Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
question about the nintendo Wii
    #8088340 -

is it true that you can collect all the old super nintendo games on a few discs and play them on the wii?


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: question about the nintendo Wii [Re: imachavel]
    #8088343 -

I haven't heard this. You can put them all on a large sized SD card after downloading from the virtual console, but they only work on the wii you download them onto.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: question about the nintendo Wii [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #8088369 -

you can purchase virtual console games that store on your hard drive or an sd card (as mentioned). They don't have the whole library available though. It may be possible to play snes ROM's on a modded wii but im not too sure on that.l


--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)



Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: question about the nintendo Wii [Re: coda]
    #8088378 -

coda said:
you can purchase virtual console games that store on your hard drive or an sd card (as mentioned). They don't have the whole library available though. It may be possible to play snes ROM's on a modded wii but im not too sure on that.l



i had them all on a rom, but somehow the configuration for the controller fucked up. I had all the games i wanted exept for some reason super star wars 2 wasn't on there, and that was the best one. None the less, damn, i had a lot of games, like one hundred games, final fantasy 3, super donkey kong country, f-zero, even that old game shadow runner. DAMN, THAT SUCKS, HUH?


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: question about the nintendo Wii [Re: imachavel]
    #8088613 -

If the controller is all that fucked up, why not get a new one?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: question about the nintendo Wii [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8088617 -

Re-calibrate it maybe, or put in new batteries. You might be able to get it sent in for repairs if it's not your fault.

*EDIT: But I guess most VC games use the traditional/Gamecube controllers.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Edited by Acaterpillar (03/01/08 01:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: question about the Nintendo Wii [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #8090719 -

First as said already, you can get some(but not all) old nes,snes,64's, etc. off of the virtual console and save to a sd card. They add new games every once and awhile. Some games you won't ever see there because Nintendo has sold the rights to, such as final fantasy series. Secondly, if you "mod" your wii, one of two things WILL happen, one: when your wii goes to update, it will pick up on the "mod" and disable certain features, two: when your wii updates, the company can fry your system making it a $250 paper weight. The second thing happened to my brother-in-law and he's "supposed" to know what he was doing.(He's a computer programmer)Before his system fried, he had copied a bunch of games to disk and was able to play most of them but then he fucked up and allowed his wii to update. That's when it got fried.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: question about the nintendo Wii [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8090860 -

Entropymancer said:
If the controller is all that fucked up, why not get a new one?



i tried everything, i changed the batteries, i think i even replaced the controller. i checked the calibration, i went through the computer, all types of shit. The fucked up thing is that the zsnes rom system lost the ability to use the controller, really sucks, huh?

what am i gonna do? call rom support? roms are illegal as fuck, although it's not like nintendo is losing any money considering they don't give a fuck about the games, or else nintendo and all the old companies would've remade ALL those games for another sytem by now. And you wouldn't have to go through all this crap.

I think it'd be bad if, you could own a wii or gamecube and play all the old nintendo games.


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: question about the nintendo Wii [Re: imachavel]
    #8091183 -

word dust took out all my old systems years ago so now i just have cartridges sittin around with batteries in em waitin to be replaced(lithium ug)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: question about the nintendo Wii [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #8091254 -

Rabidbaboon said:
*EDIT: But I guess most VC games use the traditional/Gamecube controllers.



actually most VC games are designed w/ the classic controller in mind, but you can use a GCN controller for all of them too.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* XBOX 360, PS3, Nintendo Revolution
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
bf6 9,947 96 09/26/05 10:22 PM
by sh0e
* Nintendo > Sony
( 1 2 all )
HELLA_TIGHT 2,832 26 05/09/05 01:19 PM
by MAIA
* the whole wii thing
( 1 2 all )
KingOftheThing 1,816 20 11/28/06 05:10 AM
by druqs
* Nintendo Wii
( 1 2 all )
danlennon3 3,713 32 11/20/06 11:07 PM
by learning_byte
* Nintendo Wii
( 1 2 3 4 all )
DarkFluFFy 6,954 71 05/18/06 01:54 AM
by HeadTripVertigo
* hooked up the old 8-bit nintendo last night.
( 1 2 all )
MrBump 4,179 39 09/27/04 09:18 PM
by StonedShroom
* Anyone play Gamecube? RipVanWinkle 597 8 05/11/09 02:05 PM
by RipVanWinkle
* Duck Hunt 2 on Wii
( 1 2 3 all )
KingOftheThing 3,774 47 05/11/06 02:55 PM
by theuser

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,297 topic views. 3 members, 254 guests and 84 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.