Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
garlic and ginger tea * 1
    #8084568 -

i started out drinking grean tea, then started adding ginger to my green tea, then just ginger tea, then i started adding honey to it.

today i made some ginger tea with a clove of garlic in it, and when it was done added the honey.

it tastes fucking awesome.

boil water, add ginger, depending on what kind of flavor you want, change the heat and the soaking time. a long time at high heat will taste rooty, low heat and short time and you just get the clasic ginger flavor.
5 minutes before the ginger is done add a clove of garlic cut in half (first cup i tried i mistakenly used 3 cloves for a single cup of tea, it overpowered everything else).

doesn't need alot of honey. just enough for the ginger taste to magically turn into honey taste at the end of a sip.

next time it snows i think for a treat i'm going to add some garlic to butter tea and see how it comes out.


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: garlic and ginger tea [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8084798 -

When I'm sick I do ginger, garlic, peppermint, rosehip, honey, lemon tea... mmm. The garlic is actually a suprisingly nice element.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: garlic and ginger tea [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8088096 -

it tastes fucking awesome.

Ha, yes it does, just had some, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Spiced Berry White Tea [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8088698 -

That does sound good, I need to get in the habit of keepin' some ginger root around!

Whipped this one up tonight:
  • Spiced Berry White Tea :hangovershades:

    Brew Berry flavored White Tea with Water (any fruity or black tea will do)
    Add splashes of Brandy (1 part) and Amaretto almond liquor (1/2 part).
    Add 1 tbsp Honey, mix into hot tea, top with Whipped Cream.
 


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spiced Berry White Tea [Re: geokills]
    #8091813 -

a little tip for ginger used in tea, is to freeze the root, when you want to make tea, take it out and grate how much you want. when it is frozen it grates MUCH easier than regularly.

ill def. have to try the garlic clove in with it. i love tea, and i love garlic, i cant believe i havent thought of trying it before!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spiced Berry White Tea [Re: geokills]
    #8095263 -

geokills said:
That does sound good, I need to get in the habit of keepin' some ginger root around!

Whipped this one up tonight:
  • Spiced Berry White Tea :hangovershades:

    Brew Berry flavored White Tea with Water (any fruity or black tea will do)
    Add splashes of Brandy (1 part) and Amaretto almond liquor (1/2 part).
    Add 1 tbsp Honey, mix into hot tea, top with Whipped Cream.
 



that sounds really good. You drink that hot? or cold? I think it would be delicious either way, btw you can flavor tea simply for instance blueberry's are ez to good to flavor tea with, by just squeezing one berry just to break it open a bit and drop it in the cup before you add water. I think it adds more aroma then flavor, but the flavor is there regardless.


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: garlic and ginger tea [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #8095492 -

ginger, garlic, peppermint, rosehip, honey, lemon tea... mmm.

This is mmm, didn't have any rose hips,

drinking some decaf green with brandy, honey, Angostura and dried elderberries, tastes like bubblegum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spiced Berry White Tea [Re: snoot]
    #8101320 -

I drink it hot.  Kind of like hot chocolate, but in tea form... and with booze! :laugh:


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spiced Berry White Tea [Re: geokills]
    #8118487 -

im gonna yak


--------------------
coda said:
imachavel, Man you really need to do some reading, the amount of bullshit you put into almost every single one of your posts is absolutely astounding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spiced Barry White Tea [Re: flavoraid]
    #8118583 -

Spiced Barry White tea sounds delicious. You'd need a huge pot to make it though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: garlic and ginger tea [Re: truekimbo2]
    #21217183 -

Thought of this thread a couple of days ago, when I had some garlic ginger turmeric tea. 

Here's the roots I'm adding to tea now, turmeric, ginger, white turmeric and best of all galangal.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: garlic and ginger tea [Re: falcon]
    #21335438 -

Back when I would make fresh mushroom tea, I'd add in ginger and honey and sometimes garlic. Normally I add those three things to whatever tea I'm drinking, but it's only when I've come down with a cold that I drink it by itself.

I'll have to try turmeric tea one of these days. Never heard of galangal so I'm off to google that, now


--------------------
:feelsgoodgurl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mushroom Chai Tea recipe madam_bomb 4,451 1 06/03/06 02:34 AM
by Jfisher
* Hot Tea Toddy! LeftyBurnz 1,029 8 12/14/07 09:07 PM
by Nibin
* Tea Recipes? kadakuda 3,855 16 03/31/07 10:13 AM
by kadakuda
* Shroom tea and other herbs 2shroomqueens 3,165 5 12/17/07 06:01 PM
by snoot
* Garlic TheCow 1,272 8 04/16/06 01:48 AM
by endlesswinter77
* My "Too much Garlic" Pasta LiquidSmoke 3,351 18 11/30/09 12:07 PM
by snoot
* Ghetto Garlic Bread Sammy 2,280 7 10/22/04 12:43 PM
by OrangeVWCamper
* Easy Garlic Spread Zero7a1 1,260 2 04/25/04 08:46 PM
by psilocybinjunkie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, geokills, feevers
2,405 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.