Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Sterilizing the kitchen
    #72065 - 01/18/00 04:07 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

You don't really have to clean your kitchen too much. If you are worried about sterility issues you can mix in a spray bottle, 10 parts water to 1 part bleach. You then spray this in the area you are working in and it will drop any foreign spores or contamination out of the air (allow 10-15mins after spraying). I would reccomend not using your kitchen in case of any bleaching accidents!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
    #72067 - 01/18/00 06:22 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I just finished on my FIRST TIME attempt to grow shrooms and currently I am waiting for everything to boil and cool down. I cleaned my kitchen, my clothes and everything (yet after the bleach and ammonia mixed and started smelling bad, i opened the windows , uh oh I think on my part).

Good luck, if you need help then contact me cause we can make mistakes together!!! WOOOHooOOO!

------------------
"Pot also turns people into potheads."
I can see it now
memories of other days
turn through my brain
but tonight as always
I cannot breathe

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

Offlineredfuzz
Stranger

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
    #72068 - 01/18/00 06:40 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I'm definatly not a very experieced grower. On my first try, using a PF syringe and the mmgg tek formula I have a 12/12 success rate for my jars that are colonizing. I didn't go nuts cleaning the kitchen. I did my dishes, wiped the counters and stove with fantastic, and thats it. I assumed that the important part was the innoculation, which I strived to be rather clinical about, flame steralizing the needle and uncovering the holes only briefly, and not breathing down on the jars. I used about double the recomended inoculent in each jar (to hopefully speed up colinization, and lower chances of contaminants) So now, 8 days later the insides of all the jars are about half covered in flufy white stuff. I noticed that of the varying jars, (a few pf tek formula, a few loose a few a little more packed, some with more or less inoculent) the mmgg formula, very loose, with lots of inoculent have been the most aggressive. So no I'm feeling kinda cocky, I mixed 2 dozen jars, loosely packed to varying degrees (to hopefully offset birthdates) and steralized them in my new jumbo big pot. So now they have been waiting in the pot cooled for about a day, not too worried about that, with all the tape and tin foil. I'll inoculate tonight and hope for the best. I even inoculated one jar with my own spore print innoculent with out steralizing, just to see if it would work. I'm going to push this non sterile bit to the test. :smile: Haven;t gotten inot that agar stuff, hear that needs better sterility.
Redfuzz

--------------------
Stop thinking and talking and there is nothing we do not know---Zen Paradigm

Anonymous

#72069 - 01/18/00 06:42 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

LOL at Delyrium "we can make mistakes together"!

Python, I just started my process last week
and I'm just beginning to get some white cottony looking stuff spreading around in my jars!!! I basically cleaned the countertops
and the stovetops as well, but basically now while I'm only going to be inspecting the growth of mycelium in the jars for the next week or so, I basically scrub down one countertop willl lysol Kitchen cleaner, wipe it with a clean paper towel, then spray it once over with Lysol. This is good enough for now since I'm placing my terrarium in this one location for roughly 5 minutes.
Good luck!!!

------------------
"...that's my business. Just remember that I did you a favor."-- DeNiro as Vito Corleone, GF2

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#72070 - 01/19/00 11:01 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (06/05/17 06:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale