Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods
    #8328548 -

Yep.  20% discount, which is AWESOME, considering how much organic produce I consume.  I'm usually there every other day getting fruit and now I get to work there and get the "behind the scenes" scoop. 

The fact I'm in the floral department is AWESOME.  Right up my ally at this point in my life. 

So yeah...I already filled out some paperwork and pending my background check (no criminal record :smile: ) I should start next week sometime. 

Makes me happy...FLOWERS!  And 20% off...woot.  :hippie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: MOTH]
    #8328554 -

I used to buy bud off of a guy who worked at a whole foods. He always made it sound like it was a chill place to work.


--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #8328558 -

Sounds like fun, wish I got a discount

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: MOTH]
    #8328565 -

Awesome, man!
I have a whole foods near me, but I do my shopping at Earth Fare. I should get a job there, if they give discounts I'd save a shit-load. Groceries are what I spend almost all my money on.


--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:


:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8328573 -

Yeah, Whole Foods is SOO expensive, but around my area, they're the only people who really have an adequate selection of organic produce, so I'm a frequent customer.

I'm already trying to add up the numbers in my head to see how much I'll save on groceries, hehe...

I have a girlfriend who works at Whole Foods (Shroomerite, actually) and she said it's pretty chill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8328579 -

i almost majored in botany, at times i wish i had. in high school i was big into hort and arboriculture. at one time i was a tree identification fiend, not so much anymore :sad:

but congrats on scoring a kickin job :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: nalyudi]
    #8328598 -

Thanks, I'm pretty excited...I've been trying to get my foot in the door with plant-type jobs for a few weeks now. This will be a great learning experience for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: MOTH]
    #8328600 -

:earth::thumbup:

must be the flower power. :hippie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: MOTH]
    #8328603 -

Sounds like a good place to work if that is your dietary choice. Food is going to get more and more expensive, so working at a food retailer/distribution place will have its benefits!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: MOTH]
    #8328605 -

I was working at a place just like that for almost a year in FL.  It was one of the most chill jobs I ever had.  Not that it wasn't a lot of work, b/c it was between stocking new plants and selling them people.  It was just being in the environment everyday.  Coming to work and walking into a place filled with flowers and assorted fauna, it just puts you in a great mood and lifts your spirit. 

Needless to say I loved it!  I made decent money plus if you do a good job selling plants and being helpful (carrying peoples plants out for them) you can get some pretty decent tips.  My regular customers usually tipped between 5-10 dollars, and having a few of those a week can substantially increase your hourly pay when factored in.

Learn all you can from the people that know!  What your doing can get you a lot of jobs down the road.  The year I spent working there got me 4 or 5 jobs down the road.  Simply b/c I was able to say I worked around plants for a year.  If you can learn plant names pretty well it can really give you a boost on your resume if you wanna stay in the field.

Congrats on the new job, I'm sure you'll like it!:congrats:


--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

Edited by 2FiNiTe (04/25/08 09:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: MOTH]
    #8328606 -

From what I've read of your posts that sounds great for you moth. Congrats! :thumbup:

My business is soooo slow with no way to boost it I'm having to consider a job for the first time in 12 years. I really don't want to go that route again but I think I'm going to have to. :sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #8328616 -

I have a Earth Fair and near me, but no Whole foods..


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #8328630 -

Gr8fulJ420 said:
Sounds like a good place to work if that is your dietary choice. Food is going to get more and more expensive, so working at a food retailer/distribution place will have its benefits!



Exactly what I've been realizing too.  What with all the crazy shit happening with the world's food supply, I'll want to be as close as possible to quality produce. 

Also there are Whole Food's everywhere in the country by this point; so if I need to move back to Texas to live or any place else, that move is easily only a transfer away.  :thumbup:

I can see this opening up many opportunities later on in life.


Altered:  YEP.  Flower power for sure... :psychsplit: :hippie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: MOTH]
    #8328633 -

To everyone kind enough to wish me congrats: THANK YOU ALL!  :grin: :pinkelephant:

Edited by MOTH (04/25/08 09:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: MOTH]
    #8328634 -

double post...

but anyway, you guys are so encouraging.  :smile:


I can't wait to play with plants!

Edited by MOTH (04/25/08 09:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: MOTH]
    #8328660 -

:laugh::awesome:

Good for you MOTH.

On a side note, Whole Foods food is so much better than any other grocery store.

For me I either shop at Sedanos or Whole Foods.


--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: MOTH]
    #8328680 -

MOTH said:
Makes me happy...FLOWERS!  And 20% off...woot.  :hippie:



You're such a girl.


:smirk:


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8328690 -

Costco has some good food..


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8328695 -

Penguarky Tunguin said:
MOTH said:
Makes me happy...FLOWERS!  And 20% off...woot.  :hippie:



You're such a girl.


:smirk:




Damn...you're right; I AM!  How the hell did that happen???  :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got a job working in the floral department at Whole Foods [Re: MOTH]
    #8328702 -

Just fart a lot around the plants. That'll do.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Giving supermaket food to homeless people LearyfanS 1,646 16 06/01/03 02:01 AM
by frogsheath
* I just might have the coolest job in the world Anonymous 1,054 11 09/22/03 01:49 PM
by Anonymous
* Canadian Tech Jobs... lucid 755 4 08/24/03 03:49 PM
by Irradiated_Feces
* Funny Job Interview
( 1 2 all )
pattern 5,059 32 09/15/03 02:44 PM
by Annom
* A Job. LittlePygmyMan 665 4 09/15/03 05:22 PM
by LittlePygmyMan
* question about donating blood at work swm 2,035 16 07/21/03 04:58 PM
by GernBlanston
* Cedar point... whos worked there and whos goin work 03? Fungushungry 1,481 9 04/03/03 12:21 PM
by dia
* what makes airplane food REALLY suck? the man 1,976 15 11/09/03 06:24 AM
by geokills

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,204 topic views. 3 members, 27 guests and 147 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.