Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Air Pump, Salvia, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Loc: Europe
My salvia cuttings...
    #822502 - 08/17/02 01:14 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

received a rooted salvia cutting about 1 week ago, but, unfortunaly, it was broken in 3 well, the top part with only tthe leaves on went into a cup of water, hoping it should rooted quickly, but one week, and still no roots.. I change the water quite often.. Then the two other parts had some roots on them.. one of them had 2 tiny leaves from a nod, and some roots, and she was planted in a nice pot, with potting soil and vermiculite.. That one is going good so far, the leaves are starting to grow the last one was the one with all the roots on it, but no nod.. that one was planted with about 2 cm coming out of the soil, the roots seem to have grown, but there is no nod, and I don't see were new growth could come from.. all the cutting are in a reversed aquarium, with about 2-3 mistings a day, and 5 minutes of fresh air...
Here are my questions... A when do you think the top part will start to root? B should I start to lower the humidity for the second cutting, and gradually put it outside of the aquarium? I'm a bit scared of any molding.. C will any new growth come out the cutting with out any nods? If so, in how much time? Should I start taking that one out too? Thanx!!!

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSalviaEngland
Omnipresence

Loc: Alternate Dimensions
Re: My salvia cuttings... [Re: psylo33o]
    #822689 - 08/17/02 04:49 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

when do you think the top part will start to root?

One more week should do it.

In reply to:

should I start to lower the humidity for the second cutting, and gradually put it outside of the aquarium? I'm a bit scared of any molding..

I would give it a bit longer in the aquarium, but provide it with some more air exchange. An aquarium air pump into a glass of water, would do nicely.

In reply to:

will any new growth come out the cutting with out any nods? If so, in how much time? Should I start taking that one out too?

I have rooted a cutting with no nodes before but no new leafs or nodes formed.. Some one else my have different experience though!

--------------------

Cactus

Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Re: My salvia cuttings... [Re: SalviaEngland]
    #824731 - 08/18/02 01:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanx SalviaEngland!!
Little update:
I had a look this morning on the top cutting, and small spots have appeared at the base, I guess its the roots!
I'm giving more air exchange, and I gonna put that air pump setup too
The cutting without any nods has started to blacken on the sides... Thats bad news I guesss Should I keep it in the aquarium, or isn't without any hope??

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

OfflineSalviaEngland
Omnipresence

Loc: Alternate Dimensions
    #824790 - 08/18/02 03:04 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

I had a look this morning on the top cutting, and small spots have appeared at the base, I guess its the roots!

Yes that will be the roots starting to form

In reply to:

The cutting without any nods has started to blacken on the sides... Thats bad news I guesss Should I keep it in the aquarium, or isn't without any hope??

I would get rid of it, but if you want to give it a chance - make sure it's got a separate source water then the other cuttings (otherwise the rot my spread to the other cuttings) and cut away any blackened areas on that cutting.

Once you have roots developing for a week or so you can then plant the cutting.

Note: In the past some other salvia D growers have not agreed with my growing methods, particularly in regard to high humidity growing, so you should try to obtain further advise and make your own decisions about how you are going to grow your plants.

--------------------

Cactus

Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Re: My salvia cuttings... [Re: SalviaEngland]
    #825313 - 08/18/02 11:50 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Well, then, I don't think it's worth keeping.. poor fellow... anyway the two other are doing fine, it very nice to see, I've fited that pump set, the humidity is about 75%, the leave are good green, the roots have grown... I just LOOOVE this plant...

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

Offlinessjwizard
Stranger
    #4610727 - 09/02/05 12:34 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

psylo by what means did you acquire the afore mentioned salvia cutting. ive had my mind to tissue culture some but i havnt gotten around to it. however a scource for a cutting would by far be more convient.

--------------------
All statments, Imagery, and Ideas contained therin any postings are meerly retold sotrys of fictional acts created by a figmant of the universe imagination.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Air Pump, Salvia, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden