Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemadam_bomb
Stranger
Mushroom Chai Tea recipe
    #5703736 - 06/02/06 01:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

So, there is a recipe on the site that basically just adds ground up mushrooms to hot water.

Blech!!

I thought I would share a recipe that was prepared for 25+ people and kept everyone going for hours and hours and hours.

Chai Mushroom Tea
----------------------------

Ingredients:
5-7 cinnamon sticks (depending upon length but must be sticks, no powder)
15-30 black peppercorns (depending on spicy preference)
5-7 cloves (use sparingly as they can overwhelm even the largest pot of tea)
8-12 cardamom seeds (must use the whole seed pod with the seeds inside, not just the little seeds)
1 big head of ginger root (depending upon spicy preference)
1 gallon of water
Mushrooms (amount you add depends upon how much tea your making and how many people are enjoying the tea)

1. Get large stock pot, put water in and set to high heat.
2. Meanwhile, prepare your ingredients. Skin the ginger and slice into 1/8" rounds. Crack the cardamom seeds and put aside.
3. Once water has reached a boil, add all dry ingredients except mushrooms.
4. Reduce heat to medium or so and cover for 30 minutes.
5. Take lid off for another 30 minutes or so. (Yes, it takes a long time to infuse the spices, but it's worth it. For the best chai, you would cook this for about four hours, so if you have time, start early. You can even prepare the chai (sans shrooms) the previous day as this will keep for a long time. We have chai on the stove for the entire winter, adding water every now and then, but making new batches as it becomes weak).
6. Now you have chai tea. You can stop here or add mushroom powder (we have even added just crumbled mushrooms) to the mix and cook for a few more minutes, but not too high.
7. Add honey or sugar and milk to taste. The dose depends upon how much water you're left with, how many people are partaking, etc. so do the math.

Note: The balance of spices really depends upon quality of ingredients, amount of water and personal taste. If you like ginger, add a lot, if you like it even spicier, add more black peppercorns. Never add too many cloves though, just a few are enough.

Also, just so you know, this chai tea bares very little relation to that sickly sweet crap Starbucks sells. Chai just means tea, not corn syrup.

Have fun!!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJfisher
fungusaficionado
 User Gallery

Loc: Sealand
Re: Mushroom Chai Tea recipe [Re: madam_bomb]
    #5706580 - 06/03/06 04:34 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I thought of making a mushroom version of the "sickly sweet crap" long ago, but never did anything about it.  I do enjoy authentic chai, but the instant powder version has a special place in my heart :laugh:

Nice recipe!

--------------------
Any information written above is purely fictional.
Any images do not belong to the owner of this account.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing