Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: New!!! Mage's Myco Chamber - Please Read!!!
    #71798 - 01/16/00 03:04 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hmm, I'm getting ideas as to what to do with the extra coffin I got laying around.

Cool Mage, keep it up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #71800 - 01/16/00 06:30 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Shroom Mage,
I was at your site 2 yesterday (1-15-99) and I thought that it was great! Innovationg is such a splended thing!!!!

The one thing I like is that it looks like a huge humidor:-)

If you wanted to get technical here's a link to download a free version of TurboCAD 2D. It's just a 2 dimensional CAD program. Nice thing is that it's free:-)
http://www.solutioncity.com/tc2d_detail.php3

Good luck! I hope to see more coverage on your system as time goes by;-)

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Anonymous

#71801 - 01/16/00 06:40 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks Lana. I would love a copy. I use to have AutoCad way back when...and now I need a good program.

A large humidor!!!...that's kinda where I got the idea...that and those grow cases that use to be offered in High Times!!!

I'll be adding to the site quite a bit over the next few weeks. Mostly common Teks. But by next weekend I should have several Video Teks on the site that can either be viewed as streaming video or for download.

Once again, thanks for the link...I'm going there now!!!

------------------
Need Cultivation Info or are you interested in Spirituality? Come to Mage's EntheoMycology Site" at http://www.shroom-mage.com

[This message has been edited by Shroom Mage (edited January 16, 2000).]

Anonymous

#71802 - 01/17/00 04:26 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

only a suggestion... try to make your system even more complex with an ultraviolet light to sterilize all if necesary ...
Nacho

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
    #71803 - 01/17/00 06:34 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I like it, definatly like it, would even try to recreat it if it were larger, thats the only thing I dont like....Im also working on a setup that is like your your but on a much larger scale.....basically it will be 7 feet high (maybe 8) and about 6-8 feet long and about 3 feet deep. I do love your set up dont get me worng....Keep up the work! OH, and dont look for my set up to be posted here any time soon, Im still in the idea/development stage. BUt, it will be here and it will impress :smile:

------------------
"To all the weed I've smoked......yo this blunts for you"

"To all the people I've offended.....Yea, FUCK YOU TOO!
~Quote from Eminem~

~PanTrop~

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Anonymous

#71804 - 01/17/00 09:39 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Pan Trop: Most of the parts used to construct this system came from a much larger system...same bay size but there were 12 of them. They wern't insulated like this one since I regulated the temp in the room that housed the system. I just can't put the work in to run that large of an operation any more...and who needs 3,500 dry grams of shrooms a month anyway? From your past posts I have no doubt you can and will develop a really kewl system...can't wait to see it :smile:

------------------
Need Cultivation Info or are you interested in Spirituality? Come to Mage's EntheoMycology Site" at http://www.shroom-mage.com

Anonymous

#71805 - 01/17/00 09:49 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Nacho...AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGG!!! Why did you say that? Now it's stuck in my head. The biggest design problem with the system is that it's a little hard to sterilize. To counter act that I took out the liners and made a template of them. I made new liners using 4-mil plastic and an electric sealer. This way I just pop the old liner out and insert the new one...still a pain. But wouldn't it be cool to punch a button and sterilize the unit? Too Kewl. That will have to wait however...the system was design to eventually have refrigeration capabilities...so after I run a couple crops through it...I'll add that...then maybe Ultraviolet Sterilization, if it can be done safely and in a cost efficient manner. Thanks for the idea...now I won't be able to sleep at night :wink:

------------------

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#71806 - 01/19/00 11:43 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (06/05/17 06:03 PM)

Anonymous

#71807 - 01/19/00 04:38 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey very interesting construction,,,,you gonna offer a set of detailed plans with nice diagrams that even the clumsiest of us could read ???

That would be kinda cool,,,also think modular like if you wanted to add additional chambers to the system ,,,how would ya do it????

Per Hoyt.

Anonymous

#71808 - 01/19/00 04:46 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I have had seveal people request plans, so I will put them together and post them soon. Yes, I designed the system so that an additional cultivation bay could be added to the top rather easy. The top is secured so that it can be readily removed and the PVC piping is situated so that if can be expanded. The left side of the unit is also attached so that it comes off easily and additional bays could be added there. So overall the system could be expanded from two cultivation bays to 7 cultivation bays easily and could still be run off the same equipment.

------------------
Need a Cultivation Tek, Growing Parameter or are you interested in Spirituality? Come to Mage's EntheoMycology Site" at http://www.shroom-mage.com

Anonymous

#71810 - 01/28/00 06:22 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Nice. I want one. I saw it at your site last week....cool shit

------------------
"All's it took was a fat chronic blunt....those guys were lightwieghts"

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #71811 - 01/29/00 10:12 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Shroom Mage
First off, I think it's GREAT!!!

But, have you seen this...
http://www.lindberg-bluem.com/enviro/frp.htm

Now, I'm sure yours wouldn't cost as much to build, or to buy retail;-) The reason I wanted to show you this is maybe you could get some more ideas on your design??? It's always nice to look around to see whats out there.

Good job!

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Anonymous

#71812 - 01/29/00 10:36 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Whoa this is wierd! I hadn't seen this post, and just today I finished my page on my terrarium design. It cetainly isn't as complicated, but it is practicle, and easily expanable. Check it out!
http://www.mindspring.com/~jaff/chamber/index.html

Shroom Mage, do you not just put your H2O2 in the humidifier? I have noted no problems doing this...

ThE JafF

Anonymous

#71813 - 01/28/00 11:56 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Lana...yes, I sure did see that...very kewl indeed. Mine cost less than $200 to build if you don't count the refrigeration or heating units. Your right though, it does give me some ideas.

Hey ThE JafF...very nice set up! And we share some of the same approaches too...and yours is definitely more practical and cost effective...I like it! Like I've said...mine is the ultimate in overkill :wink: I built mine so that it would have an old apothacary look to it and would fit the decore of our herb room. When are you going to post pictures of the actual system? Can't wait!!!

Oh, and on the H2O2 Injection approach...I drilled a small hole in the vertical delivery/recycling piping (middle pipe). The hole is covered with selfsealing latex. When I want to use H2O2 misting I use a 60 cc syringe and inject it into the latex...this results in a H202 misting that lasts for about 8 minutes in my system. Interesting...till I did this a couple of months ago and published in on my site a couple of weeks ago...I had never heard of it being done. And it appears that you did it without having seen it before either...great minds...right?

Anyway let me know if anything else comes to mind...

I would love to add your system to the systems page of my web site. Keep up the wonderful work!

------------------
Need a Cultivation Tek, Growing Parameter or are you interested in Spirituality? Come to Mage's EntheoMycology Site" at http://www.shroom-mage.com

[This message has been edited by Shroom Mage (edited January 29, 2000).]

Anonymous

#71814 - 01/29/00 07:18 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I couldn't believe the similarities when I read your post, in design, and in the timing of it.. Last year when I was posting a lot I built a similar model, but it was a lot more difficult to build. I did use the H2O2 in it, and left casings in for weeks with no contamination. For the first time I was taking casings out because it stopped producing, and not because it contaminated. I had originally tried one of those old humidifiers that just spin around and create a mist.. I was just using an aquarium heater to heat the water, but I found that these humidifiers didn't produce enough mist, and it wasn't fine enough so I switch to ultrasonic. Its too bad because they created a lot more airflow. Ultrasonic made all the difference though. I was worried about it breaking down the peroxide, but it didn't seem to.

I've toyed with the idea of using a pelltier junction (or maybe several) to change temperature, but I don't think it wouldn't bring it down low enough for azure experimentation, so I am considering something new. I started a section on my page for mods so I can list ideas people send me, or ideas that I think of that are interesting, but that I didn't include in my design... I only have drawings right now because I don't have a camera, digital or otherwise (I would only use digital anyway, don't want the photolab getting a good look). Maybe I could get a cheap webcam or something.

Airflow in my system seems to be fine, meaning it works, but I do want to get try making something that will dry and rehydrate the casing, more like in nature. The system is perfect right now for producing like mad, and without any effort, but like you, I want to get a little extravagant. For now I just wanted a base system anyone could make for very low money, but could expand when they wanted to, either in size, or in accessories.

ThE JafF

[This message has been edited by ThE JafF (edited January 29, 2000).]

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #71815 - 01/31/00 01:29 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey mage, excellent box! Just wondering about the lights. On your page, it looks like the flourescents are right in the cultivation bay. Are they really? If so are they water proof or do you not worry about them being exposed to the humidity? It's like a big entertainment center with my favorite shroom growing show on 24/7!
well, lights?

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#71816 - 01/31/00 09:44 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Mycophile: that was a big concern I had when I selected the lights. The ones I chose were designed for use in wet saunas. I sealed them too and then was concerned about the light heating up, but I've run several weeks of tests with no problem. As an added safety measure all the electrical goes to a electrical strip that has a built in fuse and reset button. I tested it by plugging in a wire that I shorted out on purpose and it worked great. I can sleep at night. :O) Love your screen name by the way...I almost borrowed it for my site's name a while back :smile:

------------------

Anonymous

#71817 - 01/30/00 10:27 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I think both Shroom Mages and The Jaffs' setup are kind of neat. I did something like the Jaffs' but instead of PVC I used inflatable polyethylene duct tubing from fungiperfecti, it's easy to handle, cut, etc... and fairly cheap 20 feet for 7 dollars, comes in pre-punched and unpunched flavours and whatever is left over can be used as a hanging muchroom bag :smile:. I also added a computer fan on the bottom of my terrium to draw air out. This runs five minutes of every hour. Since adding the air outtake I have'nt had a single breakout of contams.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order