Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblescruffymafia
Dreamer

Loc: Wonderland
Seedlings
    #8185792 - 03/24/08 12:41 AM (16 years, 27 days ago)

My T. peruvianus seedlings are doing real well, but i want them outa the propagator so i can get some Kratom going.. Mmmmm.... Kratom..

The youngest are nearly 1 month old now. I dont have another flouro so i gotta put them in a area high in natural light.

Can someone tell me when is good time to start weaning them off fake light to real?

And does this area below (its a very bright area but the sun rarely if ever shines there) look alright to grow them or should they be in more direct sunlight? (they will be inside the aquarium with a mesh top to keep air moving and the vile cat out).

Cheers :laugh:

--------------------
This is the strangest life I've ever known.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Re: Seedlings [Re: scruffymafia]
    #8185962 - 03/24/08 02:55 AM (16 years, 27 days ago)

I can't tell you for sure since this is my first time growing PT also. Mine are about the same age as your. I just started moving them outside into the shade during the day and they seem to be doing well. I'm gonna slowly try and put them in the sun for about an hour a day and see how they do.

I think once they have turned green they can handle natural light much better. I made the mistake of moving one of my trays in the sun for 10 minutes when they were just emerging and still yellow and they started to burn really fast.

I have mine in small aluminum trays inside big plastic bags for humidity. The kratom seem to like the shade also by the way.

Thats a nice aquarium you have there. I have one just like it Except I use mine as a fruiting chamber for mushies.

I notice your from New Zealand. Are the lawn similar to Australia were you live? I thought Kratom and Salvia were illegal out there?

Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Re: Seedlings [Re: sturmer88]
    #8200022 - 03/27/08 03:39 AM (16 years, 24 days ago)

I have been keeping my Trichocereus seedlings that have have matured enough to gain their natural green color in the sun now most of the day. With no shade cloth and they seem to be doing fine. I'm still waiting on my Loph's and other Trichocereus trays to mature more before I try it with them.

I think now it's just a matter of slowly bringing down the humidity levels. and letting the soil dry out more between watering. At a month they haven't really gotten spines yet but I'm contemplating on grafting a few of them to my preskiopsis spathulata. I'd like to graft one Peruvianus and one Peyote.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck