Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Modern Day Torrents
    #8323319 -

I havent used any torrent progs in ages and now I have no idea what are the better torrent programs and which are the better torrent sites.


What progs and sites do you guys use?
Which are good for movies and TV shows?
And which are good for music?


:legoman:


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: eligal]
    #8323330 -

Demoniod+Piratebay+utorrent:thumbup:


--------------------
I am excited for my thoughts to become positive and of lifeful things instead of negative and suicidal things - Oceanshore23Forest :feelsoldman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: ShroomMan420]
    #8323441 -

Ah yes, I used to use utorrent, glad to see I can stick with the same prog.


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: eligal]
    #8323453 -

I use stmusic.org and what.cd. I use utorrent as my torrent client, it's the best!

what.cd has not been working for me recently however... For some reason I can't seem to download anything from it. It's strange...

By the way, if anyone happens to know where I could get a torrent for cakewalk sonar producer edition, please let me know!


--------------------


Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: Drewwyann]
    #8323489 -

I use BitTorrent now because it's just uTorrent. I guess they bought them or something?

I use ISOhunt, Mininova and ThePirateBay to search for my torrents.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: Bandersnatch]
    #8323541 -

ISOhunt will get a copyright infringement letter to your email/mailbox in a hurry. I've gotten two of them because of that site... I use Comcast though, and they're dicks about torrents. Now I stick to stmusic for the most part, and pirate bay on occassion


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8323700 -

I haven't found that it's the torrent site that has any influence on getting a copyright infringement letter.

That depends entirely on your ISP in my experience.

If you use an ISP blocker and PeerGuardian, you should be fine anyway

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: Bandersnatch]
    #8323876 -

Can you recommend a free ISP blocker for me? I have peerguardian 2...


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8323940 -

Sorry, I meant IP blocker.

Hide IP Platinum is decent.

I've heard TOR recommended as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: Bandersnatch]
    #8324000 -

Damn... I was getting hopeful there for a second that there was a program I could use to tell comcast to mind its own fucking business....


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8324009 -

Yeah, you could always write a letter. :awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: Bandersnatch]
    #8324017 -

But I'm all out of anthrax! :hissyfit:


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: Bandersnatch]
    #8324018 -

Torrents are so fucking alien to me.


--------------------
Tune in, Freak out, Get Beaten.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: Bandersnatch]
    #8324062 -

please DO NOT torrent through TOR. that behavior is called, "being a shitbag".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: debianlinux]
    #8324075 -

I don't, I just heard it was a good IP protection program. :ohwell:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: Bandersnatch]
    #8324092 -

yeah, it's great for that. i wouldn't advise running any sensitive info like banking or anything with passwords through it tho. the exit nodes could sniff a treasure trove.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: debianlinux]
    #8324144 -

I've used Isohunt for years and never gotten a copyright notice, although that is the rumor.


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: Ferris]
    #8324148 -

you've been abusing quick-reply for a couple years too, haven't you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: debianlinux]
    #8324156 -

debianlinux said:
you've been abusing quick-reply for a couple years too, haven't you?



Bah.


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Modern Day Torrents [Re: Ferris]
    #8370623 -

And Im back, still haent installed uTorrent yet... Probably will do so soon.

Anymore suggestions?
So far, Ill be using uTorrent as my host program, to find torrents Ill visit:
- piratebay
- isohunt
- demonoid
- stmusic.org
- what.cd
- mininova


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bit-torrent?
( 1 2 all )
cougercruiser 3,522 27 07/12/06 08:55 PM
by johnuk
* uploading albums to STmusic.org Drewwyann 2,054 7 11/27/07 09:02 PM
by paradox_
* Is there a better site for torrents than Demonoid?
( 1 2 all )
Around In Circles 2,376 23 07/08/09 01:59 PM
by blewmeanie
* How safe are torrents?
( 1 2 all )
niteowl 3,268 38 01/09/09 03:32 AM
by GoaM
* Any torrent sites where you don't have to upload?
( 1 2 all )
FeedingMyDreams 2,835 20 08/05/09 09:52 PM
by Dynoo
* torrents....seriously noew....srsly notapillow 1,850 17 03/16/09 08:04 PM
by Gainer
* Best British U.K Comedy Torrents Downloads ALL SEASONS ( AlChiNo's PiCK )
( 1 2 all )
alchino23 54,722 21 08/14/07 11:02 AM
by alchino23
* My Top 6 British U.K Films Ever Torrent Downloads ( AlChiNo's PiCK ) Link Allows Download Of Films alchino23 11,299 4 08/14/07 11:14 AM
by alchino23

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,850 topic views. 2 members, 17 guests and 139 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.