Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Trade Soriano!! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8472165 -

How can you make fun of someone for rooting for a team too much and then you yourself obsess over fantasy baseball? That's even more absurd to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trade Soriano!! [Re: Redstorm]
    #8472203 -

That's what I said when he originally told me that several weeks ago.

It seems insane to me.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trade Soriano!! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8472784 -

Go Cubs!!! :minigun:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trade Soriano!! [Re: Redstorm]
    #8475462 -

Redstorm said:
How can you make fun of someone for rooting for a team too much and then you yourself obsess over fantasy baseball? That's even more absurd to me.



I don't obsess, I just succeed.  And, as I explained to MTT, the success of my fantasy team has nothing to do with real baseball.  MLB is purely spectation.  All you can do is watch.  Spectate.  Be passive.  Fantasy baseball is a little bit more participatory.

That being said, I just thought they were being more than a little schoolgirl giddy.  :sissies:I wanted to save him from the complete loss of his manhood in public because I'm all about concern for my fellow man.  A century of failure will do that but a public spectacle makes us all a little quesy.  As Vince Lombardi used to say, "When you get to the endzone, act like you've been there before."  Then again, they aint exactly in the endzone yet and, even if they do get there, it will certainly be an act.

I am such a dick:grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trade Soriano!! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8475468 -

Is there a sentient being alive who recalls being conscious of a Cubs' World Series win and is still mentally competent enough to appreciate another? I'm guessing that individual would have to be ...what?...106?

I'm a dick, I'm a dick, I'm a dirty rotten dick.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trade Soriano!! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8475484 -

And no, Galapagos tortoises are not sentient. :penis:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trade Soriano!! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8475529 -

zappaisgod said:
Redstorm said:
How can you make fun of someone for rooting for a team too much and then you yourself obsess over fantasy baseball? That's even more absurd to me.



I don't obsess, I just succeed.  And, as I explained to MTT, the success of my fantasy team has nothing to do with real baseball.  MLB is purely spectation.  All you can do is watch.  Spectate.  Be passive.  Fantasy baseball is a little bit more participatory.

That being said, I just thought they were being more than a little schoolgirl giddy.  :sissies:I wanted to save him from the complete loss of his manhood in public because I'm all about concern for my fellow man.  A century of failure will do that but a public spectacle makes us all a little quesy.  As Vince Lombardi used to say, "When you get to the endzone, act like you've been there before."  Then again, they aint exactly in the endzone yet and, even if they do get there, it will certainly be an act.

I am such a dick:grin:



Are those 2 purple things supposed to be me and MTT??:crankey:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trade Soriano!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #8475595 -

No, I was thinking of the friend he had doing a blog.  Then again, if you're not careful, you could fall into the vaseline vat with them, too.  I see warning signs.  Maybe the forum should do a community intervention before you get too lost.:cool:

I am just busting balls.  I hope they do really well and lose to the Yankees.  Something I would never say about the Mets, Cardinals or Dodgers.  They should all go 0-162, with the games they play against each other declared mutual forfeits.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trade Soriano!! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8475654 -

You make me laugh in spite of myself sometime.

Your children must be terribly scarred.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trade Soriano!! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8475903 -

My most impeccable daughter has had the great good fortune and judgment to be a devoted fan of the one true baseball team, which team inhabits, infests and infuses all that is the better part of (not counting a certain toilet in a certain gaily named burro) the greatest city that has ever existed. I don't think I need to clarify, you surely get my drift. She is doing quite well.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trade Soriano!! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8476010 -

Man, I feel dirty after reading that slobbery account  :stopsign:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trade Soriano!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #8476094 -

You are dirty. Isn't Chicago known as "the Dirty City"? Or is that "Windy"? I forget. Because nobody really gives a fuck, after all.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trade Soriano!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #8513140 -

Soriano broke his finger today, out a minimum of six weeks.

Are you happy now?


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trade Soriano!! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8545443 -

Do the Cubs get anything in return????


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* MLB Trading Deadline Madtowntripper 1,879 14 07/27/06 02:27 PM
by zappaisgod
* Soriano to ChiSox...Done Deal? Madtowntripper 1,027 6 07/24/06 09:11 PM
by Deadmaker
* Soriano...
( 1 2 all )
Madtowntripper 2,029 23 04/17/07 03:42 PM
by zappaisgod
* Soriano Out, Will Cubs Trade For Outfielder? Madtowntripper 1,040 8 08/07/07 09:28 AM
by Madtowntripper
* Shroomery Fantasy Baseball - Preseason Trash-Talking and Trades
( 1 2 3 4 ... 30 31 )
OneMoreRobot3021 31,369 607 09/21/06 05:46 PM
by Cowgold
* cubs sign soriano Vvellum 827 6 11/20/06 07:42 PM
by Vvellum
* Alfonso Soriano whattheheck 1,158 15 05/02/08 10:54 PM
by whattheheck
* Damn, I just had a dream that The White Sox traded Thome for Sheffield. Deadmaker 538 2 11/19/06 08:03 PM
by Deadmaker

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
5,435 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.