Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
What Shroom is this
    #756010 - 07/18/02 09:56 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

excuse me, i'm new to this. but i'll give it my best shot.

i went shroom hunting yesterday (the whole desription of what happened is in General Discussion, under "ten hours to trip?" which is how long before they kicked in) and i found a shroom that at first i thought was a psilocybe cubensis. and it may be, but a few things don't fit all the descriptions i can find.
the shrooms are between 3 and 5 inches tall.
the caps are between 2 and 4 and a half inches wide, and half an inch thick, and they have a nipple in the center that is a golden brownish color. besides that the caps are all white with maybe a little bit of brown. one shroom weighes about an oz when wet. give or take a little.
when handled the stems turn red, then later fade to a greyish inky color. the gills are white and not attached to the stem at all. the stems are thin and cinnamon colored. they do have a veil.
they don't change at all when wet. they had no film when i picked them. they were growing out of a cow pasture, but there was no dung obviously present. no trees around. just manure enriched soil and grass.
and the part of the country i live in is dallas tx...i don't know if that matters.

like i said i'm new at this indentifying thing. i've only tripped like four times.
so what do i have?

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblestrang

Re: What Shroom is this [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #756224 - 07/18/02 11:24 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

white gills is never a good sign....from what you have described, i would say not active and do not eat...cubensis are very distinct, and you will know when you have found one...the bluing, they veil, the purple spores, and the smell.... sorry dude, she aint active....

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #756249 - 07/18/02 11:35 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Cut off one of the caps and put on an index card or in a glass to obtain a spore print. It make take hours to a day or more for the spores to drop depending on their state when picked.

That will give more information about the species. Cube spores are deep purple to black.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #756267 - 07/18/02 11:43 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I agree, take a spore print... If it comes out white you may have problems :\

Never ever eat a shroom that you're not 110% sure about. Be sure to always check spore prints, even if you KNOW you found the right thing, because everyone screws up sometimes. Why you ate a "cubensis" that didn't stain blue is beyond me. Cubes ALWAYS will stain blue, or blue-green.

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: What Shroom is this [Re: Swami]
    #756282 - 07/18/02 11:49 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

well guys, i've already eaten the shrooms. that was my damn dumb mistake. and i'll pay or i won't. but i at least want to know what killed me before i die.
and yeah, i tripped balls and it was great. it just took 10 hours for me to trip. but it was a shroom trip.
and the spore print? okay, but they are mostly already dry. but it's done, i'll let it sit for awhile. and nobody has said anything about the stems turning scarlet red when i broke them...does anybody know about that? and uh...yeah, it's been over 30 hours since i ate the shrooms and i've had no nausea or vomiting or headache...i've felt great the whole time.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia
    #756326 - 07/18/02 12:03 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What a dumb ass....dude you are lost if you seriously ate them.

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #756506 - 07/18/02 01:51 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Your over all description sounds like a Lepiota. L. rachodes and L. americana both stain reddish when bruised. Chlorophyluum molybdites would also fit your description and it also sometimes bruises reddish. You state that you ate them over 30 hours ago, and that you tripped for 10 hours. It wasn't the mushrooms that got you high. Now for just how lucky you are. Based on your description, Chlorophyllum molybdites is the most likely candidate for what you ate. As you may have just demonstrated, a small percentage of the population actually doesn't get poisoned when eating them. For those not so lucky, they produce what doctors refer to as "gastrointestinal syndrome". Basically, severe bloating and cramping in the abdomen, with pain rivalling surgery. Throw in nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. The diarrhea "may be explosive in nature and become bloody". (Quote from Dr. Denis Benjamin's book) The duration of all this fun is up to six delightful hours. A common comment is that the patient wishes that they could die so it would end. For even better luck, consider that several species of Lepiota are deadly poisonous and contain the same toxins as the deadly Amanitas. Whick means liver and kidney destruction, and possibly the requirement for an emergency liver transplant to survive. If you want to commit suicide, there are lots of more effective and less painful ways to do it.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: What Shroom is this [Re: ToxicMan]
    #756582 - 07/18/02 02:21 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

no i didn't trip for ten hours, i tripped ten hours after eating the shroom. i tripped for 3 hours. intense hours.
my trip: pupils like pennies, euphoric god-like feeling, no tracers, but lot's of swimmys and floatys in the air...it was like every shroom trip ive ever done or heard about, it was just ten hours after i ate the shrooms. i did eat them fresh, and i did eat them on an empty stomach. now, drugs are strange with me, they always hit me different. ever since i took a little to much acid and was hospitalized...that could be a reason, i don't think i'll ever be able to trip on acid again.
oh yeah, and on that spore print, it was mostly dry when i put them down, but parts of it and brownish. but like i said, the shroom is mostly dry. but the brown is stained into the paper pretty well. and guys...i'm just the dumbass here, but if it was going to kill me, then i would be feeling something. SOME form of SOMETHING bad at most 24 hours later...then it would go into remission and two days to two weeks later i would die. but i've had NO vomiting. no NOTHING but that trip.
i don't have a picture, but i do have exactly what it looks like from another site. the only difference is that it doesn't stain blue. and when it's dried, it looks alot like the second picture. is the study of mushrooms an exhaustive science? or might it be there is still room for growth? the second picture is from

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

#756585 - 07/18/02 02:22 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

okay, so my pic didn't work, but if you go to that site, look at the texan strain...that's what it looks like.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #756759 - 07/18/02 03:37 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It looked like that, but it did not briuse blue, it briused red. What part of "it was not a cubensis" do you not understand?

You need to stick to buying drugs, buddy. Hunting mushrooms is for certain people, you would be one of those folks that doesn't fit in the "certain people" group. Either buy your drugs from now on, or don't do them(your hospitization from "a bad acid experience" suggest you shouldn't be playing with them anyway.)

Anonymous

Re: What Shroom is this [Re: ToxicMan]
    #756975 - 07/18/02 05:10 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Anonymous

#757005 - 07/18/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinecen_tex_looker
Dismember

#757733 - 07/18/02 08:42 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

And I am also sure that every person that nukes themself with a toxic shroom just adds bad plubicity to the whole shroom cause. If a person from a certain area dies from eating the wrong shroom, I am sure the local police and law enforcment step up efforts in that area...that's just the way shit happens.....Once the media grabs it...there is a sudden outcry of public demand to fix the problem ASAP. Then, instead of fixing the problem, everyone goes off half cocked like chickens with their heads cut off busting everyone.

I have gone on about 20 shroom hunts....I am by far no expert as I have not found 1 cube yet....BUT....I have come across many, many, many, many different kinds of shrooms and never was too anxious to "get high" that I just gobbled them down without being sure. I am having fun trying to ID all the ones I find. This moring I found a BIG ASS RED ONE that weighed about 2 1/2 LBS.... I have walked, and walked, and walked.....miles and miles ad miles and still have not eaten a wild mushroom yet....I have also come across the "red staining" ones that you described here too and thought "Wow..I might be onto something." but I did not eat them. Take your time,,,,just don't make it look bad for everyone because you wanna commit shroomicide.

P.S. If I don't find some freaking cubes soon I am gonna take some toxic ones just to end the pain in my feet from walking so much....

--------------------
"If at first you don't succeed....break it all up in a fit of rage and throw it in the trash"

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: What Shroom is this [Re: cen_tex_looker]
    #757877 - 07/18/02 10:32 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

thank you all for your concern, but i'm telling you, i'll get pictures and all later...but i have done it twice now...ate a shroom, tripped ten hours later. twice, same effect. and about the acid hospitalization...i didn't do that, it was put in my coffee, i didn't know it was there. i don't eat cid man, natural stuff only. but listen, if i'm on to something new here, that's cool, if i am just immune to the poison like 1 in a million, that's cool too. if i die, it's another step in the life cycle, that's cool too. and if i happen to live, then i learned a lesson, my shrooms now come from a kit and a syringe. from now on. i thank you all for your concern. by the way, the shrooms spore prints are brown. not clear. is brown good?

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #757971 - 07/19/02 12:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Dying is not cool, brown spore print is not good and i think you should go to the hospital.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #757974 - 07/19/02 01:02 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I'd have to agree, go to the hospitle.

Anonymous

#758351 - 07/19/02 06:09 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: What Shroom is this [Re: ]
    #758725 - 07/19/02 08:36 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

about the acid thing, yeah. i would have beat the shit out of him, but i was in the hospital for a week, and when i got out he was already in jail. and it had nothing to do with who i hang out with, i hang out with philosophers and musicians, he did it to me a school. at lunch. 4 hours later my heart was stopping in the hospital. beautiful right? the guy's in prison for attempted manslaughter for a few years then he gets paroll for a few years. i'm not the only person he did it to, just the one he got caught with. i did go to court to testify, that's the closest i could get to kicking his ass.
this shroom though. either it's poison and i'm immune (but do poison ones give you pleasent trips?) or it's fucking rare as hell. end of story. it's been 2 and a half days since i ate it, i tripped, no bad side effects, no bloating no gastoral problems, no puking no explosive craps. i'm super man or it's supershroom or ya'll have never heard of it before. those are really the only conclusions

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Offlinecen_tex_looker
Dismember

#758759 - 07/19/02 08:57 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I think if you tripped like 10 hours later than you were tripping from lack of sleep from staying up all night waiting to trip...did that make sense? lol

Did you ever watch someone get fucked up on non alcoholic beer? I have....10 hours seems impossible because;

1. Whatever you eat hits you blood stream in minutes on an empty stomach, and only an hour or two on a full stomach.
2. Ten hours after eating those shrooms they were already in your large intestine waiting for their turn to become dung themselves.

About the acid thing....how does acid stop your heart?..Acid is not coke, nor crank, no heroin, or any kinda drug like that. I guess if you were tripping hard enough and kept telling yourself that your heart is gonna stop...I guess you could "will it to"...Also, they don't even keep heart attack and stroke patients in the ward for that long, why would they keep you there? If you were almost killed by "tripping", why would you ever wanna go there again?

--------------------
"If at first you don't succeed....break it all up in a fit of rage and throw it in the trash"

Anonymous

Re: What Shroom is this [Re: cen_tex_looker]
    #758955 - 07/19/02 10:26 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It's clear to see hes lying.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract