Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

Cannabis-Cooking Granny Busted
    #3681473 - 01/26/05 01:18 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Grandmother ran cannabis cookery club for neighbours
January 26, 2005
telegraph.co.uk

A retired restaurateur has admitted raising a kitty with other pensioners to buy cannabis which she used in her recipes for "medicinal purposes".

Patricia Tabram, a grey-haired grandmother, turned to the drug in an attempt to offset the effects of tinnitus, mild depression and pains after a car crash.

She began using it in soups, cakes and hot pots in her country kitchen and introduced others to the secret ingredient. Police raided her stone-built cottage in the village of Humshaugh, near Hexham, Northumberland, after a tip-off.

Tabram, 66, was formally cautioned in May last year for possession and cultivation of cannabis after 10in high plants were found growing in her loft. A month later she was caught with 242gms of the drug worth around ?850 and self-seal bags for distribution to other people who she declined to name.

She told police that she had clubbed together with a group of elderly people to obtain cannabis for various medicinal reasons. Carl Gumsley, her defence counsel, told Newcastle Crown Court: "She had purchased it on their behalf."

Tabram admitted possessing cannabis with intent to supply and sentence was adjourned until March 11 to await reports from a probation officer and psychologist. She appeared in court in spectacles and a black cardigan and was remanded on bail with a condition of residence.

Wearing a woollen shawl in her well-stocked kitchen after the hearing, she said that she was writing a book entitled Grandma Eats Cannabis.

She said: "If they send me to jail I can finish writing my book about the merits of medicinal, herbal cannabis. I want people to know NHS medicines are poisoning them instead of treating their illness. If Jeffrey Archer can write a book in prison, so can I."

Tabram ran the Zodiac Centre restaurant in Edinburgh with her former husband and suffered depression after the death of her 14-year-old son Duncan in 1975. Her second husband died from cancer, she suffers from a lower back injury sustained in a road crash and also has arthritic knees.

She said: "Several friends found out my interest and how I liked to bake it in my food to help ease my ailment. I have taught others how to cook with it."

Tabram admitted to being scared when she first began travelling to Byker, Newcastle, to obtain the drug.

She said: "I had been going by bus to get small amounts at around ?20 a time. It was all I could afford as a pensioner. It was used in the cooking. When I got a chance to get more and help out friends, I met a supplier. I hadn't asked them to contribute, they wanted the stuff to help them relieve pain."

Police seized the drug, along with diaries, nail scissors and books, at her home before she had time to distribute it to the people she says had put in around ?150 each.

Tabram added: "The first time I had it, it was a friend who gave me a cannabis cigarette, but that only gives you a high for about 30 minutes. I researched it on the internet and found that if you took just a little bit of it with your food the effects last for five hours or more.

"So I started to make cannabis chocolate cake and that covered all the pain I had so well. I cook for everybody, all the neighbours, and I am teaching them so they can cook some of the things themselves.

"The most popular recipes I have are for lemon and lime cheesecake and chicken and leek pie. I want to publish a cook book with all of them in."

--------------------
"In some districts, inhabited by Latin Americans, Filipinos, Spaniards and Negroes, half the violent crimes are attributed to marijuana craze. Dr. Lee Rice of San Antonio reports that eighty per cent of all the murders committed by Mexicans are done while the killers are drugged by marijuana." -THE CHRISTIAN CENTURY, June 29, 1938

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Cannabis-Cooking Granny Busted [Re: veggie]
    #3682119 - 01/26/05 06:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

my god, i can just imagine police raiding a grandmothers house with machine guns, etc. makes me sick.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Anonymous

#3683222 - 01/26/05 01:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Good thing that menace is off the streets

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #3683352 - 01/26/05 01:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
Tabram, 66, was formally cautioned in May last year for possession and cultivation of cannabis after 10in high plants were found growing in her loft.

Thats still a lot "cooler" than the USA would have been.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Cannabis-Cooking Granny Busted [Re: Boom]
    #3683995 - 01/26/05 03:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You do make a good point.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Cannabis-Cooking Granny Busted [Re: Boom]
    #3685143 - 01/26/05 07:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Booooom said:
Quote:

veggie said:
Tabram, 66, was formally cautioned in May last year for possession and cultivation of cannabis after 10in high plants were found growing in her loft.

Thats still a lot "cooler" than the USA would have been.

Yeah, for real. DEA agents would have executed her.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleveggieM

#3760243 - 02/10/05 02:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Cannabis gran hopes to meet PM Blair
9 February 2005
Daily Mail

A drug-dealing grandmother is taking her fight to legalise cannabis to Downing Street today.

Patricia Tabram is hoping to meet Prime Minister Tony Blair to hand him a letter she has written asking for cannabis to be legalised on medical grounds.

In her lengthy letter to Mr Blair, the 66-year-old, from Humshaugh, near Hexham, Northumberland, claims commercially-produced medicines are more harmful than cannabis.

She also claims that her dependence on the NHS has lessened since she started taking the Class C drug.

Mrs Tabram hit the headlines when she admitted possessing cannabis with intent to supply from her bungalow.

She maintains that she laces her food with the illegal herb because prescription medicines make her ill and cannabis does not.

The former chef said recently: "Friends introduced me to cannabis in February 2004 when they gave me cigarette.

"I suffer from depression, whiplash in my neck and back pain. I went to bed and the next morning I felt so much better.

"I used to be on NHS medications but I found the side-effects were so bad that I stopped taking them.

"With cannabis I get rid of the pain but have none of the side-effects."

Homemade cookies and casseroles

Pottering about with her grey hair and spectacles, widow Mrs Tabram cuts an unlikely figure as a drug dealer.

She prides herself on her homemade herbal cookies, casseroles and soups, and became one of the most unlikely drug dealers.

Mrs Tabram has cooked up treats laced with the drug for neighbours and friends in her village after being introduced to cannabis.

She has also written a book called Grandma Eats Cannabis and hopes to have it published. While in London today, she is meeting literary agent David Godwin.

Northumbria Police were tipped off about Mrs Tabram and twice raided her bungalow in May and June last year. They seized 32 cannabis plants growing in her home.

Mrs Tabram appeared at Newcastle Crown Court to admit one charge of possession of a Class C drug with intent to supply on December 13. She will be sentenced on March 11.

A spokeswoman for literary agents David Godwin Associates said: "In the letter she explains why she takes cannabis.

"She cannot understand why the Government legalises many of these prescription medicines, which have such terrible side-effects, when cannabis has eased her pain and has none of the problems."

Anonymous

#3761250 - 02/10/05 10:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

oops double post

Edited by Kottonmouth (02/10/05 10:43 AM)

Anonymous

#3761252 - 02/10/05 10:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Tabram added: "The first time I had it, it was a friend who gave me a cannabis cigarette, but that only gives you a high for about 30 minutes. I researched it on the internet and found that if you took just a little bit of it with your food the effects last for five hours or more.

poor lady must of had some schwag or something, if i smoked a joint of nuggs id be high for several hours.  she needs to buy a glass bubbler  :thumbup:

OfflineWoland
The MercilessWarrior
 User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Cannabis-Cooking Granny Busted [Re: ]
    #3762266 - 02/10/05 02:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That old lady was such a menace to society!! What???

--------------------
"It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."

InvisibleveggieM

#3871293 - 03/05/05 12:27 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

CANNABIS GRAN'S BID TO BE MP
March 4th 2005
hexham-courant.co.uk

TYNEDALE'S cannabis-cooking granny Patricia Tabram is bidding to become an MP.

The 66-year-old from Humshaugh will be sentenced at Newcastle Crown Court next week on a charge of possessing cannabis with intent to supply.

Police seized 242 grammes of the drug - worth over ?800 - during a raid last year at her home, and also confiscated 31 cannabis plants.

But the former chef is pinning her hopes on staying out of prison - and entering the campaign trail at the General Election.

Mrs Tabram will challenge Labour MP and leader of the House of Commons Peter Hain, for his Neath seat in South Wales.

She said: I was at the Legalise Cannabis Alliance conference last week in Norwich and they have asked me to be their candidate.

"The Legalise Cannabis Alliance say I'm their face of middle England."

Since pleading guilty to possessing cannabis in January, Mrs Tabram has become the face of an elderly generation who take the drug for medicinal purposes. And her small semi-detached bungalow in Humshaugh has become a campaigning headquarters.

Over the past few weeks, with help from friends, the widow has been writing to every MP in the country.

Accompanying each of the 659 letters is a nine-page report into the side-effects of prescribed drugs.

She said: "I am hoping at least one MP will listen. I gave this report to Tony Blair three weeks ago with a letter I took to Downing Street but I's had no reply."

"Whatever happens at court next week I won't be giving cannabis up. The police will just have to keep coming round and taking my food away."

Edited by veggie (03/05/05 11:11 AM)

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#3872347 - 03/05/05 09:27 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

You go granny!!! :cool:

--------------------

OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
    #3872902 - 03/05/05 12:52 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

She says she faces up to four years in prison when she next faces court on 11 March. Yet she remains defiant.

"They can put me in prison as long as they like," she says. "I'm not afraid of going to prison. I'll come out and start buying it again.

"And then they can put me in prison again and I'll come out and start buying it again."

:biggrin: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

InvisibleveggieM

#3953182 - 03/22/05 11:32 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

"I would love to go to jail"
Mar 22 2005
icnetwork.co.uk

Up until the start of this year nobody had heard of pensioner Patricia Tabram. But her cannabis cooking skills have made her sought-after property. Jamie Diffley went to meet her.

Getting hold of Patricia Tabram was no easy task. Ring her phone and an answering machine kicks in straight away.

"This is grandma speaking," it begins before going on to give the number of her agent in London, the same literary agent that looks after legendary drug-dealer Howard Marks.

Patricia Tabram is no ordinary grandma.

Since she was arrested in January, 66-year-old Patricia has rarely been out of the media spotlight.

The grandmother-of-two's bungalow in the quiet Northumberland village of Humshaugh, near Hexham, was raided twice last year by police after they were tipped off about the unusual smells coming from her kitchen.

Smells caused by the high-grade cannabis Patricia puts in her food.

For more than 18 months Patricia has been making home-made cakes, soups and casseroles with cannabis mixed in. It is, she says, the only effective way to relieve the pain and depression she has suffered for almost 30 years.

The news story, exclusively revealed in the Chronicle, caused a storm. Soon other reporters were knocking on her door. Then the story went international.

"I had two Italian reporters round last week," says Pat from her modest home. "One was from the biggest magazine in Italy and he took about 300 photographs of me in different parts of the village. He was here for three days and when he went another reporter came round called Fabio."

Such is Patricia's fame that Fabio just turned up in Newcastle and started asking around.

"He went to a place in Westgate Road that sells all the paraphernalia associated with cannabis and asked if they knew me," she says. "There was a young lad in who shouted out `that's my grandma' and told the reporter where I live. I'm not really his grandma but a lot of people call me that."

Her fame is set to widen even further after signing with an agent. Patricia has written her life story and filmmakers make sporadic appearances at her house for a new documentary which will most likely be aired in October.

But first is the publication of her Cannabis Cookbook, a collection of her favourite recipes with her special added ingredient.

The contract sits on her table as we chat. It is, as yet, unsigned. She is not happy with the finer details, apparently.

"I just want to sell the book to let people know how to do it and what measures to use," she insists. "The agents are going on about how I could make millions but I'm not motivated by money.

"I'm 66. What would I want with money? I can only wear one pair of shoes at a time and I don't want to leave my home."

Despite the intense publicity she has generated, so far her earnings are no more than ?50.

What motivates the former restaurant owner is, she says, her message - that cannabis used for medicinal purposes is far more effective than medicine from the NHS.

It is a message she is keen to get across, which is why she is so up for all the publicity she can get.

When I knocked on her door I was the 87th reporter to do so. None has ever been turned away.

She comes to the door in a her blue dressing gown and gets changed later. She has been up early working on a new website - cannabisgrandma.blogspot.com - which she hopes to have operational by Friday. It will further boost her aims to spread the message worldwide.

"I don't smoke cannabis. I just eat it and it's for medical reasons," says an animated Patricia. "When I took medication I had so many side-effects. I was put on Valium in the early days, which just turned me into a zombie."

The Government feels the force of her wrath many times during our chat. As do local doctors, the police and the people in the "new stone houses" in the village. Hypocrites, she claims, who frown on her activity and yet are "probably smoking it themselves".

Patricia does not eat cannabis to get high. She claims it alleviates the pains in her back and neck from a car accident on the A69.

Her depression started in 1975 when she found her 14-year-old son Duncan dead in bed at the Edinburgh restaurant, Zodiac Centre, she owned.

"It was a terrible time for me, terrible," Patricia recalls. "I'm a chatterbox usually but I just wasn't interested in anything.

"I would sit and stare out of the window all day.

But the worst thing was, I couldn't cry. I actually couldn't cry. I only found out years later that it was a medical condition."

Patricia's crusade has seen her appear on TV's Richard and Judy -"they were nice people, but I wasn't allowed to speak about the medicines that cause the side-effects. I was disappointed with that".

She has been on radio in Germany, Italy, New Zealand and Colombia. But it has also brought the attention of the police.

She pleaded guilty to a single charge of possessing cannabis with intent to supply when she appeared before a judge at Newcastle Crown Court in December.

Patricia was due to be sentenced earlier this month but the hearing was adjourned until April for psychiatric reports.

"They'll probably think I'm a nutcase," is a phrase Patricia says more than once during our meeting. Regardless what they think of her, there is a very real possibility she could go to jail. Not that it matters to her.

"I would love to go to jail," she says. "Then I could find out for myself just how nasty things can be for prisoners and see their quality of life and quality of food.

After three days my aches and pains will come back and I'll prove to the Health Minister that I was right.

"I don't need expensive drugs. I just need cannabis."

There then follows another of Patricia's rants, which goes on to include George Bush, the IRA and genetically-modified foods. Patricia, she keeps telling me, is very political.

If she did go to jail, however, it would be a massive blow for her campaign.

Since being in the spotlight Patricia says she has received thousands of letters of support from elderly people across the country.

Most of the village, she says, are in support of her as well (besides the people in the stone houses) and she in turn supports them.

The smell of a chocolate cake is overwhelming in her kitchen, where she has made two.

One is for a 79-year-old local man whose disability means his hands are painfully clasped together.

The special ingredient in the cake helps.

Patricia is also registered to run as an MP for the Legalise Cannabis Alliance and has targeted Neath, in South Wales, as a potential constituency.

"I'm not bothered about the fame or being well-known," says Patricia.

"I'm so busy at the moment but I want to get the message across."

Grandma is on to a winner

Patricia's agent, Katya Shipster, of David Goodwin Associates, said her client's earnings could provide a nice little wage.

Katya said: "We can't disclose the book deal because of confidentiality but something like that should do well over Christmas.

"Patricia has finished her life story but we want to take one step at a time. The documentary is still ongoing but has not been commissioned by Channel Four yet.

"It is incredibly difficult to say how much money any of our clients will make. You just can't predict how things will go in terms of books sales but Patricia should make a nice wage out of it.

"She is very much in demand at the moment."

Notorious drug dealer Howard Marks has sold more than half a million copies of his autobiography Mr Nice which was first published in 1996. He is also a regular on the speech circuit.

"Howard does his lectures independently from us so I don't know how much he earns ," says Katya. "But Patricia has had similar offers and it is something she is considering.

"We think Patricia could be a success in that".

InvisibleveggieM

#4030251 - 04/08/05 10:08 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Cannabis cooking grandmother spared jail
April 8, 2005
iol.ie

A grandmother who cooked up treats laced with cannabis for her friends and neighbours walked free from court today.

Patricia Tabram, who prides herself on her home-made herbal cookies, casseroles and soups, admitted possessing cannabis with intent to supply from her home in East Lea, Humshaugh, near Hexham, Northumberland.

The sprightly 66-year-old, who cuts an unlikely figure as a drug dealer, had cooked up treats laced with the drug for neighbours and friends in her village after being introduced to it last year.

Today, Tabram returned to Newcastle Crown Court to be sentenced.

Jailing the former chef for six months, suspended for two years, Judge David Hodson, the Recorder of Newcastle, said the offence was so serious only a jail sentence was appropriate, however he would not be making her a martyr.

He said: "People in this part of the world cannot fail to have noticed that you have been caught up in a media circus. It might be that you have been trying to tempt the courts into making a martyr of you. I am not going to do this.

I consider that this offence merits imprisonment which I fix at six months. However, I am persuaded that there are exceptional circumstances which justifies a suspension of the sentence for a period of two years."

Outside court, an unrepentant Tabram said she would, and has, continued to take cannabis.

Tabram has become something of a celebrity in recent months, conducting countless interviews and appearing on national prime-time television.

She has continued to use cannabis, claiming it relieves her medical problems and has none of the side-effects of NHS drugs.

From her remote bungalow in rural Northumberland, Tabram has continued to cook, making her chicken and leek pies, curries, beef casseroles, chocolate cakes and biscuits - all laced with the illegal herb.

The greying and spectacled grandmother began cooking regularly for friends, who all suffer similar medical problems to her.

However, Northumbria Police were tipped off about the smells and activities at Tabram's bungalow and twice raided her house, in May and June.

They seized 31 cannabis plants growing in her loft and another one from her hallway table.

In total 8.5oz (242g) of herbal cannabis was seized in the second raid, Newcastle Crown Court heard.

The packets of cannabis had been bagged up and left in the fridge for her friends, who had pooled around ?150 each for their supply.

The unrepentant pensioner has also written a book called Grandma Eats Cannabis and hopes to have it published.

Tabram said she had been travelling to the Byker district of Newcastle regularly to buy cannabis.

But she took her quest for medicinal hash further and became involved with a drug dealer in Hexham.

When her friends said they also wanted some of the Class C drug she met a dealer in Hexham and, a day after taking delivery of a "nine-bar" of cannabis, the police knocked on her door.

Newcastle Crown Court was also told that Tabram had been cautioned last year for possession of cannabis and had several motoring convictions.

Judge Hodson warned the defendant that, if she committed any other offence during the next two years, she would serve the original six-month sentence imposed today.

He also told Tabram to pay ?750 costs and ordered the destruction of the cannabis police seized from her home.

--------------------
Cannabis Cooking Granny Website

Edited by veggie (04/08/05 11:52 AM)

InvisibleveggieM

'Cannabis Gran' speaks out at London rally [Re: veggie]
    #4193011 - 05/18/05 09:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you gotta love this old lady

'Cannabis Gran' speaks out at London rally
A grandmother who recently avoided jail for supplying her friends with cannabis-laced cakes was one of the speakers at this year's pro-cannabis rally...

May 18, 2005 - greatreporter.com

The Cannabis Education March was organised by a global network of pro-cannabis groups and supporters, including the Legalise Cannabis Alliance, a political party that ran 18 candidates in the recent UK elections.

From Russell Square a march of more than 1,000 people poured into the streets of London to join the afternoon rally at Trafalgar Square on 15 May.

At the front of the march a large banner representing members of Med Users 4 Legislation, a group of political and social activists determined to challenge the UK government ruling on the use of marijuana in medicine, was proudly displayed.

Grandmother Patricia Tabram, 66, who recently avoided a prison sentence for possession with intent to supply the drug was one of the speakers promoting medicinal marijuana at this years cannibis rally

In earlier statements to the press Tabram said she had given pies, cakes and biscuits laced with cannabis to four friends after using it for her own ailments.

She said it was "far better than any tablets you can get from the doctor".

Tabram highlighted the problem of serious health side-effects being caused by pharmaceutical medication.

She said pharmacists acknowledge that 60 per cent of medication can cause depression and each medication can have up to 88 different side-effects on the user, including convulsions, hallucinations and suicidal tendencies.

"It's full of all kinds of toxins," she said.

"I have 15 health problems. Four of them are genuine, the other 11 I got from side-effects of NH (National Health) medication," she added.

"I want to see the oil from cannabis used as the base for medication, then we would not have so many side-effects."

As the parade took to the streets it drew in more people, nearly doubling in size by the time it emerged at Trafalgar Square.

Samba bands drowned out the usual city noise.

Colourful dancers gave out cigarette lighters, information leaflets and cannabis cakes.

By 4pm Trafalgar Square was full.

A mix of hippies, political activists, doctors, lawyers and scientists - both old and young from every conceivable background.

The smell of marijuana was everywhere, just being there was intoxicating in itself.

Police maintained a steady presence for a while, but soon dwindled away.

When asked if she expected trouble, one policewoman said: "These things usually pan out peacefully."

There was no aggression, no anti-social behaviour, only a calm, peaceful and fun vibe.

Various speakers took to a makeshift stage at the base of Nelson's Column to give their opinions and advice on the use of marijuana, law and health issues concerning the drug, and grave warnings of bad quality and contaminated hashish, commonly known as Soap Bar.

Dana Beal, co-ordinator for Global Marijuana March, Cures Not Wars and author of The Ibogaine Story, highlighted his campaign to legalise the use of the ibogaine to combat all drug and alcohol addiction.

Ibogaine is derived from a root bark used in West Africa and in tests has shown strong evidence to eliminate addiction-induced craving by blocking receptors in the brain.

Beal said he came to the London Cannabis Rally to put across a three part program for the entire planet.

The program he referred to is to replace alcohol and tobacco with marijuana, administer ibogaine for drug addiction, and to grow hemp and use it to save the environment.

"The cure for drug addiction has always been in the African rainforests," said Beal.

"You take ibogaine one time and stop doing heroin, crack, alcohol, cigarettes and crystal-meth. Ibogaine is being used all over the world."

"If we have the answer to hard drugs why not release it and change the dynamic," he said.

Other speakers included Roger Warren Evans, barrister and representative for UK civil liberties group Liberty, jazz musician George Melly, renowned ex-marijuana smuggler turned writer Howard Marks, and a group of mushroom traders from the Entheogen Defence Fund, who highlighted the new law designed to make the sale and cultivation of magic mushrooms in the UK illegal.

A spokesperson for Scotland Yard said the entire event passed with no arrests and no record of any disturbances.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: 'Cannabis Gran' speaks out at London rally [Re: veggie]
    #4193331 - 05/18/05 10:47 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

that lady rocks, we need one of her in every neighborhood. maybe if the grannies were down all the hype wouldnt be so negative towards our beloved medicine.

InvisibleveggieM

Cannabis granny faces jail for pot plants [Re: veggie]
    #4681208 - 09/19/05 09:08 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Cannabis granny faces jail for pot plants
September 19, 2005 - timesonline.co.uk

Patricia Tabram, a cannabis-growing grandmother, said today that she expects to be sent to jail after police discovered four marijuana plants in her home.

The 66-year-old, who says that she is "medicating" friends who are sick or in pain because conventional medicines do not work, compared herself to Emmeline Pankhurst, the pioneering suffragist, saying she was willing to face her fate.

Mrs Tabram was given a six-month prison term, suspended for two years, in April when she admitted possessing cannabis with intent to supply from her home in East Lea, in Humshaugh, near Hexham, Northumberland..

Acting on a tip-off, Northumbria police raided her bungalow last week and found the illegal plants. A spokeswoman said: "As a result of information received, we executed a warrant at an address in the Hexham area on the morning of Friday, September 16. A 66-year-old Hexham woman was arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis and bailed pending further inquiries."

Mrs Tabram said today: "The police raided my home on Friday morning. Three officers came to the door and said "We've got information that you have been growing plants".

"They went right through my home and found four plants, each about 4ft high, which I have been trying to grow. The leaves were beginning to go brown and starting to die. I've never successfully grown a plant but I do not want to have to go to a criminal for my cannabis.

"I realise I am going to go to prison," she added. "Emmeline Pankhurst had to go to prison three times before women got the vote so I am not going to be worried about it.

"I have been thinking about things over the weekend and if the police charge me with anything except for "my own use", then I am going to plead not guilty and go to trial

".I have decided to defend myself. I am going to be my own solicitor, my own barrister and my own criminal. I did not go to university but I have read many books about this country's drug laws and when I get into court I am going to tell the judge and jury about the hypocrisy of our laws.

"I'm going to do my best in court and if I get a bigger sentence, then tough Charlie. If I get the same judge as last time, then tough Charlie.

"I'm just an old, grey, tubby grandma and I'm going to fight this."

Mrs Tabram, who prides herself on her homemade herbal cookies, casseroles and soups, cuts an unlikely figure as a drug user. She has cooked up treats laced with cannabis for neighbours and friends in her village since being introduced to the Class C drug last year by friends and finding that it helped to alleviate the symptoms of depression, whiplash and neck pain.

Northumbria Police were tipped off about the savoury smells and activities coming from Mrs Tabram's bungalow and twice raided her house, in May and June last year. They seized 8.5oz (242g) of "skunk" cannabis - the most powerful variety - with a street value of ?854 and she was charged with possession with intent to supply.

Mrs Tabram admitted the offence and in April Judge David Hodson, the Recorder of Newcastle, jailed the former chef for six months, suspended for two years. He also told her to pay ?750 costs and ordered the destruction of the cannabis police seized from her home.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Cannabis granny faces jail for pot plants [Re: veggie]
    #4683696 - 09/19/05 08:01 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

This woman is a brave old soul.

I salute her. :handth: :cheer: :cheers: :thanx: :goodluck: :iloveyou: :woot: :foshizzle: :rockon:

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleveggieM

#4694718 - 09/22/05 10:54 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Cannabis grandmother bailed again
September 22, 2005 - dailymail.co.uk

A grandmother who advocates cooking with cannabis must wait another two months to hear if she must go before the courts again for cultivating the drug.

Patricia Tabram, 66, answered bail at Hexham police station, Northumberland, and emerged 90 minutes later after she was re-bailed.

The grey-haired pensioner was arrested last week at her home in the quiet village of Humshaugh, near Hexham.

Police recovered plants at her home, which they told her needed further analysis.

Outside the police station, she said: "Anyone who knows anything about cannabis knows it [the plants] is cannabis, but they said they need proof."

In April the grandmother-of-two received a six-month jail sentence, suspended for two years, after she admitted possessing cannabis with intent to supply.

The judge warned her she faced jail if she committed the same offence again.

Mrs Tabram denied she was trying to goad Northumbria Police. "I didn't raid my house," she said.

"I think they are wanting to make an example of this little old lady. But if they do, and they send me to prison, the public will ask, 'why does this woman medicate with cannabis?'."

Mrs Tabram, who suffered from depression, claimed she used the illegal drug as a mild painkiller, and that many synthetic medicines were actually harmful to people.

InvisibleveggieM

#4703348 - 09/24/05 12:27 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

CANNABIS GRAN ?PREPARED? FOR JAIL
September 23, 2005 - hexham-courant.co.uk

TYNEDALE?S cannabis-cooking granny is getting ready for another battle with the law.

Police raided 66-year-old widow Patricia Tabram?s Humshaugh home last Friday and took away four cannabis plants.

The pensioner was arrested on suspicion of cultivating the class-C drug and bailed pending further inquiries.

She was due to attend Hexham Police Station yesterday to be interviewed ? and if charged she could face jail.

Mrs Tabram, who suffers from depression, backache and the ear condition tinnitus, was sentenced at Newcastle Crown Court in April to a six-month jail sentence, suspended for two years, after she admitted possession of cannabis with intent to supply.

Judge David Hodson warned that if she continued to supply the drug she could face jail.

But the defiant woman is remaining true to her beliefs ? that cannabis eases her suffering.

She told the Courant this week: ?Since I went on cannabis, I have been pain-free and no longer use my hearing aid.

?I?m not going to take any cannabis in my food between now and the court case, so that when I appear in court I will have no pain relief.

?I will probably need two walking sticks, a neck brace and my hearing aid.

?I want them to see what happens when I don?t medicate on cannabis.

?I?m not going to have a solicitor, I am going to do it on my own.

?But I?m prepared to go to jail, whether it is for six months or 66 years.?

Mrs Tabram first encountered cannabis in February 2004.

She claimed the drug eased her pain, and the former restaurant owner soon started cooking up cakes, cookies and casseroles.

Mrs Tabram, of East Lea, started serving up the marijuana meals to a group of four friends.

But police put the blocks on the cannabis cooking circle last year.

InvisibleveggieM

Gran denies cultivating cannabis [Re: veggie]
    #4967578 - 11/22/05 09:36 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Gran denies cultivating cannabis
November 22, 2005 - BBC

A grandmother has denied growing cannabis plants in her home.

Patricia Tabram, 66, is charged with the cultivation of cannabis, following a raid at her home in East Lea, Humshaugh, near Hexham on 16 September.

She appeared at Tyndale Magistrates Court in Hexham on Tuesday and elected to be tried before a crown court jury.

Magistrates heard police raided her home and recovered seven cannabis plants, cultivation equipment and 17g of the drug in her kitchen.

She was remanded on unconditional bail to reappear before the same court for a committal hearing on 17 January 2006.

Speaking ahead of her court appearance, Mrs Tabram said: "I am pleading not guilty because I want to be heard in the crown court.

"I have been in the magistrates' court several times before and you never get justice, so I am going to the crown court."

OfflineOriginal
God, I lovethis...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: Gran denies cultivating cannabis [Re: veggie]
    #4976543 - 11/24/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

It would have been funny if they raided the granny, and it wasn't a granny at all, but a bunch of college kids...

But that's bullshit what they did...

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonized cakes smell like South Florida...

Seriously...
---------------------------------
I can't sleep cuz the mexicans keep lighting their fireworks...
---------------------------------
If ya don't want trouble, ya gots ta crumble...

-Johnny Cochran on the use of crumbled vs. whole cakes..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

InvisibleveggieM

Cannabis grandmother found guilty [Re: veggie]
    #6644469 - 03/07/07 07:09 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

March 7, 2007 - BBC

Cannabis grandmother found guilty
Patricia Tabram spared jail

A 68-year-old grandmother convicted of growing cannabis at her Northumberland home has been given a 250 hour community service order.

Patricia Tabram, from Humshaugh, had denied charges of possessing and cultivating the drug when she appeared at Carlisle Crown Court.

She was arrested in 2005 when plants and growing equipment were seized.

Tabram had claimed she used the drug to relieve depression after the death of her son and pain following a car crash.

Last year she was spared jail after admitting possessing cannabis with intent to supply.

After the hearing she said: "I'm going to go on medicating.

"The police can come to my house every week. I'll give them a cup of tea.

"I'll give them a decent biscuit, which of course will be medicated and I'll give them some cannabis so they charge me again and again and again."

The court heard how she has suffered depression since the death of her teenage son in 1975.

She also said the drug relieved aches and pains caused by two car crashes.

She was in breach of a six-month suspended jail sentence for the 2005 conviction when police, acting on a tip-off, found the plants in a walk-in wardrobe at her home.

Ms Tabram also told them there was powder stored in jars in her kitchen to be used in cooking.

She said: "I am old and I am tired and I am disappointed, not in the result by the jury.

"I am disappointed in the attitude of the court regarding someone my age with my health problems and the way I deal with it.

"I just want to go home and get some rest."

Before appearing in court, the grandmother-of-two claimed she was "not afraid" of going to prison.

'Everyone's granny'

She said she would be "everyone's granny" and would be "treated like a queen".

In 2005, Judge David Hodson refused to jail Tabram, saying he did not want to make her a martyr.

But on Wednesday Judge Barbara Forrester said she could not rule out a jail term because Tabram was in breach of the suspended sentence.

Following the conviction, a Northumbria Police spokesman said: "Patricia Tabram has consistently flouted the law and Northumbria Police has a duty to act on the information we receive concerning possessing and cultivating drugs in order to enforce this law.

"We take drug abuse very seriously and are keen to use all tools at our disposal to eliminate drug dealing and use in the community."

The Crown Prosecution Service said medicinal use of cannabis was not a legal defence to possession and cultivation of the drug.

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: Cannabis grandmother found guilty [Re: veggie]
    #6644709 - 03/07/07 09:27 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

go to the google documentary thread and watch the video "stoned in suburbia" it has a lot of her in it.

--------------------

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabis grandmother found guilty [Re: Cloud9]
    #6645097 - 03/07/07 11:58 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Cloud9 said:
go to the google documentary thread and watch the video "stoned in suburbia" it has a lot of her in it.

lol,, i was just going to post that.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=974422311845273917&q=genre%3ASPECIAL_INT

She's been on the news all day,, i love this woman.

She's decided she has every right to take cannabis,,, and she's not wrong.

:thumbup:

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Cannabis grandmother found guilty [Re: Mike_yy]
    #6649018 - 03/08/07 12:56 PM (17 years, 15 days ago)

Stoned in Suburbia

Cool video! Thanks for posting that. Maybe you should start a new thread to announce the video.

InvisibleveggieM

#7138302 - 07/06/07 04:59 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Gran wins cannabis home use row
July 6, 2007 - BBC

A grandmother convicted of growing cannabis at her Northumberland cottage, can continue using the drug at home.

Patricia Tabram, 68, from Humshaugh, was found guilty in March of possessing and cultivating cannabis, which she says is used for pain relief.

Her landlord, Milecastle Housing, said she was in breach of her tenancy agreement and threatened to evict her.

But after a court hearing in Newcastle, Mrs Tabram was told she could continue to use cannabis treatments in her home.

However, Milecastle Housing warned that if Mrs Tabram was convicted for either cultivating or supplying the drug in the next two years, she would be evicted.

Mrs Tabram claimed the decision was a victory for her way of life.

She said she would continue to take cannabis medicinally - but would no longer attempt to cultivate the drug at home.

Mrs Tabram appeared at Newcastle County Court, after the housing association sought permission to evict her for breaching her tenancy agreement.

Bill Tebay, chief executive of Milecastle Housing, said after the hearing: "If she is convicted of supply or cultivation, we will take action.

"The judgement as it stands means that we will not be taking action if she uses cannabis in her premises.

Walking sticks

"But it is important to note that this judgement is specific to her and that Milecastle Housing have got a very specific policy about illegal use of drugs in its premises."

Mrs Tabram said: "I will be taking my medicine five times a day to be pain free 24 hours a day.

"That means I don't have to go down the route of using two walking sticks, having a neck brace or having to be looked after by home helps."

Mrs Tabram was arrested in 2005 when police raided her bungalow.

She was in breach of a six-month suspended jail sentence when officers, acting on a tip-off, found cannabis plants and growing equipment in a walk-in wardrobe.

She was subsequently convicted at Carlisle Crown Court.

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

#7141260 - 07/07/07 07:12 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

That's great,, she stood up for her rights and they had to accommodate her.

Well done Pat...

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Gran wins cannabis home use row [Re: veggie]
    #7240541 - 07/30/07 04:49 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I'm glad this drug addict fiend is off the streets. I can't imagine the horrors she would inflict on my children if she got her hands on them.

What a rite sore loser, I bet she failed everything at life and turned to drugs to comfort her. It makes me sick that people would want to try drugs, and it makes me even more sick and moreso angry that drug dealers are now targetting our grandmothers. I'll never feel safe around my grandmother ever again, knowing that she is probably hiding a drug addiction to a drug as evil as cannabis.

What a sad world we live in when even our grandmothers are drug dealers. What next? Our babies on cocaine? Our toddlers selling heroin? I'm so glad the government is taking action against scum like this. It's even worse that she was corrupting all those other elderly people with her evil drugs. Who knows what could have happened to them> They could have had a bad reaction to the marihuana and hallucinated hat satan was after them and jumped out of their 40th story apartment into the busy streets of the village they lived in. You never know what's in the pot, the growers could even have put other evil drugs like LSD or pcp or strichine into the marihuana to poison all the people who smoke it, because all drug dealers are evil and are merchants of death.

This makes me sick. I hope she gets locked up for life.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Gran wins cannabis home use row [Re: indica]
    #7241292 - 07/30/07 08:53 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
I'm glad this drug addict fiend is off the streets. I can't imagine the horrors she would inflict on my children if she got her hands on them.

What a rite sore loser, I bet she failed everything at life and turned to drugs to comfort her. It makes me sick that people would want to try drugs, and it makes me even more sick and moreso angry that drug dealers are now targetting our grandmothers. I'll never feel safe around my grandmother ever again, knowing that she is probably hiding a drug addiction to a drug as evil as cannabis.

What a sad world we live in when even our grandmothers are drug dealers. What next? Our babies on cocaine? Our toddlers selling heroin? I'm so glad the government is taking action against scum like this. It's even worse that she was corrupting all those other elderly people with her evil drugs. Who knows what could have happened to them> They could have had a bad reaction to the marihuana and hallucinated hat satan was after them and jumped out of their 40th story apartment into the busy streets of the village they lived in. You never know what's in the pot, the growers could even have put other evil drugs like LSD or pcp or strichine into the marihuana to poison all the people who smoke it, because all drug dealers are evil and are merchants of death.

This makes me sick. I hope she gets locked up for life.

:thumbup:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #7241349 - 07/30/07 09:08 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I know I feel safer with this desperate criminal off the street. :rolleyes:

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

q [Re: Boom]
    #7241371 - 07/30/07 09:13 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

PS - I've never actually tried pot, and I don't need to. I've read enough studies to make up my own mind about what an evil substance it really is. CAN'T YOU SEE THE FACTS? CANNABIS IS EVIL! And if you smoke it you WILL get a mental disorder. PLAIN AND SIMPLE! I can't understand why people would be so stupid as to want to smoke pot? EVERYONE WHO'S EVER SMOKED POT HAS NEVER MADE ANYTHING GOOD OUT OF THEMSELVES AND ENDED UP A HEROIN ADDICT! Look at Kurt Cobain! Look at Jimi Hendrix! They all smoked pot and died from drug overdoses! If you smoke drugs you WILL end up the same.

There is no such thing as 'safe' drug use! It's a lie made up by drug addicts to justify their absurd behaviour. All drug addicts have had their brains MELTED by their stupid drug use and will do anything to excuse their disgusting behaviour.

The evidence is overwhelming, and I'm glad I was never poisoned with this evil weed. I've brought up my kids to believe the same thing as well, and if I ever caught my kids smoking pot I would call the police straight away.

There is a zero tolerance in our household, and I know I can trust my kids never to be stupid enough to want to try pot, because thye know the consequences that await them if they are caught... AND THEY WILL GET CAUGHT

Offlinelequebecfume
iCannibinoid
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québec
    #7241545 - 07/30/07 10:17 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

You and boom obviously don't like cannabis, fair enough, but before making assenine comments on an issue have the kindness to read the articles on which you are commenting.

Gee I wonder what an aquital means ?

LEQ

Patricia Trabham is a heroine to millions of medical cannabis users in the UK and World-wide

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Gran wins cannabis home use row [Re: lequebecfume]
    #7241806 - 07/30/07 11:35 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

geez, you'd think that judging by my post count and complete retarded and ignorant nature of the above couple of posts I made, you'd think that you would have sensed just the SLIGHTEST bit of sarcasm?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract