Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I believe that I'm a Narcissist.
    #8214909 -

I really don't know how to react to this.


--------------------
Tune in, Freak out, Get Beaten.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I believe that I'm a Narcissist. [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #8214921 -

go fuck yourself :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I believe that I'm a Narcissist. [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #8214926 -

What's so wrong with liking yourself ? I think that's way better than having no self esteem and suicidal tendencies.

Edited by TypicalTripper (03/30/08 02:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I believe that I'm a Narcissist. [Re: TypicalTripper]
    #8214929 -

*loving

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I believe that I'm a Narcissist. [Re: TypicalTripper]
    #8214932 -

woops HAHA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I believe that I'm a Narcissist. [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #8214952 -

Eh, relax?
Knowing that you're awesome is a good thing, as long as you're not just deluded.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I believe that I'm a Narcissist. [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8214957 -

Well maybe you ARE awesome :P I mean some people are actually really awesome.. can they say they are ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I believe that I'm a Narcissist. [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #8214986 -

Who cares.  You might as well be your biggest fan.  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I believe that I'm a Narcissist. [Re: TypicalTripper]
    #8215007 -

I was reading the symptoms and they were all too familiar.

I can show no signs of empathy.

Somewhat low Self-Esteem which fucks with me cause I feel like I have to pretend I'm actually really confident.

Thinking I'm extremely important and unique

Wanting to be treated one way when I could give a fuck about anyone else.

There are definately a lot of people I care about and can show emotion too but most of the time I can't.


--------------------
Tune in, Freak out, Get Beaten.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I believe that I'm a Narcissist. [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #8215032 -

Alec_Baldwin said:
I was reading the symptoms and they were all too familiar.

I can show no signs of empathy.

Somewhat low Self-Esteem which fucks with me cause I feel like I have to pretend I'm actually really confident.

Thinking I'm extremely important and unique

Wanting to be treated one way when I could give a fuck about anyone else.

There are definately a lot of people I care about and can show emotion too but most of the time I can't.



Uh oh.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I believe that I'm a Narcissist. [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #8215034 -

Judging from the messages you left your daughter I would say you are.
Nah JK, I think everyone could be a little narcissistic once in a while. Some are just more fluent at it and do it more often. Others are just so meek youd never know how they think about themselves compared to how they think about you.
But unless your letting it really affect your loved ones and your own life I wouldnt worry about loving how perfect you are. Being happy with yourself is important.


--------------------
While driving my overpowered car around tight corners like a maniac all my friends yell out. Hey man slow down, we might Wreck. I reply, Shut up, I drive like Dale Earnhardt. They all look around at each other and laugh. Then one asks me. Hey wait, isnt he dead? Well yeah he is I said. Then I drive like Junior I mumble, while I promptly slow down.
"Everyday is opposite day. Everything I say is opposite of what you think I am saying. So if I say something and you think I mean one thing it is the opposite of what I am really trying to say. I actually mean another thing other than what you are thinking I am saying. Get it? Good because that's what I meant".
"You may defeat me, you may even destroy me, But you will never CONQUER me"!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I believe that I'm a Narcissist. [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #25823919 -

react positively
you advanced to a level where 99% of narcissists never get to
turning the spotlight on to yourself

its not an easy job for a narcissist to change
but the admitting that you are one is the most important step.
the wall is broken and you are free from it.
the hard work comes from changing your habits.
and realizing that you might find more empathy and sense that you thought you never had.
you might even become hypersensitive
start reading psychology
or better yet.
see a professional who will save you a lot of time in your journey (I never did, I got a deeper understanding but at a high cost of time)

you might even go to a level where you will be able to help others break free of that because they can relate to you. you were one of them lol.
anyway good job and react positively

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I believe that I'm a Narcissist. [Re: fuzzysig]
    #25823922 -

btw narcissism properly channeled could be a very positive thing just like adhd
meaning,the love of self can be used to challenge yourself to raise to much higher standards. for yourself and what you do for others.

what we call disorders are more of gifts where our abilities are channeled into one single thing.(not all of them obviously)

its like being extremely specialized in doing one thing while being unable to figure out how to use a microwave

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I believe that I'm a Narcissist. [Re: fuzzysig]
    #25824063 -

The only dangerous narcuissist is one with POLICY.

GOTTA BE FREE!!!!

Otherwise you get bit in the ass.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I believe that I'm a Narcissist. [Re: fuzzysig] * 1
    #25824098 -

OP may or may not get the message. He hasnt logged in 1 year and 9 months.

But u never know right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Do a staggering portion of youth today have narcissistic personality disorder? EternalCowabunga 2,504 14 10/24/07 02:44 PM
by moon_glue
* Post an interesting fact about yourself.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 27 28 )
Jenny 41,437 557 05/21/06 04:19 PM
by Gumby
* Would you consider yourself funny?
( 1 2 all )
Fliquid 1,932 32 09/22/05 03:09 PM
by tonygirl1983
* Recorded yourself while tripping? Rob_K 2,550 14 03/27/03 04:29 PM
by dee_N_ae
* Things that are important to you Gillette 708 10 10/08/04 03:17 PM
by stefan
* Import tripping music( older hippies reply please) rod 802 13 07/17/05 09:24 PM
by Vvellum
* when your talking to yourself MrBump 1,127 7 12/02/04 03:32 PM
by Vvellum
* Most important meal of the day Drink_Punk_Soda 738 6 04/18/05 09:13 PM
by Drink_Punk_Soda

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
936 topic views. 4 members, 342 guests and 143 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.