Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

When is it illegal?
    #816742 - 08/14/02 06:27 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I have a few questions related to the "intent to cultivate" bullshit. i am assuming that in order to prove "intent to cultivate" the police must find evidence that you were attempting to grow mushrooms of the illegal variety. of course if you have detailed logs of your adventure, books or magazines related to growing illegal species, a record of visiting websites related to the growth of these species, or anything else of an incriminating nature then you are obviously fucked. But what if you just have a normal set up and you are busted at the mycelia growth stage?

A) can the police/feds tell the difference between the spores of psilocybin/cin containing spores and the spores of other species? can the police identify mushrooms by thier spores?

B) can the police identify a mushroom by it's mycelia? Do the mycelia contain psilocybin/cin or any other substance that would uniquely identify them as an illegal species.

It would seem that in the absence of any other incriminating evidence (a detailed confession, a copy of "Growing Illegal Mushrooms for Fun and Profit", etc.) these two things would be the only evidence that the police could use to differentiate a legal mushroom growing setup from an illegal one. without the illegal substance containing fruitbodies, mycelia(?), etc. all the vermiculite, brown rice, humidifiers, and rubbermaids in the world won't add up to a conviction.

thoughts?

Edited by Anonymous (08/16/02 07:03 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: When is it illegal? [Re: ]
    #822785 - 08/17/02 06:29 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

#1) The police are their just to gather evidence and keep you from tampering with it... It is up to scientists and the courts to decide if you are cultivateing.

If it gets to the point of the police getting involved they will confiscate EVERYTHING even the lint in your dryer as evidence and from their they let the professionals handle it... If it comes to this you can guareantee all questions will be answered and it will be up to your lawyer to do some tricks to make this information unknown to the courtroom...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Anonymous

Re: When is it illegal? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #823114 - 08/17/02 09:50 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

thank you for NOT answering the question...NEXT!

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#823138 - 08/17/02 10:01 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know how to answer your questions. I've seen alot of "if the mushrooms aren't fruiting they can't do anything" or "getting caught for magic mushrooms will just get you a slap on the wrist" or whatever. My feeling is it becomes illegal the day you decide you are going to grow magic mushrooms and then act towards that. Because obviously you are conspiring to commit an illegal act and conspiring is pretty much the same as doing it if it can be proven you were planning on it.......... Probably penalties vary from state to state and in some are alot more harsh then others. I'm kinda talking out of my ass here because I don't know much about laws .

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

#823725 - 08/17/02 03:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

>>>>>thank you for NOT answering the question...NEXT! <<<<<

Thats because thyyre dumb questions..
A) = No and No
B) = No and Yes, mycellium contains psilocybin.

No one can identify by eye mushrooms from spores or Mycellium.

My point is that it dont matter if they can identify it or not, if a cop sees your growing something they will recognize it as possibly illigal and they will confiscate it and arrest you. Then its up to labratory tests to determine what your growing.

If it turns out that your growing button mushrooms you MIGHT get an appology and some of your stuff returned but dont expect anything better than that...

--------------------
GabbaDj

Edited by GabbaDj (08/18/02 04:28 PM)

Anonymous

#826088 - 08/18/02 04:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Anonymous

#827914 - 08/19/02 11:55 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

GabbaDj: please don't post in this thread anymore. you are a fool. they're not "dumb questions", they're legitimate and you still haven't answered either of them.

In reply to:

My point is that it dont matter if they can identify it or not, if a cop sees your growing something they will recognize it as possibly illigal and they will confiscate it and arrest you. Then its up to labratory tests to determine what your growing.

I'm talking about the laboratory tests. can they differentiate between various species by spore or mycelia using laboratory techniques. don't be so presumptuous, and fuck off.

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

#828665 - 08/19/02 06:18 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

>>>>>don't be so presumptuous, and fuck off. <<<<<

Hahahah... Your gona make a verry sassy prision bitch some day...
Just read the answers given to you and use common sence.

--------------------
GabbaDj

Anonymous

#829934 - 08/20/02 10:16 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i thought i told you not to post here anymore? you need to laern hows to spel. somebody lock this thread for god's sake... it's an idiot magnet!

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #835659 - 08/22/02 11:45 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I really dont know for a fact myself, but I'll throw in my 2 cents...

a.) I'm sure that the scientists testing all the confiscated stuff could tell the difference between legal and illegal mushroom spores, but they wouldnt bother because the spores are legal.

b.) I doubt they can identify a species by the mycelia, but the mycelia does contain some amounts of psilocybin/cin. Turns blue when you handle it.

I've read that its really only illegal once you actuially grow the mushroom though. If its only mycelia, I'll bet any descent lawyer could get you off completely. It is different for every state though, and it depends on a lot of other stuff too.

(edit): Everything gabba said.

Edited by TeKHeAD009 (08/22/02 11:47 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

General Interest >> Science and Technology