Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
the Body project.
    #8164689 -

This past week I've been contemplating working on a project that projected the soundscape of my body. There's nothing more complex and rhythmic then our own body's and personally I think everyone's perception of there body's is unique, so I made the choice to begin work on some things. Trying to capture the real sound and feel of the element being painted.

The first part will be the bloodstream, I went for the effect of standing still, and feeling things of all kinds rush past you. The intro feels like you're being dropped right into the center of things, then begins to calm down. This is the first production of it, and will post updates as time goes on. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

*update*
here's it with a real heart beat;
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kuvz7p



--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Edited by snoot (03/22/08 09:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the Body project. [Re: snoot]
    #8164947 -

what's a blood stream without a pulse, I think as things progress I'm going to make a mix of all the parts blended together, as if you're taking a tour threw the body in sound, the nervous system, the psyche etc... :fireworship:;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lwexnj



*update*
here's it with a real heart beat;
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kuvz7p


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Edited by snoot (03/19/08 12:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the Body project. [Re: snoot]
    #8171735 -

Hola, I'm wondering if anyone out there has any gurgling sampls, or sounds that you're stomach makes when it is hungry. Hungrer pains, that distinct gurgle. I was thinking maybe making it synthed, but I think having the genuine sound would benefit me far more. I've got a lucious idea for the digestive system, that I began working on last night. I'll render what I've got so far when I get bck to my house. :boobs:


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the Body project. [Re: snoot]
    #8171742 -

I find the idea of putting the human body in musical form fascinating.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the Body project. [Re: MOTH]
    #8171755 -

As do I, and to the best of my knowledge no one has done anything quite like this. Which is a good thing for me, but honestly I think everyone has there own idea of what there body is to them, so I think each persons interpretation of there body via sound would be very different and very interesting.


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the Body project. [Re: snoot]
    #8181419 -

i read an article somewhere about some people using a super sensitive mic to record different functions of their body ( like the sound of blood rushing through veins, etc) and then built off of those things.

very cool :thumbup:


--------------------
Try to realise it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you


MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the Body project. [Re: x2and2makes5]
    #8181509 -

wow, can you find me that article please? What I'm doing is sort of more of an interpretation of the human body via sound, and soundscapes. From what I know I've never seen anyone else try anything like this, which is cool but it's kind of a bummer. To be honest, I'd almost like to see most musicians interpret there body in the form of rhythmic music. It would be a wildly unique experiment. I'm not holding back thouhg I'm putting every amount of time and energy into this project. I enjoy the feedback and comments so please dont hold back.


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the Body project. [Re: x2and2makes5]
    #8181515 -

The Human body can be a powerful musical instrument too.

And the proof is this song


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the Body project. [Re: Justice_Fish]
    #8181595 -

classic ~


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the Body project. [Re: snoot]
    #8182779 -

the article was in a magazine and its been a few years so i wouldnt even know where to begin, but heres an amazing (albeit strange) piece by Johnny Greenwood of Radiohead from his work for Bodysong



--------------------
Try to realise it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you


MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the Body project. [Re: snoot]
    #8183794 -

This is one of the most innovative concepts I've heard recently (reminds me heavily of the synth use in The Who's Baba Oriley) and if there's anything I can do, let me know


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the Body project. [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #8185620 -

here's a rough dub of me latest addition, I've been rather busy lately, every chance I get, I work on this a more and more.


the Digestive;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rphn7j


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the Body project. [Re: snoot]
    #8246942 -

skin

I've been very busy, after starting a new job. But I spent the past two day's playing around with the concept of skin in the form of sound. Its the first dub, more work needs to be done. I sorta rushed into it, the intro needs to be lighter, and more build starting extremely subtle, the idea is to be listening to a journey around our skin, and flowing around over all the curves and other array of other things that make up our skin. Things need to be tweaked heavily, more mastering needs to be done, and I need to rework some timing issues, and maybe remove some modulation.  :sip:


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A line-by-line interpretation of H.: half empty, half Devo plexus 1,950 12 09/18/03 10:27 AM
by Faaip_De_Oiad
* Sövnigt Sind: New online album with hypnotic soundscapes Gaia 667 2 02/19/09 04:09 PM
by Gaia
* Holgraphic soundscapes Hickory 546 7 11/23/05 10:23 AM
by Hickory
* Latest Sculpture Project BlueLemming 800 5 06/11/03 07:10 AM
by Cracka_X
* Jakob - NZ post rock/soundscapes Fler 633 2 04/24/08 06:56 PM
by AlteredAgain
* Palindrome concept Blastrid 830 12 05/20/03 03:53 PM
by Smack31
* Artist needs your help for upcoming project beejay 1,935 8 02/04/05 01:22 AM
by djurg
* 'Illustrative Music' Project HB 1,015 9 09/02/03 11:52 PM
by HB

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
912 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.