Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: giving birth
Ways to scam UPS and get free postage
    #7256329 - 08/03/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I was wondering if that thing where you mail a package, mail it to a fake/bogus/nonexistant/illegible address and use the package's TRUE destination as the return address. Then they will send it back to the "return address", right?

The only flaw I saw in this is if the drop-box is in Iowa for example, and the return address is Hawaii or some shit. They'll probably figure that on out.

The point is that you can use no postage on the package, an dstill get it sent because they think it is a mistake.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: Ways to scam UPS and get free postage [Re: The Crow]
    #7256338 - 08/03/07 04:50 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

ups uses bar codes on the slip, so they can scan it and see exactly where it came from and where it has been.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlinesidewayz6.6
Bewildered White Boy

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Ways to scam UPS and get free postage [Re: nightkrawler]
    #7256342 - 08/03/07 04:52 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

It's also been my experience that you pay for postage before they take it, I haven't seen any UPS drop boxes...

--------------------

Anything I post is purely theoretical, and not based in reality.  All pictures are from google.

A big part of me has died inside and I don't know if it will ever come back.  Nothing makes me happy anymore.  I use drugs and alcohol to numb the pain, and my sense of humor to hide the rest.  I don't share these feelings with anyone in real life.

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: Ways to scam UPS and get free postage [Re: sidewayz6.6]
    #7256360 - 08/03/07 04:59 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sidewayz6.6 said:
It's also been my experience that you pay for postage before they take it, I haven't seen any UPS drop boxes...

UPS drop boxes are all over the place here in the city. In fact UPS and FedEx drop boxes are the best places to pick up a ton of tvyek for Mushroom Cultivation.

I am enjoying this thread and hope there's more info.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #7256432 - 08/03/07 05:27 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Won't wont, might work with USPS though.

--------------------

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ways to scam UPS and get free postage [Re: fapjack]
    #7256456 - 08/03/07 05:34 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Why's that?

--------------------

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #7256462 - 08/03/07 05:37 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Only one way I know to scam UPS. Order something. When they leave it on the porch take it. Claim you never received it. Raise holy hell abut it. Since they never got a signature for delivery they will be legally required to cough up the money you're out. It's basically because UPS is lazy that this works. They give the drivers an impossible schedule and tell them to leave the packages on the door. If they'd knock and get a signature this couldn't happen.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#7256466 - 08/03/07 05:39 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

If it got sent back, it would probably end up freight collect.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Re: Ways to scam UPS and get free postage [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #7256472 - 08/03/07 05:42 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

This happens at my job a lot, UPS has never paid for it once. We end up getting fucked and have to resend it.

--------------------

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #7256490 - 08/03/07 05:48 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

A guy I know got a $300 Ducks hockey jersey ordered by his wife for his birthday. It was supposedly delivered while he and the wife were on vacation. It took about 1 month but he got a check for $300. It turned out that his next door neighbor grabbed it because he knew his neighbor was on vacation and didn't want to draw attention to the house (he also picked up mail and newspapers for him). And when he got back from vacation the neighbor was leaving a month vacation, lol. So it totally slipped his mind. Anyway, just after he got the check the neighbor came over and gave him the package, apologized for forgetting about it. It was a moral decision if he should give the money back or not.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Re: Ways to scam UPS and get free postage [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #7256497 - 08/03/07 05:50 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

They've never done it for any of our customers, though I don't really know how much they complained. We aren't liable, but its good business to take care of your customers.

--------------------

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7256516 - 08/03/07 05:59 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Whats your business?

So if you order something from a business, get it, then claim you never got it businesses usually resend it?

I'm not planning on doing this, because it is utmost assholery. Especially to the vendors on this site. But I didn't know it was that simple:shrug:

--------------------

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#7256576 - 08/03/07 06:21 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Usually they will, though it depends what type of product. We are a manufacturer, so its not really expensive to reship something, but it will cost a wholesaler or a retailer a lot more and they will lose money, but if you didn't get it you didn't get it. If you really wanna screw people out of money because of being dishonest there are a ton of different ways, but thankfully most people aren't scumbags.

--------------------

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #7257177 - 08/03/07 09:15 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Well, at the UPS center where i work, when a driver comes in with his drop boxes and there are packages in there with no tracking numbers, they will likely be send to the mysterious land of "overgoods".

Nobody who works at my building knows what they do with "overgoods" but they certainly go to some UPS building in utah.

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Re: Ways to scam UPS and get free postage [Re: Nephlyte]
    #7257238 - 08/03/07 09:31 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i used to work in shipping. i forget exactly how it works, but insurance on the item is built into the fee you pay with ups. if the item isnt worth much, or if it's worth a lot, it may not be included though. i forget the exact way it works as it's been probably 6 or 7 years since i had that job.

either way, i wouldnt try to screw over ups. they're a private company running against the governments monopoly on the postage system. it's good that they exist.

--------------------

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #7257949 - 08/04/07 01:16 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

nightkrawler said:
i used to work in shipping. i forget exactly how it works, but insurance on the item is built into the fee you pay with ups. if the item isnt worth much, or if it's worth a lot, it may not be included though. i forget the exact way it works as it's been probably 6 or 7 years since i had that job.

Ya, you automatically get $100 insurance with UPS.  But they are bitches about ever paying on it.

Quote:

either way, i wouldnt try to screw over ups. they're a private company running against the governments monopoly on the postage system. it's good that they exist.

Agreed.

Also, since the subject came up.  I just did some research.  All lost UPS boxes or broken boxes without labels ends up here:

http://stores.ebay.com/Bargainland-Liquidation_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7258639 - 08/04/07 10:06 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

What about doing this to USPS?

--------------------

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

#7258670 - 08/04/07 10:23 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

they're going to know what post office the package first arrived in, so if you're in georgia, and the return address is in iowa, they're probably going to catch on. as for insurance, you have to go into the post office and get an insurance slip, write down what the package is worth, pay the insurance fee, then mail it. then i guess you could put a claim in afterwards saying the item was broken or never arrived, but i don't know what happens after that because i've never had to deal with something like that before. i always had to make sure my packages wouldn't break even if you threw them against a wall, because my boss knew that mail handlers aren't too gentle with packages. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7259070 - 08/04/07 12:37 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

AH.

Hey, I know that the mail doesn't work on weekends but are the trucks carrying packages still moving around around?
Like if I mail a package on Friday, will it still be in the process of being transported on Saturday and Sunday?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals