Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
space shuttle at night
    #8149434 -



--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: snoot]
    #8149442 -



--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: snoot]
    #8150114 -

Sweet. You sure the first one is a photo and not a 3d rendering? Looks like a rendering! Probably because of the bright constrasting light.


--------------------
Message me for Mushroom Tinctures
Lion's Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail, Chaga, Shiitake / Extracts / CBD Isolate, Oil
----
My Art, Design, Sculpture & Music:  http://www.conceptflow.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: ilus]
    #8152217 -

the shuttle pic looks rendered to me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8153670 -

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap080314.html

Explanation: Blasting into a dark night sky, the Space Shuttle Endeavour began its latest journey to orbit in the early morning hours of March 11. In this stunning picture following the launch, the glare from Endeavour's three main rocket engines and flanking solid fuel booster rockets illuminates the orbiter's tail section and the large, orange external fuel tank. Embarking on mission STS-123, Endeavour left Kennedy Space Center's pad 39A, ferrying a crew of seven astronauts to the International Space Station (ISS). The cargo included the first section of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency's Kibo laboratory and the Canadian Space Agency's two-armed robotic system. Astronauts will conduct a series of space walks to install the new equipment during the 16-day mission, the longest shuttle mission to the ISS.


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: snoot]
    #8154083 -

Wow, reality never ceases to amaze me.


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #8154230 -

well ill be damned. it really looks rendered. but i suppose it isnt :shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8154877 -

This is just an assumption, but I think that first shot was taken with an iMax 20megapixle camera.


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: snoot]
    #8155821 -



"Birds don't fly as high. Airplanes don't go as fast. The Statue of Liberty weighs less. No species other than human can even comprehend what is going on, nor could any human just a millennium ago. The launch of a rocket bound for space is an event that inspires awe and challenges description. The exhaust column pictured is from the Space Shuttle Endeavour after last week's night launch to visit the International Space Station. Endeavour's rocket engines create the dramatic glow from above the clouds. From a standing start, the two million kilogram rocket ship left to circle the Earth where the outside air is too thin to breathe and where there is little noticeable onboard gravity. Rockets bound for space are now launched from somewhere on Earth about once a week."


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Edited by snoot (03/17/08 12:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: snoot]
    #8155833 -

Beautiful. Best one yet.


--------------------
Message me for Mushroom Tinctures
Lion's Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail, Chaga, Shiitake / Extracts / CBD Isolate, Oil
----
My Art, Design, Sculpture & Music:  http://www.conceptflow.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: ilus]
    #8156152 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: 0xYg3n]
    #8156304 -

WOW.


W-O-W,



WOW.


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #8156369 -

night launches are so amazing.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8156810 -

Yeah they, I'd love to be strapped to that rocket. :laugh:


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: snoot]
    #8157368 -

It's a cool picture. But goddamn what an astronomically inefficient use of resources.. and such a primitive means of travel to boot.

Sorry to be the negative voice in this thread.. I don't mean to rain on your parades. I just can't wait for alien technology.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: Shroomism]
    #8157412 -

I agree, but there's only things to be learned from mistakes, personally I think the private sector will advance us farther in the space frontier.


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: snoot]
    #8157459 -

I agree. Let's just hope we're not stupid enough, to try and weaponize space.
Personally, I don't think our species is evolved enough yet to go exploring space, we don't deserve it. We can't even get along with each other. What makes us think we'll get along with the rest of the Universe and not try to kill them too?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: Shroomism]
    #8157477 -

Shroomism said:
I agree. Let's just hope we're not stupid enough, to try and weaponize space.



Too late.
Quote:
Personally, I don't think our species is evolved enough yet to go exploring space, we don't deserve it.




I'm glad it isn't your decision.
Quote:
We can't even get along with each other. What makes us think we'll get along with the rest of the Universe and not try to kill them too?




There is a huge difference between the Space Shuttle and exploring the Universe. We are in all likelihood hundreds or thousands of years from meaningful interstellar travel.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8157482 -

Maybe so. But the weaponization of space is a bad, dumb move.
I'm all for exploring the universe, in peace. But we're a long way off, we haven't even left our own solar system yet.
It's a good thing too. Because as a species, we are not ready. We need to get shit sorted out on Earth first. Our priorities are all fucked up.
Anyway, I don't mean to derail this thread. Good pictures. I'll take my extremo opinions somewhere else.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: space shuttle at night [Re: Shroomism]
    #8157492 -

wooow. These photos are incredible! I wanna go to space :sad:


--------------------
take another death trip on your cocaine line, then take a step into my psychedelic mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Destruction of Nature, Sacrifice for Human Exploration WScott 705 6 12/07/07 04:59 PM
by WScott
* Entheogenic Sound Explorers Fliquid 948 8 10/26/12 03:55 AM
by entheogenicsound
* Space Station Rigel - A Background ThreePieceSuit 1,030 6 02/26/07 04:44 PM
by ThreePieceSuit
* looking for some space themed music!
( 1 2 all )
SgtBob 2,892 20 08/16/05 04:35 PM
by BigBallZMaN
* Space Pus mjshroomer 648 2 09/27/04 10:28 AM
by mjshroomer
* "The Search of Infinite Space" Hubble and "Eloy" Silverwolf 507 2 10/16/05 10:03 PM
by Unity333
* Space has more room than one may think mjshroomer 706 4 07/28/06 07:54 PM
by eve69
* Space Coral at outpost 6 mjshroomer 733 3 11/13/02 12:54 AM
by mjshroomer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,731 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.