Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Tangerines]
    #8101529 -

Tangerines said:
Good point. At least he does not throw a veil over his true self whenever engaged with the media. :shrug:




Yeah, a veil or a mask or makeup...wait a minute.


--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil
 
- Thomas Paine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Tangerines]
    #8101530 -

What part of what he said do all of you hippies find so offensive?

All he said was that...

1) He doesn't hate gay people.
2) He doesn't believe that welfare works now, but should instead create jobs.
3) He has Conservative views on foreign policy that are shared by 50& of the United States population.

I mean, goddamn.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8101540 -

he should be put to sleep.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8101545 -

For what? Not liking drug dealers?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8101546 -

Madtowntripper said:
What part of what he said do all of you hippies find so offensive?




I can find 3 posts in this thread that suggest even that they find what he said even moderately offensive, and that includes OP.

Did you forget to read


--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: sam420]
    #8101583 -

because he's obnoxious and thinks he is better than people that have less money than him and that their opinions are worthless.

he has sold his soul for money. then he talks about work like he has ever done it.

he wants to play world police and doesn't do any of his own thinking about the war.

his ego is through the roof. plus he's an idiot.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8101603 -

Quote:
"Hell, no. I'm too rich to care. People give me a hard time for being a ruthless businessman but these are the kinds of people who cut my grass and take out my trash. I, meanwhile, am deliriously happy."



That's the quote that gets under my skin the most. He's another wealthy individual who wants to take advantage of his financial position to keep the working man working for him. He admits he's a ruthless businessman in order that he can keep himself on top.

And there's nothing terribly wrong with that I don't suppose as it simply stems from the primal, instinctual drive of self preservation so I'm not exactly angry at him but at the system of human evolution and money and power in general I suppose.

...and through the course of typing this out I have forgotten my point... I'll smoke another bowl while I try to remember it, hehe.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8101638 -

b0red5tiff said:
because he's obnoxious and thinks he is better than people that have less money than him and that their opinions are worthless.

he has sold his soul for money. then he talks about work like he has ever done it.

he wants to play world police and doesn't do any of his own thinking about the war.

his ego is through the roof. plus he's an idiot.



It sounds like someone thinks their view of how world works is the only one that could even conceivably be true.

Whose ego is huge?


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8101656 -

Madtowntripper said:
What part of what he said do all of you hippies find so offensive?



"I want to Rock n' Roll all night and party every day"

I hate that song :mad:


--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil
 
- Thomas Paine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8101668 -

Madtowntripper said:
b0red5tiff said:
because he's obnoxious and thinks he is better than people that have less money than him and that their opinions are worthless.

he has sold his soul for money. then he talks about work like he has ever done it.

he wants to play world police and doesn't do any of his own thinking about the war.

his ego is through the roof. plus he's an idiot.



It sounds like someone thinks their view of how world works is the only one that could even conceivably be true.

Whose ego is huge?



yours?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8101676 -

b0red5tiff said:
because he's obnoxious and thinks he is better than people that have less money than him and that their opinions are worthless.

he has sold his soul for money. then he talks about work like he has ever done it.

his ego is through the roof. plus he's an idiot.



Arrogance isn't a crime punishable by death.  You say he doesn't work, but his ass is on the line.  RISK.  Donald trump was walking into one of his buildings and walked passed a homeless man and said, "He is $800,000,000.00 richer than I am."  Because risk.  Risk makes you ruthless, because it can be gone tomorrow.


I'm not defending the guy as much as I'm promoting the concept of risk and the mindset of businessmen.  :shrug: 

I actually like that he's straight up and doesn't care to sugarcoat himself for the approval of others.  It's admirable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8101677 -

he sounds like a rich pompous dipshit to me. are you really that surprised? i sure as hell am not.

and his music blows too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Cowgold]
    #8101735 -

Cowgold said:
I actually like that he's straight up and doesn't care to sugarcoat himself for the approval of others. It's admirable.



QFT

If half of the people bitching was worth as much as Mr Simmons is.......they would have the same kind of attitude.
The man DID work for his money and is entitled to his opinion just like every other American.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #8101737 -

Sounds like the kind of person i wouldn't get along with. And if conservative means staying in iraq for a terrorist hunt, then i suppose traditional conservatism has really lost its ways. I can blame new media for that. Anyway, I think his view on that is a little skewed.

He has a right to say whatever he wants, but i'd likely take a baseball bat to his teeth if given a reason. Good thing i will never meet him.


--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Edited by (03/04/08 02:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: anyone420]
    #8101748 -

anyone420 said:
i'd likely take a baseball bat to his teeth if given a reason. Good thing i will never meet him.



shit, hope I never meet you


--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: sam420]
    #8101775 -

He highlights the main differences between conservatives and liberals. Conservatives vote for themselves, liberals vote for society.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8101808 -

I think that most people who aren't rich get offended when rich people talk about how awesome it is being rich.  The non-rich people make statements all the time like, eh I don't care about being rich.  Come the fuck on, youd all fucking love to be rich.  Ive come to terms with money a while ago, meaning I know Id like to be wealthy.  I plan on making a few attempts at it before settling into some normal job. 

However I could never be him, I could never sell my name like its a box of rice-a-roni,Id find it to absurd and ridiculous. Id never be able to walk around in public knowing how much Id sold my name to corporatism. But he doesn't seem to care, so eh whatever.  Im basically going to make a few attempts at technology startups, hopefully something pans out, if not then what can you do :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: TheCow]
    #8101897 -

I'm not a teeth smashing madman, i just defend myself in painfully creative ways.

TheCow: Theres a difference between "i don't care about being rich" and "i'm happy with not being rich".

The way i see it, if i become rich thats cool, but if i don't i wont lose sleep over it. And i sure as hell would not become a gene simmons if i was. I wouldn't be transformed into an elitist asshole with a golden life size model of myself up my ass, i would have the same outlook on life, with a humble lifestyle, and lets be honest, a lot more drugs. I would use money to pursue my personal interests, and look after my friends. It would be more of a safety net than a exploitable device.


--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8101917 -

I can't say I've ever had any respect for Gene Simmons or his shitty arse band.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ridiculous interview with gene simmons [Re: Cowgold]
    #8102242 -

Cowgold said:
"Yes, I've been with Shannon for 25 years but I refuse to get married because I think it's a sham. For one thing, men are poorly designed for monogamy. We tend to be promiscuous. It's biological. Women manufacture one or two eggs a month, during which time the male of the species manufactures 10 billion sperm!

"This tells you that the Bible is correct and a man was designed to 'spread thy seed.' So if I sleep with a lot of women, just think of me as doing the Lord's work."

:rofl:



I never thought about it like that before.


--------------------
Nothing I say is meant to be taken seriously.
-Krystal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Scientists find Extraterrestrial genes in Human DNA
( 1 2 all )
Rahie 7,524 37 01/17/07 12:11 PM
by trippindad82
* Burzum Interview Ravus 1,809 9 05/15/05 06:31 PM
by faslimy
* Phluck - The Only Official, Authorized Interview
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 3,227 32 10/16/05 10:28 PM
by Acidic_Sloth
* Roadkill - An Interview With Worth
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 3,434 20 03/24/05 09:56 PM
by ToolTroll
* Richard Simmons StrandedVoyager 785 8 08/15/07 07:22 AM
by Apollyphelion
* The April 2005 Interview with non other than Shroomism...
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 6,451 34 04/05/05 10:58 AM
by In(di)go
* Interview with David Icke
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 4,451 23 12/05/04 11:26 PM
by Vvellum
* Gonzo preacher Dr. Gene Scott has died Jellric 2,201 2 03/28/05 10:30 PM
by Jellric

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,752 topic views. 6 members, 62 guests and 313 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.