Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Re: shrooms in northren ontario
    #81067 - 02/12/00 08:02 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

shroomster, if you send me a one gram sample , I would be more than happy to analyze them and run some tests for you to help the identification process go a little smoother for you.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

#81069 - 02/12/00 10:35 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Why would you eat a mushroom when you didn't know what it was? Was this a mushroom you found in the wild or that you bought from someone? If you bought it from someone, it's very likely to be Psilocybe cubensis. If you find a mushroom, don't eat it unless you know what it is!! Mushrooms don't grow here in Ontario this time of year. I have only seen one living mushroom in the last 3 months. I was really suprised to see it but it was most likely a Galerina, a deadly poisonous mushroom which is one reason you shouldn't eat what you find unless you know for sure what it is!
There are a few types of mushrooms that grow here in Ontario but you probably won't find any mushrooms until the fall. I haven't found any here at all. Here are some types that grow here, buy a book and look at pictures and descriptions of them: Psilocybe caerulipes, Amanita muscaria, Gymnopilus spectabilis, Libery Caps and a few others that I can't remember right now. Just buy a book (or get one from your library) and it should say where each type of mushroom grows.
Good luck, and let me know if you find anything. Also look at a topic in this forum called "what state and country has psilocybin mushrooms" or something like that...

"When you're high you never, ever want to come down"- Welcome to the Jungle, by Guns n' Roses

#81070 - 02/08/01 02:10 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hey NewShroomer,

Where in Ontario do you live. I live in Toronto, are there any places to go hunt for shrooms around here? If so, would you be willing to join me?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification