Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
ditalini & meatball soup
    #8099292 -




simply scrumptious.


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Edited by snoot (03/03/08 07:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ditalini & meatball soup [Re: snoot]
    #8099307 -

looks tasty!:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ditalini & meatball soup [Re: biggysmall]
    #8100028 -

Indeed that does look tasty :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ditalini & meatball soup [Re: snoot]
    #8100296 -

Looks good but how the hell do you make it :wtf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ditalini & meatball soup [Re: snoot]
    #8101325 -

Yea, I'm gettin' sick and tired of these threads about specific dishes, with no recipe to accompany them!  :crankey:
Quit being such a tease - sharing is caring!


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ditalini & meatball soup [Re: geokills]
    #8102759 -

hhe, sorry. I'll write this out real quick. First I started to sweat some aromatics, which was some shallots, red onions, red bell peppers, some orange bell peppers, a generous grip of garlic, nicely mashed up, started to work that in some delicious olive oil & butter, then seasoned it with some black pepper, salt, rubbed sage, oregonal, basil, thyme, chives and 2 turkish bay leaves,. Once those are nice and happy, de-glaze that with some red wine vinegar, then go ahead and throw in some stewed tomato's, a bit of tomato sauce, a some beef broth, a splash of IPA. I had eaten some italian prime beef from this italian pub earlier in the day, and it came with this italian cole slaw, which had celery/olives/variety of peppers/carrots/capers all drenched in oil and seasonings, its absolutely fantastic, so I threw a good amount of that stuff in there, then I added the balls of meat, which were frozen from the deli, I didnt make them up myself, then once that reduces I add a generous handful of parmesan cheese, let that melt and reduce for awhile. Finally I'll garnish with some fresh scallions and chives and some more parm cheese on top. For some reason I feel like I'm missing something from here, but Im pretty sure I touched everything that made this dish possible. If I remember something I'll be sure to add it.


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Grandma's Italian red sauce ShroomismM 577 2 05/30/15 06:57 PM
by Shroomism
* Mom's Delicious Meatballs Hobozen 541 5 01/27/13 06:56 AM
by Yrat
* Polenta Pie w/ Italian Beef GabbaDj 559 2 12/22/08 05:15 PM
by TrancedShroom
* garlic-parmesan dip starseed 573 0 03/08/08 05:01 PM
by starseed
* Easy Italian with Stonesun (Chicken Parmesan and Tiramisu) stonesun 1,066 5 03/15/10 12:15 AM
by karode13
* Home-Made Italian Sauce Generations Old! Maverick 1,754 14 11/27/09 07:36 AM
by dstark
* White Bean and Kale Soup new! improved! yogabunnyM 1,003 8 10/20/10 08:15 AM
by yogabunny
* soup/stew time!!!! yogabunnyM 844 4 12/01/09 04:43 PM
by SampaJasli

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, geokills, feevers
982 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.