Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Sigur Ros at Bonnaroo
    #7989683 -

I saw that Sigur Ros is playing at Bonnaroo but they don't seem to be touring anywhere else. Does anyone know what's going on with them? I can't seem to find anything on their website or anywhere.


--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros at Bonnaroo [Re: Plok]
    #7989750 -

they got a sweet new DVD out, thats all about I know

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros at Bonnaroo [Re: Plok]
    #7989786 -

why does everyone seem to like this band? they're so boring.


--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros at Bonnaroo [Re: Merkin]
    #7989934 -

Depth. They aren't technical, but they're complex in their depth.

I didn't get them or any other post-rock band until pretty recently. I just started leaving them on for background while I read. It didn't take long before I had to stop reading and go "Wow, this is really good stuff."

Sigur Ros is completely different than most everything. If you bore easily, you'll hate them. I can relate; I used to be the same way. You've just got to leave them on and let them grow on you. There's no hook or catch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros at Bonnaroo [Re: Blend]
    #7990403 -

actually there was this one Sigur Ros song that I loved. I think i downloaded it from their web site.


--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros at Bonnaroo [Re: Merkin]
    #7990574 -

I despise these bands with huge followings dropping one date at a goddamned festival.
Seems sell-outish to me.
They're sacrificing intimacy, solidarity and, in many cases, sonic quality just to make an easier, bigger dollar on a huge crowd.
OTOH, they are gaining exposure to otherwise ignorant crowds. That makes the festival worthwhile. I'm just in disagreement with the single festival date appearance... I'm looking at you, Portishead.

It's crazy, i guess, that I would drive the miles and drop the dollars to see the same band, alone, in the same city but the festival aspect is a complete turn-off.

Just to clarify, I have no issue with bands touring and including a festival or 5 in their dates. It's the jokers who come out of the woodwork for a single appearance and decide to pull it out at a festival that gripe me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Sigur Ros tonight! OneMoreRobot3021 873 12 06/17/08 12:03 AM
by MOTH
* Sigur Ros
( 1 2 all )
markofthebeast 1,084 22 02/21/10 03:08 PM
by Nymphaea
* Sigur Ros bryguy27007 746 10 10/06/08 05:30 PM
by Complex
* Sigur Ros on Conan Obrien tonight phalloidin 862 8 02/09/06 06:20 AM
by bobjones
* Sigur Ros Plok 594 6 02/10/05 04:32 PM
by 40oz
* New Sigur Ros letsmakekill 534 4 10/18/07 04:14 PM
by MiddleFinger
* dxm and sigur ros JCoke 403 3 02/21/10 03:43 PM
by awesomebastard
* Sigur Ros OneMoreRobot3021 475 2 08/20/04 01:07 PM
by PuZuZu

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
575 topic views. 3 members, 17 guests and 64 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.