Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: publicenemy1]
    #8132314 -

So you slept in them?  Man your eye looks fucked... it's making my eyes water just looking at that pic.

And to who said contacts are a scam, they are great if you want to wear normal sunglasses. Also if you're doing something physical and you fall there is a chance of your glasses poking your eye.  My glasses would irritate my nose and would cause headaches.  Contacts aren't a scam :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: Tangerines]
    #8133099 -

Tangerines said:
gENERIX said:
You dont have to wear glasses and look like a cock?



I wear glasses and don't look like a cock. Why do people hate on glasses? Contacts are such a fucking scam.



Because glasses get in the way, get bent, and get dirty. None of that shit with contacts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: Gumby]
    #8133149 -

I used to wear contacts in high school, but quit when I got into college. I liked them and all, but find I look better with glasses, unlike most people I guess. At least I got many more girls in college than high school. Not only that, they are a pain in the ass. I wore them for 5 years or so, now, after not wearing them for 5 or 6, i will never go back to them. They were just too uncomfortable, too much hassle at night and in the morning.

All this could be because I have horrible vision too, not just bad, but horrible. Even high quality lenses are a little thicker than most, but if i were to get polycarbonate or anything else, they would be like magnifying glasses.

Hopefully I will get up enough balls to get lasik when my bonus comes in next year.

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: supra]
    #8133353 -

Contacts are fucking awesome. Not to hate on anyone who wears glasses, but contacts are superior in nearly every way IMO.

I've been wearing them for like 7 years now. I've slept with them in quite a few times. The first time I slept with them in my eyes were horribly red, but now it doesn't bother me at all.

My eyesight is like 100/20 in both eyes, I'm blind as a fucking bat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: Innominate]
    #8134505 -

How are they Superior? Enlighten me on the ways of the contact. I know it sure as hell is more expensive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: Tangerines]
    #8134527 -

How? I pay like, 150 for 6 months of contacts.

I could easily spend 300 on a pair of frames...


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8134582 -

my glasses have lasted me over a year. :shrug:

I'm just being a jackass but really I donn't care how you guys make yourselves see better. It is what it is. Personal preference.

Both have pros and cons though, me thinks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: Tangerines]
    #8134685 -

It just comes down to personal preference. I agree, both have their pros and cons.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: Innominate]
    #8138014 -

I just got contacts the other day and i can say its probably one of the best fucking things i've done in a long while.

Aside from getting frusterated with putting them in these first couple days i have to say I am getting better... gradually.

i love having contacts.. even my peripherial (sp?) vision is up to date with my prescription and that is like a god send for me. i used to hate having blurry side vision.

i love being able to itch my face without sliding around my glasses.

glasses was a chore for me, i'd have to go monthly to have them repaired (i'm a fairly active person)

i can't even feel the contacts in, so it feels almost like i don't have anything "helping" me see. i love it.

i am still adjusting to the way i look without glasses but now i like the way i look with glasses and without so thats a plus. (used to just be without)

at night driving is better too because with blurry side vision it makes you feel like there is only one direction. forward.
but now i can see my surroundings and thats better for me too (my job requires a lot of driving)

i feel a lot more outgoing and better about myself,
there aren't a LOT of cons for me.

90 bucks? that was really worth it.
plus he said they're like 100 dollars for an entire year supply?
i mean come on. 90 dollars base fee plus 100 dollars every year? thats nothing really.

(i have the monthly ones and they are soft and comfortable)

this girl i know has them aswell. she got some kind of ulcer in her eye from leaving them in for too long but says the occassional sleeping with them in doesnt hurt (i will ask my dr about this on monday when i go back)

idk but if you want it, i really recommend it.


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Edited by igwna (03/12/08 05:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I need help from all the contact wearing potheads
( 1 2 all )
clemens 2,852 25 01/21/08 02:11 PM
by Tangerines
* Contact Lenses Gumby 2,194 14 05/25/07 07:58 PM
by TheEnd
* I lost one of my contacts and it was my only one left MOTH 3,226 17 07/13/05 06:13 PM
by TinTree
* UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
DeadHearts 5,151 93 09/27/10 03:42 PM
by Space Elf
* Broke my glasses! Trying to get used to contacts
( 1 2 all )
Gumby 1,341 20 07/27/10 05:23 PM
by twighead
* I hate looking at the computer wearing Contact Lenses Your Destination 1,167 10 01/09/10 10:55 PM
by igwna
* Crazy Contact Lenses Jrsxt 1,234 15 10/21/08 04:34 PM
by Gumby
* Buying contacts online MOTH 519 3 05/19/09 04:12 PM
by Madtowntripper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,306 topic views. 10 members, 24 guests and 89 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.