Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Illinois
    #81000 - 02/08/00 07:54 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

EzD- I'm replying to your post just so you have at least *one* person's response...

...because that's all you'll get here on the Hunting forum. I live one state east of you and have searched all over this forum for info and posted a couple times... found zero info, other than some old posts from other people in this area asking...

I have *anecdotal* reports from an honest, albeit not mushroom-educated, friend of mine who lived down near N. Albany... he says a friend of his came down from Michigan several years ago to search the cow pastures and went home with a trash bag full of shrooms.

I don't know whether to believe that or not, but with mushroom hunting being such a pleasant excuse for a walk anyway, I'm sure I'll be out searching perhaps in the spring, definitely in the fall.

If you read ID books, they all claim that dung-loving types don't exist around here... but if you read any of Stamet's stuff, he often makes the argument for how fast magic mushrooms have spread since the late 60's, expanding their "natural" habitat simply because they are transported and cultivated in so many new geographic locations all the time... and because mushrooms adapt quickly to new environments.

So it's not impossible that they could've spread to this area... (fingers crossed).

The thread below, "Countries and States with..." has a bit of info on this area, but the post is so super long, it's hard to locate... Mushroom John claims that Pan. Papillionus (or something like that) can be found around here, but all accounts I've read of that shroom in ID books claims that it isn't an active hallucinogen.

I've often wished someone would at least post something like "well, I don't think shrooms grow where you are, BUT, if I were you and were determined to look, HERE'S when and where I would try in your area..." But everyone's super busy, I understand that.

So I guess in our situation, it's time to be pioneers... and maybe even report to Mushroom John the first ever cubensis (or whatever) in the Midwest!

So when spring rolls around, get out there and look on a warm day after some rain.

GT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEzD
    #81002 - 02/09/00 10:21 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

thank you for replying that is just the kind of info i was looking for

Anonymous

#81003 - 02/09/00 08:13 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

No problem. I wish I could be more helpful. Believe me, I wish I could be A LOT more helpful :smile:

Another anecdotal tidbit... a couple months back people were discussing potency of outdoors vs. indoors shrooms, and Ryche Hawk (one of the big dogs here) said in passing that his best trip ever was on shrooms picked outdoors, and guess what? He was told they had been picked in Indiana!

Once again, who knows whether to believe it... but it's encouraging at the very least.

GT

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #81004 - 02/09/00 03:02 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

There was a post answered by mj way back when (actually a few of them), about shrooms in ill inois. Your chances of finding magicmushrooms in the wild where you are really aren't that good,,, ok ill be honest now, your chances of finding them completely suck. There is however One species that has been found in your state (I'm native to IL too) that is magic. I don't know what it's called or anything about it (your gonna have to search back about a hundred days ago in this forum), I would assume that it isn't a very common or easily identifiable mushroom. However, this doesn't mean you can't experience the joys of finding mushrooms outdoors. When I was little tike I remember finding Morels and kicking them as hard as I could like a football player or something (ahh the good ol' days). Hundreds of mushroom species grow in that God awful state. Good Luck.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #81005 - 02/10/00 12:53 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hi, th3e only species recognixed from Illinois is Pluteus salicinus, a few variations of Gymnopilus and a lone report of someone who collected Psilocybe cubensis (14 shrooms) in Cairo, Illinois.

Now Panaeolus papilionaceus is probnably a synonym for Panaeolus subbalteatus. It is not the mushroom described by Stamets,, who has written one of the best Psilocybian guidebooks ever, albeit, he has added many shrooms which are related to psychoactive species yet are not really psychoactive, some of the Panaeolus and all the Stropharia's except P. cubensis which he describes as Psilocybe.

Good luck. Maybe some libs in Norther Illinois. IT is possibnle. Because they aree in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Northern Michigan to New York.

Mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom