Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Microscope, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesonofshroomz
whore

shroom bag??
    #808905 - 08/10/02 01:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

at shamanshop.com they are selling a shroom bag were all u do is inject the spores and let em grow. i was wondering do they ship to the u.s? and do they bring it to the door or leave it in the mailbox.(im underage so need to know). and do i need to buy a syringe?

or shud i just try growing my own the harder way?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: shroom bag?? [Re: sonofshroomz]
    #808917 - 08/10/02 01:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i dont think they sell em to minors. i could be wrong though since they're for microscope perposes only.

Anonymous

Re: shroom bag?? [Re: ]
    #808940 - 08/10/02 02:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i got started with the pf tek for less than 30$. i got some of the stuff for free though.

Invisibleblitz
RIP "Ripper" akaBrandon
    #808979 - 08/10/02 02:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

grow bags arent too great... and you apparently have done slim to none research on growing mushrooms (since then you would probably also know about sporeworks, etc. that sell grow bags).

some people seem to liek the grow bags, but I see them as almost pointless. I mean, I guess it's as good as any pre-sterilized substrate... but not to omuch more then that (not to mention, the shrooms that do grow in those bags always seem to be mostly weird shaped and deformed)

Growing it youself is more practical, but if oyu just want a very small amount to grow, pretty much for fun, or to get you started into growing... a grow bag may be someone of a reasonable idea.

Oh, and not to be an asshole or anything, and the question doesnt need to be answered, but.... How old are you? I'm simply asking that because I'm a minor too, and well, I obviously know any shipment out of the US is going to be delivered to the door, not the mailbox (seeing how the mail box is only used by the USPS.... which I personally have never seen any company outside of the US ship threw... and I'm not even sure if USPS ships from other countries)

And if your worried about being caught that way.... either, its not a good idea to grow or you should ship it somewhere else.. or, of course, make sure you order from a place that gives a tracking number.

--------------------
"The universe works whether or not you understand it" - Frank Zappa

-blitz

OfflineDaMigraine
Beats so hard itrequiresprotection
Loc: New Hampshire
    #808994 - 08/10/02 03:01 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If you are planning on getting one... Buy it from www.sporeworks.com. They sell it a bit cheaper and you can get spores too (obviously!). Myco-bags are good if you just want to start off small, or if you want to lower your risk of contamination.

Also, they work alot better if you let them colonize and case them afterwards with 50/50+ or just straight verm. Remember not to fondle the bag too much after it starts to colonize.

--------------------
I keep my posts like a bikini bottom, long enough to cover the subject... short enough to keep it interesting.

Offlinesonofshroomz
whore

#809114 - 08/10/02 03:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

aliright i was looking at the mycogrow bag. and was wondering about incoulation.(sorry bout spelling) and i wanted to be sure that when i buy a syringe its full of spores already. and how does air get into the bag. i noticed after the injections when the bag started to grow the foam disc was at the top of the bag. did they turn it upside down?

OfflineH2L
who?
    #809505 - 08/10/02 07:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, the myco-bags from sporeworks are great! Very very simple, their shipping is super fast. My Cat Injected 4 bags with the Treasure Coast Strain. 15days later All 4 bags are nearly 100% colonized. No Contams! So what if the mushroom looks funky, still does its purpose correct? And for touching bag after it starts to colonize, you want to break it up a little to help the growth(at around 20-30%). Avg. of 14g's dried per bag after all flushs with the TC strain. If my kitty could hug, im betting he'd hug the guys at sporeworks!

--------------------
Everything Stated In The Above Post Was All For My Cat, Yes My Cat, I Dont Touch The Stuff! :wink:

OfflineH2L
who?
Re: shroom bag?? [Re: H2L]
    #809510 - 08/10/02 07:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Oh and i dont really aprove on anyone underage growing this stuff since im betting you dont live in your own house. So its not your ass fully on the line now is it.. just my 2 cents.

--------------------
Everything Stated In The Above Post Was All For My Cat, Yes My Cat, I Dont Touch The Stuff! :wink:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Microscope, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation