Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: fellow cigarette smokers.... [Re: Skunk420]
    #7280003 -

You must be a big fan of Joe Camel huh?


--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: fellow cigarette smokers.... [Re: mikeytro]
    #7280030 -

Only if i'm Real tore up.
Otherwise thats just nasty. Its also nasty to shit, but as the saying goes don't shit in your own nest.
I like to visit friends residences that smoke indoors. I don't have to live with the smell, and don't have to stand outside every half hour.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: fellow cigarette smokers.... [Re: mikeytro]
    #7280217 -

mikeytro said:
what happened?




What with the Zyban? I had a wicked nightmare of being sacrificed by skinless people, I got up off the rock slab and started running and almost got caught in some kind of steel trap. I bumped into a friend that had killed himself in high school, he looked at me like he was saying "Get me out of here, Man!" I woke up and it felt like I was having a heart attack. I heard a few people died from Zyban, if I hadn't escaped the trap I bet I would have been one of them. That new drug might be a different story, but I don't trust any prescription meds now...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: fellow cigarette smokers.... [Re: Middleman]
    #7280321 -

Middleman said:
mikeytro said:
what happened?




if I hadn't escaped the trap I bet I would have been one of them.



lol that's pure horror.  I'm glad you escaped :wink:


--------------------
_______________________________________________________________
namaste said:
no flamz in da ODD, if you got nothing to contribute then keep yo lips zipped
_________________________________________________________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: fellow cigarette smokers.... [Re: Middleman]
    #7280548 -

Middleman said:
but I don't trust any prescription meds now...




I never trust any prescription meds, I believe that doctors are just incompetent
twits that went to college for a degree in bullshitting and guesswork, my sister
hasnt reported anything adverse with this drug and is also very reluctant to use
any because of her past experiences with drugs and her current status in NA

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7279502#Post7279502

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: fellow cigarette smokers.... [Re: mikeytro]
    #7280554 -

I've always kind of felt that quitting cold turkey was the only way it would work

It's the best way to do it, in my opinion. Just takes will power.


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: fellow cigarette smokers.... [Re: Noviseer]
    #7280577 -

I wonder if anti-depressants/anti-smoking meds kill the effects of mushrooms??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: fellow cigarette smokers.... [Re: Left Nut City]
    #7280594 -

Anti depressants will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: fellow cigarette smokers.... [Re: FecalDildo]
    #7280753 -

my parents are smokers and i + my house always smell like smoke. it's the worst, i hate it. people assume i smoke because of the smell, when in reality i want to smell fresh and refreshing.

not like that shit. so i prefer don't smoke in your house, unless you're a diehard addict.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: fellow cigarette smokers.... [Re: lysergicide]
    #7280808 -

Cloves dont smell that bad.. But I still dont smoke inside my house. If I did it would only be cloves and hookahs. I do smokie hookah in my house. and that gets the niccin pretty good. and IT is really relaxing. My parents dont smoke and they like the smell of a hookah. might be worth a try instead of the late night cigs. it is a little work though. but once you got it down it'll take 2 min to set up and 25 to smoke. throw a little green in there and your set. I find a 70/30 mix with orange sheesha is best.


--------------------
"I allowed the winds of the world to blow through my very soul, admitted the perils and foreboding's into my heart, I was pampered by my goddesses, betrayed by primitives, I loved to live, lived to love, life was my gamble, luck was my artform."- George Jung

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: fellow cigarette smokers.... [Re: lysergicide]
    #7280864 -

I've been smoking for 26 years. Quit over a month ago. Tried patches before. They were a joke. Couldn't even tell I had them on. Yes... THEM. I've heard some say Chantix worked well for them. Not me. Saw no difference. I'm using Commit lozenges. I still have cravings but the lozenges do help take the edge off. It's the only thing I've tried that helps me any at all. Now I've just got to figure out how to quit the damned lozenges.

I've got a very serious habit though. This is my third time breaking away from them. The first was when I tried the patches which failed. I gave up on the patches and went cold turkey. A year later I still craved a cigarette most of the time. I wasn't going to start back though. Just planned on getting used to the feeling. A fine cigar at a strip club began the demise of that attempt. I thought I had gotten away with it too. Oh no. That one led to another a couple of weeks later which led to another... Finally started back just smoking cigarettes since they at least have filters.

Second time was with these same commit lozenges. I stayed smoke free for 6 months that time. Suddenly I got the worse run of luck I've ever had. So many things went bad in my life that were completely beyond my control. I didn't deal with it all very well and to make a long story short, came to the conclusion that I needed to commit myself for help. I had gone absolutely, dangerously insane. Suicide was not an option due to family. I realized at the last moment that of all the things eating me alive I did have control of one little thing. The other things were beyond my influence but I didn't absolutely have to keep dealing with the additional stresses brought on by the cravings. I purposely started back smoking and that turned out to be enough to give me the edge I needed to deal with the other things and get my head back on track.

Like I said. I have a serious habit. Even when I'm smoking I can't get enough. I vary from 2 to as many as 4 packs a day. Usually about 2 1/2. It's never enough though and even when I went cold turkey for a year I still had strong and constant cravings. No one I know has ever heard of that. I'm sure there is an underlying cause but I nor any doctor have been able to get to it.

Oh well. I'm at it again...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: fellow cigarette smokers.... [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #7280871 -

the thing I've noticed about smoking is that if you kick it for a while, starting
back is worse, your consumption increases and kicking it becomes harder

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: fellow cigarette smokers.... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #7280885 -

Kicking it again does get harder if for no other reason than, you know from before exactly what you have got to deal with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Question for my fellow chain smokers.
( 1 2 all )
THE KRAT BARON 1,260 20 03/25/06 09:19 AM
by THE KRAT BARON
* Do cigarette filters filter out THC in a joint?
( 1 2 3 all )
lga0302 85,870 42 11/03/13 09:08 AM
by dontknow
* Dear amerikan pot smokers...tell me
( 1 2 3 all )
Tien 4,462 59 01/03/12 08:36 AM
by Podman
* Cigarettes in your system Irradiated_Feces 1,042 2 05/25/07 08:35 AM
by Irradiated_Feces
* i f*cking HATE those anti-cigarette TRUTH ads
( 1 2 3 all )
YellowSubmarine 8,864 56 03/28/06 12:26 AM
by DoctorJ
* random transient thoughts on healing and becoming healthy again ... now 14 days clean of cigarettes
( 1 2 3 all )
HB 8,195 54 05/26/07 01:10 AM
by HB
* smokers vs fatties
( 1 2 3 all )
KingOftheThing 4,427 45 08/16/05 02:33 AM
by Tao
* Coffee and Cigarettes
( 1 2 all )
indica 1,865 29 11/05/07 12:43 AM
by OMniversal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,795 topic views. 2 members, 22 guests and 209 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 17 queries.