Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
EXCLUSIVE: Cp[e;andia Chlorocystis, a History
    #787810 - 07/31/02 07:04 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

By special request this took me a few hours of scanning and rescanning to get them the right size, then grayscale them so the bytes would shrink without the text shrinking.

So here is the history of this mushroom from Florida frm my late friend Rolf Singer and my friend Bob Weeks, whom I had the pleasure of shrooming with in Florida in 1979.

So I hope they post this time. Tried four times and had to reshrink the images.

so here goes. Again I just had to shriink the picture. Hope it can be readable.

Page 2:

Sorry but this is fucked. I am spending too much time trying to post this paper and I have other things to do. I have them down to 200 pixels or so and they are too big too post so sorry this is not going to get posted for now.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecdogandursa
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Cp[e;andia Chlorocystis, a History [Re: mjshroomer]
    #788591 - 07/31/02 01:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"HA ha" -- Nelson

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Copelandia chlorocystis, a History [Re: mjshroomer]
    #788747 - 07/31/02 03:23 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

hmmm.. Where does he get all those wonderful papers?

-TThat was in reference to the first Batman movie, when the Joker is envious of Batmans superhero gadgets.

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Cp[e;andia Chlorocystis, a History [Re: cdogandursa]
    #788748 - 07/31/02 03:24 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"I am spending too much time trying to post this paper and I have other things to do."

Well i dont have other things to do at the moment so i will decode what i can. --- means i couldnt read it and (?) means i think thats what it sais. MJ just correct whats wrong....

A New Psilocybian Species of Copelandia
R. A?old Wekks(?)
---------- 47 Street, Miami Florida 33175
Institnto Nacienal de Pesquises de Amezonia, Caixa Postal 478, 69000, Mamaws, Amazonas, Brazil and Field Museum of National History, Chicargo, Illinois
And
William Lee Hearn(?)

Department of Pharmacology, University of Miami School of Medicine,
Miami, Florida

Abstract.- Copelaudia(?) chlorocystis sp. Nor. Is described, and a key to the known species of this genus included. Psilocybin and psilocin were isolated from the new species by dry column chromatography, and the presence of baeocystin was indicated.
Urea was detected by analytical ---.

Cerebral mycetism from members of the Panaecoloideac has been recorded as early as 1916 (1) but was largely ignored until 1958 when Hofmann el al.(?) isolated psilocybin and psilocin as the psychoactive principles of Psilocybe mexicana Heim, one of the ?sacred mushrooms? of Mexico (2-5). Psilocybin and psilocin have since been detected in numerous species of Psilocybe, Panaeolina, Panacolus, Copelendia, Conocybe, Pholiotina and Gymnopilus (6,7). Context blueing is a frequent indicator of psilocybin-psilocin and producing species in certain of these genera (8,9). Observations of context blueing in specimens of a previously unidentified panacoloid(?) collected during studies of the mycoflora of South Florida prompted a more detailed investigation of this collection. Psilocybin, psilocin, and urea were detected in a dried carpophores of the material by analytical --- against reference standards: identification of psilocybin and psilocin was confirmed by isolation through the use of dry column chromatography (dee). Spectral data (uv, ms) were recorded ? the constituents isolated.
On the basis of its characteristics colored metuloid(?) cystidia(?), blueing context; and other characteristics, the collection is considered to be a new species of Copelaudia. It differs from known species of this genus in the deep green apical color of the metuloids, in the combination of relatively smaller spores borne on two-spores basidia --ching a basal(?) clamp, and in other characteristics. For this species were propose:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pileu isabelline to pale cinnamon or yellowish brown in the center and white or, at least in maturity, grayish on the margin but turning buff on drying. Appearing slightly whitish, streaked over the outer third or two thirds of the radius

Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Anonymous

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Cp[e;andia Chlorocystis, a History [Re: Fd3000]
    #788793 - 07/31/02 03:47 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Cp[e;andia Chlorocystis, a History [Re: ]
    #789317 - 07/31/02 07:27 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

There are actually six pages. I scaned them and tried to post them they were too large so I shrunk them and coullnt read them so ai rescanned them a second, third and forth time. Maby this weekend I can get the rest to post..

mj

Need someoen to show me how to scan text correctly on my canoscan 4000

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #789381 - 07/31/02 08:24 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Try to use some OCR software that usually comes with scanners.

Anonymous

#789711 - 08/01/02 03:32 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #791243 - 08/01/02 05:10 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

MJ... when you save the scanned picture, save them as .jpg and when photoshop brings up that little thing asking you about quality, put it on 7 or 8, that should keep them under 100k.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Trusted Identifier
    #791777 - 08/02/02 01:07 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

A tip: put a black sheet of paper on top of the page you have to scan, this way the letters from the other side won?t shine through.
Also this will make the image smaller, since there will be much less details in the picture.
If the pictures are still too big, you can post them on your webpage and either link to the page, or link to the pictures by putting the pictures up here using the [image] URL [/image] tags.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder