Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
contacts, on the eyes!
    #8127272 -

so i got contacts this morning.

they told me to keep them in 4 hours today
6 tomorrow
10 the next day
and so on.

do you think i could leave them in longer than 4 today?
i mean.. why really is it only 4 hours?


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: igwna]
    #8127309 -

leave it on for 4

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: igwna]
    #8127326 -

I've always worn mine all day even on the first day. I think they just tell you that do you get used to them but if they are already comfortable I don't see the problem.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: Stizzle]
    #8127351 -

ya they never told me that..

but i got mine a long long time ago..

acuvue advance w hydraclear is the best deal (comfort + price) out there..

at least for my eyes.. they get dry easy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: im_on_a_boat]
    #8127370 -

okay im gonna leave them on and i'll take them off tonight..

i dont see how it could be a real problem personally. maybe i'll take them out later and put them back in


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: igwna]
    #8127441 -

You'll be fine, they just say that for comfort reasons.

If they don't hurt you, keep them in. They're already fitted for the curve of your eyes, you don't need to slowly break them in or anything.

Enjoy them, and putting them in will get easier with practice.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8127748 -

yeah putting them in took me 30 minutes the first time and then second time it took me like 2.

thanks!

i will enjoy them! :grin:


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: igwna]
    #8127750 -

The first time is so hard!

But after that you realize what you have to do and it's tons easier.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8128037 -

yah, nothing like the first time putting contacts in. You see the lens coming up and all you want to do is close your eyes. After a while it becomes second nature, i don't even think twice about it.

The reason they ask you to stagger the lens use is to allow your eyes time to adjust to the lenses. If you start getting a headache take em out and let your eyes rest.


--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)



Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: coda]
    #8131372 -

yeah i wore them for awhile and i felt alright. went to the movies which was a little much i think for the first day.

when i got home i felt great, like i didnt even want to take them out.

but today before class i oculdng get them in  :frown:
after twenty minutes i gave up and left (i was already late)

when i got home i spent 40 minutes learning to put them in again and i think i know how to do it now.. a little bit easier.


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: igwna]
    #8131681 -

Its always a nightmare trying to get the hang of putting in contacts when you first get them. You eventually stop blinking everytime you touch your eyes.

I wouldnt worry too much about taking your contacts out after 4 hours of use on your first day. A good friend of mine used to keep daily contacts in for weeks straight and never seemed to have any problems.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: igwna]
    #8131687 -

What is the point of contacts besides being a more expensive, wasteful way to increase eye sight?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: Tangerines]
    #8131691 -

You dont have to wear glasses and look like a cock?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: igwna]
    #8131696 -

are they hard or soft?

if they're soft I don't see the point.

I used to have to wear hard contacts. Those effin hurt. I love my new soft ones. plus they're disposable, FTW!


--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: Tangerines]
    #8131706 -

Glasses don't look that great, plus it feels fucking great to reach up where your glasses would be and they aren't there. Plus, no lens smudges to worry about, you can see clearly everywhere not just where the lens is in front of your eye. Contacts are great, I love my week long disposables.


--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: gENERIX]
    #8131707 -

gENERIX said:
You dont have to wear glasses and look like a cock?



I wear glasses and don't look like a cock. Why do people hate on glasses? Contacts are such a fucking scam.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: igwna]
    #8131716 -

skcorrelyt said:
but today before class i oculdng get them in  :frown:
after twenty minutes i gave up and left (i was already late)

when i got home i spent 40 minutes learning to put them in again and i think i know how to do it now.. a little bit easier.



:lol:

luckily I got contacts when I was still in Jr High, so I can just pop em in.

I got soft contacts and they're harder to get in. At least to me... the first couple weeks I had soft contacts It spent like 5 minutes getting them in. (doesn't seem that long, but I'm used to getting them in like 2 seconds). my roomie said he all he could hear in the mornings was "OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE" from my bathroom. :lol:


--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: StonedShroom]
    #8131784 -

Yah, I've had my soft disposable for a year or so now. But every once in awhile they will give me a hard time and I have to yell "WHAT THE FUCK, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8131881 -

I liked my contacts but my eyes were sensitive to them. thank god for lasik.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: contacts, on the eyes! [Re: gENERIX]
    #8132110 -

gENERIX said:
I wouldnt worry too much about taking your contacts out after 4 hours of use on your first day. A good friend of mine used to keep daily contacts in for weeks straight and never seemed to have any problems.



Yeah... about that. that's not too healthy for the eyes. I was doing that but I ended up getting a corneal ulcer with a bacterial infection... it's not pleasant. i was up for four days straight because i had to put in three different eye drops and anitbiotics every hour. it's not worth it to just leave them in. if you use them responsibly there's no problems... i was an idiot. Now i wear glasses but i will proably get lasik in the future.



--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I need help from all the contact wearing potheads
( 1 2 all )
clemens 2,852 25 01/21/08 02:11 PM
by Tangerines
* Contact Lenses Gumby 2,194 14 05/25/07 07:58 PM
by TheEnd
* I lost one of my contacts and it was my only one left MOTH 3,226 17 07/13/05 06:13 PM
by TinTree
* UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
DeadHearts 5,151 93 09/27/10 03:42 PM
by Space Elf
* Broke my glasses! Trying to get used to contacts
( 1 2 all )
Gumby 1,341 20 07/27/10 05:23 PM
by twighead
* I hate looking at the computer wearing Contact Lenses Your Destination 1,167 10 01/09/10 10:55 PM
by igwna
* Crazy Contact Lenses Jrsxt 1,234 15 10/21/08 04:34 PM
by Gumby
* Buying contacts online MOTH 519 3 05/19/09 04:12 PM
by Madtowntripper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,306 topic views. 4 members, 81 guests and 164 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.