Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
jars not starting growth (during incubation)
    #788424 -

i did the pf method of verm/brown rice flour in about 10 jars. i boiled to sterilize, and injected with P.C. Cambodia from The Hawk's eye.

I put the jars in a cabinet and they have been sitting about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks now. Upon examination, a few of them have some small growth around the injection sites (maybe 1-2cm across), and that's about it.

Am I just too anxious, or does this sound wrong? Most FAQ's I've read seem to indicate they should take over the whole jar in 3-4 weeks, and at just about 2 weeks I'm seeing next to nothing.

Anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: jars not starting growth (during incubation) [Re: rando]
    #788430 -

Incubation/colonization times can vary depending upon MANY variables. BE PATIENT!! Good things come to those who wait. Could take 3-4 MONTHS to fully colonize your jars.

I hate PF Tek! Too damn slow!


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: jars not starting growth (during incubation) [Re: TM]
    #788438 -

I find that this helps my jars. I place a heating pad underneath the jars and then put a pillowcase (or other cover) over them and leave them alone for a short while.


--------------------
i apologize if i aide in the spreading of any misinformation

"Adventavit asinus,
Pulcher et fortissimus"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: jars not starting growth (during incubation) [Re: TM]
    #788440 -

Be patient. I had a jar with no growth for 2 -3 weeks. Then all of the sudden I got a big patch of mycelium. just wait. (:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: jars not starting growth (during incubation) [Re: Alice_In_Chains]
    #789271 -

Ok, thanks, that's what I wanted to hear. I'll just give it time.

It's about 76-78 degrees in the cabinet they are in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: jars not starting growth (during incubation) [Re: rando]
    #789297 -

i would try to uo the temp a little more, should be around 80-85. if you have no way of duing this say by buliding a simple incubator, just try to use a heating pad like recomended. Good luck!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: jars not starting growth (during incubation) [Re: Darkmoon]
    #789557 -

I had some slow starting colonization with Cambodian spores from T.H.E. as well, but they did end up colonizing after a while. I think they are just slow starters.


--------------------
"Every picture hods a tale.
Every shade tells of a thousand words.
The artistry of living chaos is
pictured in the poets tears.
The final concept
Is all but a thought away. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: What is the best way to heat your jars during growth time? Anonymous 2,269 14 01/04/00 02:44 AM
by Booger
* Jar Position in Incubator cgrossoman 599 1 03/08/02 05:01 PM
by pleezr
* bluhoney Start to finish tek bluhoney 6,252 13 04/05/02 10:20 AM
by SouthernGent
* cakes to dry while incubating???? StainBlue 568 1 04/28/02 05:39 AM
by WebMycelium
* Air exchange during incubation quest. MAIA 831 2 12/19/01 08:13 AM
by psilocyber
* Growth time for Treasure Coast??? Catzeye 3,749 4 11/08/01 10:38 PM
by Catzeye
* Re: Starting the magical process of cultivation Anonymous 1,158 7 04/06/00 11:30 AM
by Anonymous
* incubation tempature? the corporation 910 2 06/27/01 08:08 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,216 topic views. 30 members, 245 guests and 159 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.