Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator
    #786120 - 07/30/02 10:02 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Other Drugs [Re: ]
    #786235 - 07/30/02 11:08 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Um, so what's your suggestion?

--------------------
Namaste.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #786302 - 07/30/02 11:43 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #786525 - 07/30/02 01:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

> No suggestion really. Just working on my posting and writing skills I suppose.

LoL!

The O.D. Forum concerns me at times too, but there some good, knowledgeable, people there, and some good information does surface above all the static.

I think anyone there, who is really interested in the subject, will eventually get good information from qualified people, but you are right, there are a lot of threads about ill-advised ways to get high.

I occasionally go there and try to post my two-cents on things, but there are an awful lot of these kind of questions:

1) Q: Can I make Ecstasy out of Crack using a microwave?
2) Q: I found some Datura, should I take it?
3) Q: Can I grind up pills and slam them?

However, the above sorts of questions, show a clear need for the OD Forum, and some of the more thoughtful answers contained there:

1) A: No, and chronic abuse of these substances can lead to long-term depression...
2) A: No, not a good idea for the following reasons...
3) A: No, your circulatory system is not a digestive system...

Yes, the OD Forum is disturbing, at times, but I think it really helps keep some kids from doing dangerous things, by providing them with feedback for their questions.

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Other Drugs [Re: Papaver]
    #786551 - 07/30/02 02:08 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Perhaps you would want to write a OD faq?

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Other Drugs [Re: Anno]
    #786585 - 07/30/02 02:34 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

> Perhaps you would want to write a OD faq?

Maybe there should be an OD FAQ! Lord knows, there?s tons of dangerous misinformation out there, and some of these kids need real answers to their questions.

Something like that could end up being a huge never-ending project though, and should have some of the more experienced Shroomerite ODers contribute their opinions and advice. However, this could become a huge decision by committee type-of-thing with an amazing amount of politics.

I would like to contribute to such a project, but it would beyond the scope of my knowledge, and should include the experience and knowledge of others. Krendle and Phluck are the mods there, maybe they could organize such a venture and solicit and organize contributions.

I?m not sure, I?m just blue skying it, here?

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Papaver]
    #786607 - 07/30/02 02:48 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#786657 - 07/30/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, "Other Drugs" is a huge topic, which covers everything from huffing paint to slamming heroin. We certainly have enough good info in the thread history, but it would need to be compiled.

It could also become highly politicized, as it will be subject to differing personal opinions amongst the experts. After all, this is not "rocket science." It?s "brain science," an area which is still largely a mystery to the scientific community.

Still, I agree with both you and Anno, that something could, and perhaps should, be done to help educate people. One question, I have is, how do we make them look at the FAQ or Outside Resources first?

This may seem corny, but perhaps a general philosophical statement should be crafted. Something along the lines of?

"Drugs are as safe or dangerous as you make them. Some drugs are more dangerous than others, but ALL drugs carry risk. Ask questions, and thoroughly research any drug before ingesting it. Be safe!"

--------------------

Anonymous

#786730 - 07/30/02 03:57 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#786831 - 07/30/02 04:56 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

> Why would we have to have them look at the faq first? The FAQ would be at the top of the forum and other users would direct them there.

Yes, that makes sense!

> Another thing i was going to suggest is that OD be made for only the discussion of non addictive drugs, but then i noticed in its description it says all non mushroom hallucinogens. So 90 percent of its threads are already off topic.

Addiction itself can be hard to define, as there is not just physical addiction (a complex issue), but psychological habituation, as well. Therefor, the definition of what drug is addictive or not, could become philosophical sideshow to the main purpose of the forum -- drug education.

Also, the discussion of "bad" drugs, which we may never want to try, or no longer use, is still good to keep others from making a potential mistake, through open discussion and dialog.

> I think your philosophical statement is a good idea too.

Thanks. It seems kind of corny, in its obviousness, but it may make someone think.

--------------------

Anonymous

#786851 - 07/30/02 05:05 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#786909 - 07/30/02 05:34 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

> it 's just that all other aspects of the shroomery seem to be about enlightenment, mind expansion, growth, personal development, or whatever, and then OD is like a bunch of kids on there way to ODing themselves

That a pretty good argument for some of us spending more time there than we do. I know I haven't hung there very much. Perhaps, I should go there more, and state my views and experience, for what it's worth...

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #787156 - 07/30/02 07:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I like what Ladle suggested.

I will go ahead and create the faq with those categories. Who would like to contriibute and pass some of his knowledge for this?

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#787171 - 07/30/02 07:59 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I?ll contribute. I think this is something important!

I?m not sure what the best way to categorize things would be. It?s a really big topic, and could get quite complex, but here are some possibilities?

Hallucinogens
Speed & Cocaine
Opiates
Tranquilizers and Depressants
Inhalants
Plants

There could also be a section of delivery mechanisms. The pros and cons of things like injection, snorting, smoking, etc?

--------------------

Anonymous

#787512 - 07/31/02 02:36 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: ]
    #787519 - 07/31/02 02:41 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #787541 - 07/31/02 03:09 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I wanted to make a few of you be able to edit the FAQ, but somehow it doesn?t let me to create additional users... a bug in the script probably.

I contacted the company that offers and maintains it, I hope this will be solved in the next couple of days...

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #787916 - 07/31/02 08:03 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Id love to contribute. I spend most of my time in the OD forum trying to dispell myths, and help people make good decisions on using drugs, plus Ive got tons of experience with many drugs.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Remy]
    #788562 - 07/31/02 01:34 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#789097 - 07/31/02 05:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think the CIPRO thread was a joke from a newly registered sock, but I have no way to confirm this...

I find the "Datura" threads a little more disturbing, as it is apparent that some kids actually want to try this stuff, and clearly don't understand either the dangers or that it will be a very unpleasant experience most of the time.

Opiates are another issue that I feel strongly about. I have a LOT of serious junk experience, and regret none of it, but I think people should know that it ultimately becomes a life-style of pain and suffering for most people, and that if romantic suffering for your art isn't your bag, then you should stay away, or at least tread very lightly.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies