Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Equador or Puerto Rican?
    #779344 -

Well I'm new to mushroom growing so I'm planning a pf tek totally by the book. I have decided to grow either the Equador or Puerto Rican because I hear they are good for beginners, and are decent in quality. Is one of these better than the other? Would it be a big deal if I grew them both?(they would have to fruit in the same chamber.)
I know this is a wide open question, but is there an average dry weight that a cake puts out? I'm trying to figure out how many cakes to start for my use, and then a bunch more in case I contaminate some. (I'm new so I'm just going to count on the fact that there will be contaminated cakes, best to be prepared I guess.)
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

"To Hell with opportunity, I create opportunity"------- Bruce Lee


--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?


:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Equador or Puerto Rican? [Re: Magash]
    #779362 -

I'd start out with EQ's... They are alot less forgiving than the PR's...

--happygrins

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Equador or Puerto Rican? [Re: happygrins]
    #779381 -

Don't you mean a lot more forgiving than PRs?

Yes I would also suggest Ecuador for starters. They also make for a pretty pretty mushroom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Equador or Puerto Rican? [Re: Magash]
    #779382 -

Ecuadors are all around better!
better trip potentcy and yeild.
Go with them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Equador or Puerto Rican? [Re: Magash]
    #779384 -

hey buddy,

I would grow both. They are both great strains that you will enjoy.

Don't try to do too many your first time there is still alot to learn little grass hopper. when you get the hang of thing than try. to grow more.

best of luck

DaBeerLover

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Equador or Puerto Rican? [Re: DaBeerLover]
    #779386 -

remeber to make spore prints.

DaBeerLover

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Equador or Puerto Rican? [Re: Magash]
    #779437 -

High,

I had great experiences with Eq. Both growing and .......
There are very nice looking shrooms. My first love!!!
If you work by the book I guess nothing can go wrong with contams.
But you never no.

I wish you all the luck with your cultivation!!!.
And remember next to the book you need patiance too


--------------------
"Millions of years of evolution just to .... light up a joint"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Equador or Puerto Rican? [Re: Magash]
    #779452 -

watch out for those eqs!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Equador or Puerto Rican? [Re: Magash]
    #779460 -

eqs are easy and beautiful mushrooms


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Equador or Puerto Rican? [Re: Magash]
    #779805 -

Thanks for all the advise. I wil focus my attention an the EQs then. I heard that the PRs were the more potent mushroom. Now I know thats not the case. After having read the "Why is pf tek recommended for newbies" thread I have to figure out which method is really more fool proof.


--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?


:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Equador or Puerto Rican? [Re: Magash]
    #779846 -

Ecuadors are great shrooms in deed!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Help with.. Puerto Rican, Pink Buffalo and Ecuador AreA 2,264 2 04/07/02 05:11 AM
by thebiggerfig
* Has anyone else had trouble getting Puerto Ricans to pin? Genibus 3,619 18 01/08/16 02:54 AM
by Mad Season
* Puerto Rican Germination Success Story doubledutch 2,018 2 10/17/05 11:50 PM
by jarroddupont
* Crazy Puerto Ricans is 75% Colonized in 6-7 Days!!
( 1 2 3 all )
Tumbz 10,045 52 10/08/04 05:45 PM
by george castanza
* is Puerto Rican mycelium this fluffy? mushroommango 936 2 04/25/18 09:20 PM
by mushrume man
* Puerto Rican cubes question UnKnownFunGUY 593 1 09/20/14 06:11 PM
by cronicr
* Puerto Rican Spore Growth
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Fodo 6,121 102 01/21/15 10:43 AM
by taGyo
* Check out this flush of Puerto Ricans! 6 lbs. wet. (Update! Trip Report)
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Wronguy 21,855 97 06/29/05 08:28 PM
by littleharoldeh

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,461 topic views. 19 members, 334 guests and 190 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.