Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemanmoutainmurphy
Stranger
Thumbs up for Captain Max
    #776871 - 07/25/02 08:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

And I mean that. Back around the first of this month, sent in to Sporelab for a six pack order (that's what it sounds like, 6 syringes). Then I emailed to the Captain, asked for a confirm on recieving the order, and a heads up on the package beeing sent. Got both, so I decided to stake out the post office. And waited.

And waited. And waited. Nothing showed. Now, rather then throwing a hissy fit, I decided to give things a bit of time "(Patience, my young Jedi apprentice...all things come in their time, and you will need great patience if you wish to consult the Force through the mysterious powers of the mushroom magic." "Yeah yeah, I get all that Obi Wan, now can I borrow your light saber? Mine is acting skitzy again, I need to get into this freaking post office box, the evil Sith Lord has made off with my key, and I want those spore NOW!!!")

Where was I...oh yeah, patience. Well, given what the Canadian Post Office can be like ( I've got experience, unfortunately), decided to let things slide for two weeks.

Two weeks came, two weeks went. No package, no spores, dust on my pressure cooker, lonely jars waiting to be filled, boohoohoo...

So I sends a polite email to the Captain at the Sporelab, asking wazzup with my order.

The Cap emailed me back within a couple of hours, apologising for the delay. He remembered sending the package out, there'd been some hangup with another order sent out at the same time to roughly the same geograpic area, he'd look up the tracking number, yadyadayada.

Next day, I get another email from the Sporelab, informing me that the tracking number is missing, so a new package is going to be put together and do I still want to use the last address. Well, I guess I gibbered something into the computer, what ended up being sent as a reply was pretty incoherent (no more nicey nice for this silicone bitch, she glitched on me).

Got another email from the Captain with a big ??? writen all over it. And it informed me, the package was mailed that morning, so look for it before the end of the week.

Two days. And today I got 6 LOVELY syringes, with naked eye visable specks and little clumps of spores.

Looks like, if I wasn't so mellow, and contacted the Cap, I wouldn't have waited as long as I did. Me bad, my fault, next time I'll whine sooner.

But from the looks of things, gotta give Captain Max and the Sporelab a big thumbs up. No attemting to weasal around a problem, no wait-another-two-weeks-and-then-we'll-talk. They apologised, made good, and did it fast.

Even better, from a business involvemennt point of view. In the first contact, when I was just ordering the six pack, I expresed interest in mayby buying some of the compost being offered by the Sporelab. Explained that I was interested in expanding on this fascinating hobby, and was looking at trying a semi bulk teck.

Long and short of it, Captain Max talked me out of buying the compost. On the grouds that, since I mentioned I had access to a horse stable, I therefore had available a source of material likely as good as the compost. And that was for free. So, said the Captain, here's how to go about digging up the good stuff...

Which I did. Got 4 rather impressive garbage bags full of horse dooky, and it's all good. And all free.

So like I said, thumbs up for Captain Max. I'll certainly be giving the Sporelab repeat business, especially if the syringes turn out the way I expect.

Take a bow Captain.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepsyconaut
NASA trainedpsychonaut
Loc: The Great White North
Re: Thumbs up for Captain Max [Re: manmoutainmurphy]
    #777105 - 07/25/02 10:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, he's a solid guy with a nice, friendly business ethnic.

-psyco

--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

OfflineOrchidman
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
    #777372 - 07/26/02 01:07 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have made several orders with www.sporelab.com and have had no trouble at all. My orders have arrived in a matter of days without a hitch. Captain Max answered a lot of questions for me and was very friendly. He has some very good mushrooms and keeps coming up with new ones. On top of that, his prices are very good. He has my ultimate recommendation. I got my Psilocybe cyanescens from him and if you read my grow log, you can see how I'm doing.

--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

Anonymous

#778276 - 07/26/02 12:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Geez, I dunno what happened to the first packet, you should have got THAT in 2 days!

Oh well, it's a story with a happy ending, not many of those around here these days!

Invisibleshaggymane
PHARMER

Loc: great white north
Re: Thumbs up for Captain Max [Re: ]
    #778554 - 07/26/02 03:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

a fair tale ending again

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum