dark_Star 1,628 14 02/08/07 09:03 PM
by it stars saddam
* George Carlin's Solution to our Gas Problem... DrCamacho89 1,107 14 06/19/07 02:25 PM
by The_Red_Crayon
* george carlin InTheFlesh714 747 5 05/05/06 12:28 AM
by Deadmaker
* Is this RR? he looks like george carlin pinky2totters 1,105 9 05/19/07 04:13 PM
by tonyperez420
* George Carlin tells it like it is. Rahie 977 8 02/06/07 10:25 PM
by Dark_Star
* Funny George Carlin oneliner theorganicdomino 757 6 07/13/07 05:26 PM
by Deadmaker

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,710 topic views. 2 members, 198 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.