Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
DVDRip
    #7922616 -

I posted this in the tech forum, but its way to slow to bother in there...sooooo

This may be too simple of a question for some of you,

But I downloaded some DVDRip's of some movies, successfully.

However, when I open the folder, there are three files, Front cover, Rear Cover and a very large windows media file that considers itself a video clip..

Not a dvd, not a menu, just a blank sound and a visualizer.

Any suggestions?


--------------------
PM me reading suggestions, I might just take you up on your offer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: wwonka]
    #7922669 -

whats the file extension? it could have menus and stuff and you just arent opening it right

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: relativexistance]
    #7922708 -

xvid video codec.


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #7922719 -

I'll give that a shot, thanks Makaveli8x8


--------------------
PM me reading suggestions, I might just take you up on your offer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: wwonka]
    #7922744 -

also look for media player classic, i "think" it has some codec's built in, its the only thing i use


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: wwonka]
    #7922801 -

Download the K-Lite codec pack. You can't go wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: wwonka]
    #7922805 -

www.GOMplayer.com use this it will play every single file format.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: TurntableJunky]
    #7922813 -

I thought VLC was the standard..

Always works. K lite is great too and ac3 codec..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: Legoulash]
    #7922941 -

vlc is very small, very lite, and plays fucking everything. i stand by it to the end.

granted, i haven't used gom, but i couldn't be happier with vlc so i see no reason to get rid of a good thing.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #7923085 -

Yeah, I agree with using VLC. It has even played corrupted files for me that nothing else would.

VLC is awesome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: Bandersnatch]
    #7925392 -

Thanks to you all, I downloaded some uber codec at free-codecs.com and all issues have been resolved.

Tak tak


--------------------
PM me reading suggestions, I might just take you up on your offer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: wwonka]
    #7925434 -

fuck codecs. just go download a media player called "VLC media player" it will solve the problem.


--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: mycopsycho]
    #7925525 -

Don't listen to this guy ^

Maybe he's thinking of VLC bundled with the k-lite codec pack


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: Ferris]
    #7925540 -

no actually im thinking of bare bones VLC. it works great for me. i never have to dl anything to get avi./mkv./kvcd etc. etc. to play right.


--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: Ferris]
    #7925547 -

no, he's thinking of VLC. it requires no external codecs. plays everything i've thrown at it, including iso, avi, hdtv avi, mkv, wmv. NO EXTERNAL CODECS REQUIRED. it's fucking idiot proof.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #7925550 -

tiny_rabid_birds said:
no, he's thinking of VLC. it requires no external codecs. plays everything i've thrown at it, including iso, avi, hdtv avi, mkv, wmv. NO EXTERNAL CODECS REQUIRED. it's fucking idiot proof.



thank you for the vouch kind sir.


--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVDRip [Re: mycopsycho]
    #7925560 -

I don't know why I'm arguing, I'm using VLC right now


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* dvdrip help. zee007 311 7 04/10/13 07:44 AM
by Soulidarity
* external hard drive with xbox 360
( 1 2 all )
Artnotwar 2,251 24 01/15/09 06:38 PM
by D4NK
* Codecs iluan 872 9 10/11/04 03:09 PM
by barfightlard
* trying to watch video , error downloading codec , help please? DistortedEyes 788 5 06/14/08 02:52 PM
by beneath
* Codec? john314314 340 4 01/14/11 10:04 PM
by JesusGoneRogue
* Google releases VP8 codec - titles it WebM frith 346 3 05/19/10 11:55 PM
by frith
* Codec Pack Download URL? theuser 467 2 12/25/05 09:14 PM
by theuser
* WMP 11 Codecs bort 283 2 01/14/09 02:51 PM
by RandomHero

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
729 topic views. 7 members, 201 guests and 297 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.