Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleshroober
Myco Junkie

Cycle Timer Alternative
    #8364414 - 05/05/08 09:41 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Recently I've had a problem with my greenhouse humidifier running too long and soaking everything. Obviously the solution is to put the humidifier on a timer so that it turns on for 15 or 30 minutes every hour or so.

For some odd reason I was under the impression that the only way to do this was to purchase one of those expensive cycle timers. The cheapest one I've found is $70 which I just couldnt force myself to buy as it just seems ridiculously expensive for what it does.

Over the weekend I went to Walmart and found $7 dollar timers that support 15 minute increments. Perhaps everyone else knows about these things but I certainly didnt. All the cheap timers i've found in the past only support 2 or 3 events per day. But alas, I've finally found a cheap timer that I can use to power my humidifiers in 15 minute increments.

I'm sure a lot of you already knew about these but just for those like me who didnt I wanted to share this information.

I couldnt find a link to the actual timer I got from walmart but here is something similar, just a tad more expensive.

http://www.hydroponics.net/i/241103

I hope this information helps someone, as it would have greatly helped me a few weeks ago when my casings were practically over filling with standing water.

Oh, by the way, Walmart sucks and I hate shopping there but it's the only place I could find these. If you can find them at a store thats not operated by Satan you should buy them there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix