Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

Re: Cannabis granny faces jail for pot plants [Re: veggie]
    #4703348 - 09/24/05 12:27 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

CANNABIS GRAN ?PREPARED? FOR JAIL
September 23, 2005 - hexham-courant.co.uk

TYNEDALE?S cannabis-cooking granny is getting ready for another battle with the law.

Police raided 66-year-old widow Patricia Tabram?s Humshaugh home last Friday and took away four cannabis plants.

The pensioner was arrested on suspicion of cultivating the class-C drug and bailed pending further inquiries.

She was due to attend Hexham Police Station yesterday to be interviewed ? and if charged she could face jail.

Mrs Tabram, who suffers from depression, backache and the ear condition tinnitus, was sentenced at Newcastle Crown Court in April to a six-month jail sentence, suspended for two years, after she admitted possession of cannabis with intent to supply.

Judge David Hodson warned that if she continued to supply the drug she could face jail.

But the defiant woman is remaining true to her beliefs ? that cannabis eases her suffering.

She told the Courant this week: ?Since I went on cannabis, I have been pain-free and no longer use my hearing aid.

?I?m not going to take any cannabis in my food between now and the court case, so that when I appear in court I will have no pain relief.

?I will probably need two walking sticks, a neck brace and my hearing aid.

?I want them to see what happens when I don?t medicate on cannabis.

?I?m not going to have a solicitor, I am going to do it on my own.

?But I?m prepared to go to jail, whether it is for six months or 66 years.?

Mrs Tabram first encountered cannabis in February 2004.

She claimed the drug eased her pain, and the former restaurant owner soon started cooking up cakes, cookies and casseroles.

Mrs Tabram, of East Lea, started serving up the marijuana meals to a group of four friends.

But police put the blocks on the cannabis cooking circle last year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleveggieM

Gran denies cultivating cannabis [Re: veggie]
    #4967578 - 11/22/05 09:36 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Gran denies cultivating cannabis
November 22, 2005 - BBC

A grandmother has denied growing cannabis plants in her home.

Patricia Tabram, 66, is charged with the cultivation of cannabis, following a raid at her home in East Lea, Humshaugh, near Hexham on 16 September.

She appeared at Tyndale Magistrates Court in Hexham on Tuesday and elected to be tried before a crown court jury.

Magistrates heard police raided her home and recovered seven cannabis plants, cultivation equipment and 17g of the drug in her kitchen.

She was remanded on unconditional bail to reappear before the same court for a committal hearing on 17 January 2006.

Speaking ahead of her court appearance, Mrs Tabram said: "I am pleading not guilty because I want to be heard in the crown court.

"I have been in the magistrates' court several times before and you never get justice, so I am going to the crown court."

OfflineOriginal
God, I lovethis...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: Gran denies cultivating cannabis [Re: veggie]
    #4976543 - 11/24/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

It would have been funny if they raided the granny, and it wasn't a granny at all, but a bunch of college kids...

But that's bullshit what they did...

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonized cakes smell like South Florida...

Seriously...
---------------------------------
I can't sleep cuz the mexicans keep lighting their fireworks...
---------------------------------
If ya don't want trouble, ya gots ta crumble...

-Johnny Cochran on the use of crumbled vs. whole cakes..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

InvisibleveggieM

Cannabis grandmother found guilty [Re: veggie]
    #6644469 - 03/07/07 07:09 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

March 7, 2007 - BBC

Cannabis grandmother found guilty
Patricia Tabram spared jail

A 68-year-old grandmother convicted of growing cannabis at her Northumberland home has been given a 250 hour community service order.

Patricia Tabram, from Humshaugh, had denied charges of possessing and cultivating the drug when she appeared at Carlisle Crown Court.

She was arrested in 2005 when plants and growing equipment were seized.

Tabram had claimed she used the drug to relieve depression after the death of her son and pain following a car crash.

Last year she was spared jail after admitting possessing cannabis with intent to supply.

After the hearing she said: "I'm going to go on medicating.

"The police can come to my house every week. I'll give them a cup of tea.

"I'll give them a decent biscuit, which of course will be medicated and I'll give them some cannabis so they charge me again and again and again."

The court heard how she has suffered depression since the death of her teenage son in 1975.

She also said the drug relieved aches and pains caused by two car crashes.

She was in breach of a six-month suspended jail sentence for the 2005 conviction when police, acting on a tip-off, found the plants in a walk-in wardrobe at her home.

Ms Tabram also told them there was powder stored in jars in her kitchen to be used in cooking.

She said: "I am old and I am tired and I am disappointed, not in the result by the jury.

"I am disappointed in the attitude of the court regarding someone my age with my health problems and the way I deal with it.

"I just want to go home and get some rest."

Before appearing in court, the grandmother-of-two claimed she was "not afraid" of going to prison.

'Everyone's granny'

She said she would be "everyone's granny" and would be "treated like a queen".

In 2005, Judge David Hodson refused to jail Tabram, saying he did not want to make her a martyr.

But on Wednesday Judge Barbara Forrester said she could not rule out a jail term because Tabram was in breach of the suspended sentence.

Following the conviction, a Northumbria Police spokesman said: "Patricia Tabram has consistently flouted the law and Northumbria Police has a duty to act on the information we receive concerning possessing and cultivating drugs in order to enforce this law.

"We take drug abuse very seriously and are keen to use all tools at our disposal to eliminate drug dealing and use in the community."

The Crown Prosecution Service said medicinal use of cannabis was not a legal defence to possession and cultivation of the drug.

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: Cannabis grandmother found guilty [Re: veggie]
    #6644709 - 03/07/07 09:27 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

go to the google documentary thread and watch the video "stoned in suburbia" it has a lot of her in it.

--------------------

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabis grandmother found guilty [Re: Cloud9]
    #6645097 - 03/07/07 11:58 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Cloud9 said:
go to the google documentary thread and watch the video "stoned in suburbia" it has a lot of her in it.

lol,, i was just going to post that.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=974422311845273917&q=genre%3ASPECIAL_INT

She's been on the news all day,, i love this woman.

She's decided she has every right to take cannabis,,, and she's not wrong.

:thumbup:

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Cannabis grandmother found guilty [Re: Mike_yy]
    #6649018 - 03/08/07 12:56 PM (17 years, 15 days ago)

Stoned in Suburbia

Cool video! Thanks for posting that. Maybe you should start a new thread to announce the video.

InvisibleveggieM

#7138302 - 07/06/07 04:59 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Gran wins cannabis home use row
July 6, 2007 - BBC

A grandmother convicted of growing cannabis at her Northumberland cottage, can continue using the drug at home.

Patricia Tabram, 68, from Humshaugh, was found guilty in March of possessing and cultivating cannabis, which she says is used for pain relief.

Her landlord, Milecastle Housing, said she was in breach of her tenancy agreement and threatened to evict her.

But after a court hearing in Newcastle, Mrs Tabram was told she could continue to use cannabis treatments in her home.

However, Milecastle Housing warned that if Mrs Tabram was convicted for either cultivating or supplying the drug in the next two years, she would be evicted.

Mrs Tabram claimed the decision was a victory for her way of life.

She said she would continue to take cannabis medicinally - but would no longer attempt to cultivate the drug at home.

Mrs Tabram appeared at Newcastle County Court, after the housing association sought permission to evict her for breaching her tenancy agreement.

Bill Tebay, chief executive of Milecastle Housing, said after the hearing: "If she is convicted of supply or cultivation, we will take action.

"The judgement as it stands means that we will not be taking action if she uses cannabis in her premises.

Walking sticks

"But it is important to note that this judgement is specific to her and that Milecastle Housing have got a very specific policy about illegal use of drugs in its premises."

Mrs Tabram said: "I will be taking my medicine five times a day to be pain free 24 hours a day.

"That means I don't have to go down the route of using two walking sticks, having a neck brace or having to be looked after by home helps."

Mrs Tabram was arrested in 2005 when police raided her bungalow.

She was in breach of a six-month suspended jail sentence when officers, acting on a tip-off, found cannabis plants and growing equipment in a walk-in wardrobe.

She was subsequently convicted at Carlisle Crown Court.

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

#7141260 - 07/07/07 07:12 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

That's great,, she stood up for her rights and they had to accommodate her.

Well done Pat...

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Gran wins cannabis home use row [Re: veggie]
    #7240541 - 07/30/07 04:49 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I'm glad this drug addict fiend is off the streets. I can't imagine the horrors she would inflict on my children if she got her hands on them.

What a rite sore loser, I bet she failed everything at life and turned to drugs to comfort her. It makes me sick that people would want to try drugs, and it makes me even more sick and moreso angry that drug dealers are now targetting our grandmothers. I'll never feel safe around my grandmother ever again, knowing that she is probably hiding a drug addiction to a drug as evil as cannabis.

What a sad world we live in when even our grandmothers are drug dealers. What next? Our babies on cocaine? Our toddlers selling heroin? I'm so glad the government is taking action against scum like this. It's even worse that she was corrupting all those other elderly people with her evil drugs. Who knows what could have happened to them> They could have had a bad reaction to the marihuana and hallucinated hat satan was after them and jumped out of their 40th story apartment into the busy streets of the village they lived in. You never know what's in the pot, the growers could even have put other evil drugs like LSD or pcp or strichine into the marihuana to poison all the people who smoke it, because all drug dealers are evil and are merchants of death.

This makes me sick. I hope she gets locked up for life.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Gran wins cannabis home use row [Re: indica]
    #7241292 - 07/30/07 08:53 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
I'm glad this drug addict fiend is off the streets. I can't imagine the horrors she would inflict on my children if she got her hands on them.

What a rite sore loser, I bet she failed everything at life and turned to drugs to comfort her. It makes me sick that people would want to try drugs, and it makes me even more sick and moreso angry that drug dealers are now targetting our grandmothers. I'll never feel safe around my grandmother ever again, knowing that she is probably hiding a drug addiction to a drug as evil as cannabis.

What a sad world we live in when even our grandmothers are drug dealers. What next? Our babies on cocaine? Our toddlers selling heroin? I'm so glad the government is taking action against scum like this. It's even worse that she was corrupting all those other elderly people with her evil drugs. Who knows what could have happened to them> They could have had a bad reaction to the marihuana and hallucinated hat satan was after them and jumped out of their 40th story apartment into the busy streets of the village they lived in. You never know what's in the pot, the growers could even have put other evil drugs like LSD or pcp or strichine into the marihuana to poison all the people who smoke it, because all drug dealers are evil and are merchants of death.

This makes me sick. I hope she gets locked up for life.

:thumbup:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #7241349 - 07/30/07 09:08 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I know I feel safer with this desperate criminal off the street. :rolleyes:

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

q [Re: Boom]
    #7241371 - 07/30/07 09:13 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

PS - I've never actually tried pot, and I don't need to. I've read enough studies to make up my own mind about what an evil substance it really is. CAN'T YOU SEE THE FACTS? CANNABIS IS EVIL! And if you smoke it you WILL get a mental disorder. PLAIN AND SIMPLE! I can't understand why people would be so stupid as to want to smoke pot? EVERYONE WHO'S EVER SMOKED POT HAS NEVER MADE ANYTHING GOOD OUT OF THEMSELVES AND ENDED UP A HEROIN ADDICT! Look at Kurt Cobain! Look at Jimi Hendrix! They all smoked pot and died from drug overdoses! If you smoke drugs you WILL end up the same.

There is no such thing as 'safe' drug use! It's a lie made up by drug addicts to justify their absurd behaviour. All drug addicts have had their brains MELTED by their stupid drug use and will do anything to excuse their disgusting behaviour.

The evidence is overwhelming, and I'm glad I was never poisoned with this evil weed. I've brought up my kids to believe the same thing as well, and if I ever caught my kids smoking pot I would call the police straight away.

There is a zero tolerance in our household, and I know I can trust my kids never to be stupid enough to want to try pot, because thye know the consequences that await them if they are caught... AND THEY WILL GET CAUGHT

Offlinelequebecfume
iCannibinoid
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québec
    #7241545 - 07/30/07 10:17 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

You and boom obviously don't like cannabis, fair enough, but before making assenine comments on an issue have the kindness to read the articles on which you are commenting.

Gee I wonder what an aquital means ?

LEQ

Patricia Trabham is a heroine to millions of medical cannabis users in the UK and World-wide

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Gran wins cannabis home use row [Re: lequebecfume]
    #7241806 - 07/30/07 11:35 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

geez, you'd think that judging by my post count and complete retarded and ignorant nature of the above couple of posts I made, you'd think that you would have sensed just the SLIGHTEST bit of sarcasm?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale