Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNickthetrip
Super Saiyan

Loc: Ever tryed this position ...
Philospher Bag Success II
    #845745 - 08/27/02 02:57 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well I got a fully colonized cake from a philospher Bag and went out and bought a aquarium that came with a lid and lite ...very cheap I might add (22.00) anyways I also got a cake pan and put it in the bottom of the aquarium and filled it with a inch of perlite(yeah shut up) and a half of an inch of water and a dash of peroxide to prevent a critter whore house. Then put a pot pie pan up side do wn and put the cake on top after doing dunk tek....its been three days and I notice no problem s yet except that maybe the light is drying the cake out I might need to seek different light source cake i s kinda fuzzy but towards top shiney still alive but shiney hmmm... any tips or hints peace fellow cultivators

--------------------
"Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal, fear is how I fall, confusing, confusing what is real!."-Linkin Park

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemile69
wonderer/wanderer ૐ
 User Gallery

Loc: other side of the world
Re: Philospher Bag Success II [Re: Nickthetrip]
    #845774 - 08/27/02 03:19 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

also...theres 2 kind of lids for aquariums. i think it would do you better if your lid was flourescent as opposed to incandescent (sp?) anyway the flourescent light will be better....they come in full, and broad spectrum, and they wont be soooo hot as too dry out your cakes. they are also cool because they will keep the heat up. so look into that option, you dont want dry cakes now:)

OfflineNickthetrip
Super Saiyan

Loc: Ever tryed this position ...
Re: Philospher Bag Success II [Re: mile69]
    #845818 - 08/27/02 03:33 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

So should I pitch the project and start from scratch and maybe make a couple mycelium syringe s from it or dunk tek and switch light s

--------------------
"Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal, fear is how I fall, confusing, confusing what is real!."-Linkin Park

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #845858 - 08/27/02 03:42 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i think this is the 4th post ive seen this week with somebody growing normal cubensis in a philosophers bag (well i presume it is cubensis if youre trying to fruit it as a cake).
sporeworks make it clear that philosophers bags are for sclerotia mushrooms. i wouldnt mind so much only the p. bags cost $5 more than normal myco bags and are listed on the same page directly above the philosophers bags

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Philospher Bag Success II [Re: blackout]
    #845869 - 08/27/02 03:46 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i wouldnt throw it out. get the thermometer like moe says. i would suggest wiring the light up to a dimmer switch and altering the intensity once a day until you find the right setting for the temp you want

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: Philospher Bag Success II [Re: blackout]
    #847990 - 08/27/02 08:03 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

blackout, cubes do produce sclerotiam just not as prolificly as meicana.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Philospher Bag Success II [Re: canid]
    #847997 - 08/27/02 08:06 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

blackout, cubes do produce sclerotiam just not as prolificly as meicana.

This has to be the understatement of the year!

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinefunwithgus
Loc: Philadelphia area
    #848041 - 08/27/02 08:23 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Don't throw it out unless it's contaminated. Even then, try an outdoor tek if you can. Flourescent lights are cooler and a better frequency (more blue light) than incandescents. My fish aquarium came with a flourescent light so I assume that's what your's is. My cat's light (10 w flourescent equivalent to a 40 w incandescent) is only about six inches from her terrarium and so far her casing and cakes have done fine. The temperature fluctuates between about 80 f and 90 f. Also, you don't need standing water in with the perlite. A better way is to wet it in a colander and pour some peroxide over it. Strain the excess water out and then put it in your terrarium. The added surface area will raise humidity and not having standing water should reduce the risk of contamination. You can probably make syringes from it if you want , but since the bag has already been opened sterility will be an issue.

--------------------
Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
Yes, I've been eating them, for six or seven weeks now, haven't got sick once.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag