Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSporz
journeyman
Attn Mjshroomer & Friends, castaneifolius rumors.
    #758809 - 07/19/02 09:24 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Shroomers,

Well i am at the library computer and there is an annoying girl talking loudly in the station next to mine and my whole train of thought has been..disrupted..

Anywho, i read yesterday something about mjshroomer stating that "someone" has been spreading false rumors and information about the mushroom Pan Castaneifolius.
Well you need not go far because u know that i would maybe be the one, and not new poster Mr. Mushroom.

Well Mr. mjshroomer, yer the one who has been our teacher on these boards and i don't remember you ever teaching us to start spreading false rumors about Panaeolus Castaneifolius.
I think that my identification is right on, for these Shrooms here in Sarasota at least.

These are most definately not Pan foenisecii.

About two years ago the first suspected specimens i found were about 40 or 50 strange Shrooms in a cow field of which blued at the base of the stems. I have posted that photo several times and it is one with the mushrooms laid out on a nice deep purple colored beach towel. Those mushrooms, to this day i still do not know what they were. I do know that they were not castaneifolius.

This could be why you think this.

Mjshroomer i am not spreading any false information i do not believe.

I know very little about mushrooms other than the ones here in florida. But i know the mushrooms damn good round here.
I do not believe i have ever seen any other photos of Castaneifolius, other than the one plate in Psilocybe Mushrooms of the World, my own photos of them from here in florida, and also peaceful nomad's photos of the mushrooms from right here in this town. Other than that, Mitchnasts site does not deal with florida mushrooms so i have no idea what is going on with what grows in nova scotia so i wouldnt want to try correcting anybody with their own Panaeolus identifications, but i am rather certain of what it is i find here.

The southflorida shroombase shut down and all paypal orders for spores have been refunded due to the fact i never verified my paypal account.
My laptops electricity cord does not work anymore.
My digital camera's electircity cord is missing.
My shroom photo disks are all in dissarray.
And Annie wants to move us to Beijing China in a month.
She broke the t.v. (on purpose),
And i broke the stereo on accident.
My work is done here in florida and now your telling me that im eating mushrooms that i didnt identify correctly.

GumbyDude has made it into the mushroom hunting moderator with lizard and i.

Mjshroomer has had a few problamatic descreptancies in the past with the state of florida, which i suppose is fine but then its all just negativity from there on. He had a biiiig problem with floridians and now later in his life he is still having to deal with the pent up anger up there in seattle picking blue ringers every day.

So the word gets around that pan casters grow year round on the lawns and you dont need to go into a shit yard to get yer psilocybin in the system and then here comes mjshroomer trying to ruin everyones fun in the sun, again.

Again, you have taught me more than half of everything i know about psychotropical mushrooms on this message board and now your saying that either i didnt pay close enough attention to this all during class, either that or the teacher wasnt paying close enough attention to what needs to be done with the future of psychotropical shrooms.

These damn florida kidz are bustin my ass this year with all the muck and guck theyre bringing in here and i dont have a personal computer at the condo, so i have to admit i only get time to be on the message boards only a few times each week.

My American Online account was canceled so i do not know how to retrieve a password for my GGreatOne234 account here at the shroomery, thus, i post under this new name Sporz.

Its hot as hell outside and i gotta go.

Keep on shroomin,
GGreatOne234

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia
Re: Attn Mjshroomer & Friends, castaneifolius rumors. [Re: Sporz]
    #758949 - 07/19/02 10:22 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I agree that we need to once and for all dispell these paneaolus rumours...I strongly believe that I have found more than just subbs...certainly casters, if not a few others...maybe we should create a paneolus monograph.

Cheers...and don't leave GG...you are a valuable part of our community

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #759034 - 07/19/02 11:01 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey G GreatOne234, You were not a target of anything from me. I only brought up a fact that all of a sudden everyone seems to be picking Panaeolus castaneifolius all over the USA. This cannot be. While you may have a lawn in Florida it does not account for everyone else allegedly finding this mushroom. It is an extrememly rare species which does grow throughout a lawn but the lawns are gfar and inbetween.

And when I brought that matter up it had nothing to do with you or Florida.

Sorry to hear about all of your other problems.

As for Mr. Mushroom he just identified a collection of alleged casters as suubs..So maybe you and others should send him a few dried specimens or sporeprints to determine what species you have been picking. Mr. Mushroom seems to enjoy the e3ffort to help others here as you have done in the past. . A whole mushroom would be better because there are other characteristics which could separate the genera even futher.
\
If you were to send him some specimens of the alleged casters for examination that would solve all of the problem of the panaeolus castaneifolius enigma facing everyone here at the shroomery.

Anyway, AS i said above, my comments were not directed at you or about you but about all of the recent posts of people saying they are picking the mushroom.

I also corrected the info regarding Mitchnasts id from me of Panaeolus microsporus.

Hope things improve on your computer situation,

have a shroomy day,

John

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Male User Gallery
Re: Attn Mjshroomer & Friends, castaneifolius rumors. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #759158 - 07/19/02 11:41 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Actually he identified suspected subbs as being subbs.

Here is an excerpt:

"I just finished a preliminary examination of the spores you sent. The are a dead match to the Panaeolus subbalteatus spores, about 12 microns long x 8 microns wide, elliptical and smooth.

As soon as I get the camera set up I will take a few pictures and post them.

Good ID job!

Plato"

Not to say that all the believed casters are casters...but I certainly think that I have found them, and the Florida finds seem right too...and Mitchnast says he found them as well...so I don't know.

I will soon send some prints of believed castaneifolius to Mr. Mushrooms, to see if they are such. What I really need is a good few days of rain though, so that I can find some fresh specimens as I mixed all of my pann prints up, I after all only really made the prints to further spread the pann...demic so to speak.

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

Anonymous

#759532 - 07/19/02 03:15 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineSporz
journeyman
Re: Attn Mjshroomer & Friends, castaneifolius rumors. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #761199 - 07/20/02 06:06 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hello again mj,

you said:
"It is an extrememly rare species which does grow throughout a lawn but the lawns are gfar and inbetween."

This mushroom actually seems abundant in sarasota.
I have found them in a dozen different spots throughout the downtown area,
and also on roughly 30 different residential lawns, in several different neighborhoods.

If Mr. Mushroom has a microscope i will send a print off to him and whatnot.

Thanks

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Male User Gallery
    #761211 - 07/20/02 06:11 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I think that would be a ggreat idea greatone. I am going to send him a print of my casters too.

--------------------
- Mr. Mushrooms

St Thomas

InvisiblePeaceful_Nomad
On the Path ofthe Feather
 User Gallery

Loc: Sometimes Kansas - Maybe ...
Re: Attn Mjshroomer & Friends, castaneifolius rumors. [Re: StInvetroThomas]
    #761960 - 07/20/02 10:39 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have a few dried specimens if that would help
isolate the species.

Peaceful Nomad

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag