Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Black beans and rice anyone?
    #7558384 -

I know I read a great post awhile back with a recipe for black beans and rice (Cuban style). Unfortunately it was in a thread that was about something else and I can't find it.

I bought a lb of black beans and want to try making this. Even have my plantains to fry for desert. Anyone with a good recipe I would appreciate you posting it here. Want to try my hand at some Cuban cuisine.

Thanks


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black beans and rice anyone? [Re: mushbaby]
    #7558420 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black beans and rice anyone? [Re: sucklesworth]
    #7558560 -

Thank you sucklesworth. That one looks good but it's not the specific recipe I am looking for. This one didn't have the mango salsa.

But I might give it a try anyway.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black beans and rice anyone? [Re: mushbaby]
    #7558603 -

You don't have to make the mango salsa, but I sure suggest you do cuz it is d friggin lish I tell ya what


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black beans and rice anyone? [Re: sucklesworth]
    #7558711 -

Do you just pour the beans over rice like cuban restaurants do?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black beans and rice anyone? [Re: mushbaby]
    #7560141 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black beans and rice anyone? [Re: Veritas]
    #7562182 -

Yes Veritas! That was the one I was looking for! Thank you!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black beans and rice anyone? [Re: mushbaby]
    #7600521 -

Ok, stand aside, i will do this in english but if you want the recipe in spanish, please pm me.

Ok, first off, the rice has to be yellow saffron rice, there are various brands, but make sure the one you use has actual saffron in it, it comes in a package already together with the seasonings.

Now for the beans part. If you wish to get all crazy & want to do the beans from dry, then pm me, everyone else please use goya or progresso canned black beans..........

First, saute minced garlic, then add chopped onion, saute more, then add the canned black beans, and some water, like a half can to every 2 cans of goya black beans, simmer over low heat cook down to a sluge of beans & broth, add more water if needed during the simmer. Now for the important part, as you are satisfied that the beans are cooked down to the right consistancy, you now chop a bunch of fresh celentro and add it to the bubbly black paste, let that cook lil more but not long, make sure that the bean mix has broth, add some more water if you need to, taste & see how much salt & pepper you need.

This recipe comes from Spanish Harlem In New York City, spoon the beans over the rice, do not mix it into a "dirty rice", the flavor is far better spooned over the rice.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black beans and rice anyone? [Re: A3eyedfish]
    #7601527 -

Thank you 3 eye.

I'll send a pm cuz I prefer not to use canned if I can help it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black beans and rice anyone? [Re: mushbaby]
    #7603702 -

if its all the same A3eyedfish could you post the dry black bean part here too? I'm interested to hear it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black beans and rice anyone? [Re: SampaJasli]
    #7605009 -

SampaJasli said:
if its all the same A3eyedfish could you post the dry black bean part here too? I'm interested to hear it.



Yea, what gives with the cloak and dagger? 
Post yer secrets er forever be the bane of mine kitchen... Yarrr! :smile2:


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black beans and rice anyone? [Re: geokills]
    #7605038 -

Might i suggest using Quinoa instead of Rice to boost the nutrition value of this recipe?


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* cuban black beans with mango salsa sucklesworth 1,960 18 12/15/06 10:11 AM
by mr_kite
* Souper easy black bean soup. *DELETED* shroomerylurker 893 3 06/08/04 04:16 PM
by A3eyedfish
* Superbowl bonanza! Carribean Rice and beans Recipe 3 w/pics HagbardCeline 1,028 0 02/13/04 05:29 PM
by HagbardCeline
* So tell me about beans freddurgan 1,411 9 04/08/06 06:25 PM
by freddurgan
* Need spices for chicken on the grill (spanish) orizon 1,831 8 02/02/04 10:33 PM
by A3eyedfish
* super cheap/nutritious meals
( 1 2 3 all )
JonnyOnTheSpot 8,622 41 04/01/05 11:08 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* My fried rice is not yellow. help. u243 1,915 16 08/01/05 05:58 AM
by iloathu

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, geokills, feevers
1,073 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 34 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.