Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Yoga
    #8144549 -

Hey guys, I'm really interested in learning some yogaor Tai Chi. I can't decide if it would be better to learn off some sites/an ebook or if I should grab a DVD?

So I was hoping someone with a bit of experience could either tell me some good sites, or point me in the direction of a good beginners DVD.

Thanks!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga [Re: skin_]
    #8144600 -

I downloaded a yoga torrent for my girlfriend a few weeks ago you can find some at www.torrentpond.com.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga [Re: skin_]
    #8144627 -

skin_ said:
Hey guys, I'm really interested in learning some yogaor Tai Chi. I can't decide if it would be better to learn off some sites/an ebook or if I should grab a DVD?

Thanks!



They are about equal in quality to learn. Both are vastly inferior to being taught by a living and breathing human.

For one thing, a DVD won't correct your position when you're doing it wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga [Re: koppie]
    #8144653 -

koppie said:
skin_ said:
Hey guys, I'm really interested in learning some yogaor Tai Chi. I can't decide if it would be better to learn off some sites/an ebook or if I should grab a DVD?

Thanks!



They are about equal in quality to learn. Both are vastly inferior to being taught by a living and breathing human.

For one thing, a DVD won't correct your position when you're doing it wrong.



I totally agree, but sadly I don't have the funds [poor uni student]. I did a few free lessons early in the morning at a music festival, so I have a very basic idea already. I just want something to get me started. :smirk:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga [Re: skin_]
    #8144808 -

I know, yoga lessons can be damn expensive. I started out (after getting some real instruction when I was a little kid) with the series of asana in Be Here Now a book that is a good introduction for many things from yoga to meditation and many related topics, but no more than an introduction.
One book that I find to be very good is Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar. It's the no-nonsense hard work approach to yoga. Neither of those are free sadly.

If someone knows of good free online resources, I'd be interested as well. A clear description of each asana with illustrating video clips would be ideal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga [Re: koppie]
    #8145779 -

I kinda wanted to yoga, but have you seen some of those positions? I don't want to take a class b/c I would seriously accidentally fart.

in fact, I farted just now thinking about it.

true story.


--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga [Re: StonedShroom]
    #8146117 -

:grin: The trick is to do it quietly.

I have seen some of those positions. Some you can try, some you can only laugh at.

Example:



The mere thought of trying this makes my brain freeze up and only giggles escape my mouth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* bikram yoga
( 1 2 all )
Vvellum 2,462 24 04/12/05 02:51 AM
by Mindzpore
* Yoga oneducktwoducks 1,043 7 02/18/04 03:56 PM
by Help on the Way
* a yoga book *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
lukeboots 2,490 20 05/24/04 12:56 PM
by phi1618
* Introduction Plus a Question About Flashbacks
( 1 2 all )
TheFakeSunRa 3,091 22 03/02/05 07:29 PM
by chinacat72
* Introduction, myself, shrooms and all the things under my carpet
( 1 2 all )
kAAk 4,311 27 03/15/05 06:32 PM
by boO
* Kundalini Yoga BanJankri 1,087 7 12/16/05 03:04 PM
by leery11
* An introduction of myself to the Shroomies
( 1 2 all )
FreeLaws1_6 1,995 23 01/12/05 05:14 PM
by Ripple
* Introductions and Salutations! SoopaX 1,444 13 11/14/04 03:47 PM
by blackroselove

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
624 topic views. 3 members, 85 guests and 356 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.